Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Stella's Kitchen
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-17-2004, 05:00 PM   #101
2 Rivet Member

2003 33' Land Yacht 33
Fort Myers , Florida
We have the Holland Companion. Though pricey and a bit slow, it produces the best steaks I have ever had anywhere.
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 06:42 PM   #102
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bredlo
Wow, Cosmotini... you oughta be getting a sales commission off these things, you've already sold 4 of 'em for Frontgate!
Happy that fellow A/S'ers can take advantage of the good deal. I only wish that I hadn't just bought the Thane QGrill or I would have gotton one of these myself.

I did just get a Traeger Pellet Grill for as a birthday gift. As Martha sez ... It's a good thing.

Dennis
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 09:20 PM   #103
3 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
, Michigan
I've had the Olympia for 5 or more years. I use a 10 pound propane tank with multi-outlet propane tree and 10 foot hose for gas.

The Olympia grills great with enough room to cook for the four of us. As a side benefit, I have a cast aluminum grill that just about fits on top that I use for cooking breakfast. It has become my primary cooking appliance while camping.

Jim
JW84345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 06:24 PM   #104
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
It's here.

Well ... the grill from frontgate arrived today. It was listed on their website on sale for about 150.00. Then the price was reduced by another 40.00. I can tell you why.

The grill is lovely but it arrived in unusable condition. The guts were miss installed and we had to disassemble the grill and move a couple of screws, bend a mounting bracket and then put the thing back together again. Now it's great and the fix only took a few minutes.

My guess is that frontgate customers are not interested in new stuff they have to fix before they can use - hence the deep discount. Frontgate was happy to honor the reduced web price when i called and refunded the sale diffrence.

That said - the grill is great and really hot! The manual that came with is says it's made by Suntyme Casual Living Products. It heats evenly and seems to be well built. And of course the stainless steel is a thing of beauty...

Anticipating many great meals...

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 04:28 PM   #105

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
I am also seriously thinking of switching to the Weber Baby Q. So to answer the question, right now I have the Smokey Joe, but am seriously considering moving to the Baby Q.
Hey Eric, did you buy the Baby Q? We have the ACE hardware convention going on right now and I went down to the giant Weber display area. I got my hands on the Baby Q and it looks pretty sharp. It is a hunk of aluminum with a heavy grate inside. The grate is made in such a way that anything dripping will not hit the burner. It comes pretty much preassembled and I noticed that there is now a cover with draw strings made for the grill. Cost is $125 with free shipping at Amazon. Apparently if you remove the bottle holder, a 16 oz. bottle will fit. The grill has a 5 year warranty.

If I have time I'll check out local prices and possibly pick one up for my trip next week.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 04:39 PM   #106
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
[QUOTE=Janet]Well ... the grill from frontgate arrived today. The grill is lovely but it arrived in unusable condition. The guts were miss installed and we had to disassemble the grill and move a couple of screws, bend a mounting bracket and then put the thing back together again. Now it's great and the fix only took a few minutes.

/[QUOTE]I received mine last week. It was assembled. The "guts" were installed and rest on a sliding bracket with a wing nut. The only thing to assemble is to attach the regulator and install a battery (included). I have put it back in the box to save 'til we get our Airstream and to use on our maiden voyage.
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:13 PM   #107
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I got mine it was almost assembled, needing only the burner attached and battery put in for the igniter. Looks almost exactly like the Solaire, except for the different legs.
Same dimensions, weight, and BTU.
Very nice! I look forward to my next grill out.
Cloudland Canyon here we come.....
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:30 PM   #108
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Fyi

If anyone hasn't mentioned it here yet, here's an option, it's called the Toolbox Grill, and it works like a dream. I bought one for my husband sort of as a gag gift (he's a contractor) but last weekend we took it camping and it was great. You just shut the lid to put out the coals, no ash flying around. You just leave it to cool and dump out the ashes the next day.

It takes patience to cook with it, you have wait for the coals to really cool so you don't have hockey puck burgers. for covered cooking with ventilation you just flip up the latch to hold the lid down but slightly open.

