Old 04-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #225
1 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Bend , Oregon
Sport Grill MVP

Just bought the Sport Grill MVP. Looked at the Coleman Road Trip but was not impressed with the quality. However, the Sport Grill MVP offers the same versitility with a higher lever of construction. For example, the grill/griddle components are made of Cast Iron. And it seemed a lot more durable. Works with both small propane tanks or can be adapted for use with larger tanks. Definately worth a look!

Old 04-14-2008, 06:26 PM   #226
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibgl6
I found this in a ad when I did a search for the baby Q on Google Hope this helps.....SAM

A disposable 14.1-oz. propane cylinder (not included) lasts up to 1.5 hours.
Hey thanks - that's the answer I was looking for! I appreciate it!

Old 04-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #227
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
You have to take off the bottle holder ring to handle the fat bottles. I went out and bought a smaller 11 lb. tank. You might find that a suitable alternative.

Jack
Thanks Jack - Yup - the ring is still on there so if I want to use the fat one it would have to come off. I'm leaning towards an 11lb tank - I think it's a great idea. There is also a 5 lb tank that I might consider. Then when I have the big tanks filled I can have the little one done at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotochop
You should consider replacing one of your regulator outlets with a "Y" or "Tee" that allows you to add another propane hose to your existing bottle, that way you wouldn't have to haul another bottle out when camping and could just hook your Weber up to your trailer and burn some meat..
It's not a bad idea and a lot of people do that for their grills, but, it also limits the location for using the grill. I'd rather have the flexibility to be able to move it around freely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIstream'n
We use an 11 lb tank from Cabella's. Perfect size and it's completely flat on the bottom.
That's the direction that I'm leaning in. I just don't know if I'm going to get a 5 lb or the 11 lb.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #228
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' International CCD
Freehold , New Jersey
I also have the Coleman RoadTrip. Also purchased the flat 'griddle' for doing the pancakes, bacon etc, AND the stove top attachment for a coffee pot, soup pot etc. Comes with the regular grill tops suitable for steaks, dogs and the like. ALSO purchased the extra hose and adapter and a small 5lb propane tank. Have used a dozen times and still on the first tank. I don't like the small 1 lb tanks.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:48 PM   #229
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Southport (Panama City) , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ibgl6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPlay
I also have the Coleman RoadTrip. Also purchased the flat 'griddle' for doing the pancakes, bacon etc, AND the stove top attachment for a coffee pot, soup pot etc. Comes with the regular grill tops suitable for steaks, dogs and the like. ALSO purchased the extra hose and adapter and a small 5lb propane tank. Have used a dozen times and still on the first tank. I don't like the small 1 lb tanks.
I dont know what the coleman looks like but my Thermos grill to go comes with a 60/40 split griddle/flat for eggs