It's not the best option, but it's a heck of a lot less of a hassle than a smokey joe! Plus there's a gas version. And a big huge version.

www.toolboxgrill.com

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 02:00 PM   #109

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
FWIW,
I ended up buying the Weber Baby-Q today at the local Linens & Things store. They are doing a seasonal close out at 25% off. I happend to get the last one which was in an open box and they gave me an additonal 20% off. Bottom line price $77.

I got it home took off the small propane bottle holder and hooked up a 16 oz. Coleman bottle. It fits and works great.

I think Linens & Things is a national chain so you might be able to find one in your neck of the woods. You can pick up a Weber cover off of Amazon.com for about $7.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:41 AM   #110
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Atlanta , Georgia
Don't know if any of ya'll are still looking, but I just picked up a small Big Green Egg yesterday for camping. I have a large one at home and a medium size weber gas grill at home. I usually cook out about three times a week and have not used the weber once since i purchased the BGE. The weber is a great grill, but you can't beat anything that is cooked on the egg!

The only downsize is that the small is kind of awkward and heavy at 65lbs. It has a 13 in. round cooking grid. No lighter fluid is needed and the lump charcoal last a long time on these!

If you are on the fence b/n gas and charcoal grills, check em out! If not, just ignore me! haha.

Scott
addisons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:06 AM   #111
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I haven't picked one up yet, but based on our converstaion a few days ago, I look even more forward to gettin' one.

I have heard through the grapevine I have a holiday gift with my name on it, so I'll just have to wait a few more months.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:11 AM   #112
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I already got my new ss infrared grill, but anyone use the COBB? Seems like a great little grill for charcoal use .
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 10-14-2004, 10:59 PM   #113
2 Rivet Member

There is a nice stainless grill you can get around here at Lowe's.
It's about the right size for two people, and it folds up nicely to
store while not in use.

It goes by the name BBQ Grillware, you can get on:

http://www.lowes.com

and probably locate one. Nice grill, pretty decent contruction. Not
too big though. Made in the good old P.R. of C. though.

Price is right at 88 bucks though.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:14 PM   #114
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Pleasant Hill , The Golden State
Hey Alansd,

You mentioned the Cobb. We saw one in a yacht supply store and it looks fantastic! The right size for a streamer.

Anyone using one?
wildwoodrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 07:07 AM   #115
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
The Cobb seems like a great idea, but I already got my infra-grill. It cooks like blazes.
I did Salmon and it was a bit too done..my first attempt. This is the hottest 'lil ole grill I have ever used.
It cleaned up great afterwards running it on high for 3-4 minutes to burn off the extra droppings.
Looking forward to grilling at Cloudland Canyon next weekend!
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 10-18-2004, 07:21 AM   #116
JerryG

2004 31' Classic
Louisville , Kentucky
Magma Marine Grill

Several years ago I bought a Magma Marine Grill-Gas Bar-B-Q/Stove from WestMarine for my sailboat but never used it. Sold the sailboat but kept the grill. I am using it now with my Airstream. It doubles as a grill or as a stove to cook on. With shore legs mounting it works great. Magma sells a wok that fits it that is large enough to cook for a party.

One website to check it out is http://marineengineparts.com/shopsit...l/page241.html
$159.95

Features: • High tech stainless steel radiant burner plate and dome system allows use as a BBQ, stove, or oven. • Perfect even heat distribution as a BBQ, direct open flame cooking as a stove. • Fully double lined stainless steel lower bowl. • Quick release valve lock allowing safe, easy fuel change while cooking. • Uses standard disposable propane cylinders or adapts to bottle systems
2004 Dodge Ram Quad 2500
seamusthegray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:24 AM   #117
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusthegray
Several years ago I bought a Magma Marine Grill-Gas Bar-B-Q/Stove from WestMarine for my sailboat but never used it. ...

One website to check it out is http://marineengineparts.com/shopsit...l/page241.html
$159.95
Sounded like a great deal 'til I read the last statement:

"8 mounting options adapt to any boat(NOT INCLUDED)".

Then I kind of lost interest!
Old 10-18-2004, 12:25 PM   #118
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Geez the mount is only 44.95 extra!
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 10-18-2004, 01:37 PM   #119
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
8 mounting options adapt to any boat(NOT INCLUDED)
Sure that doesn't mean the boat is not included?!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:05 PM   #120
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
Sure that doesn't mean the boat is not included?!

Shari
That's why I'm so disappointed. I want the boat, too!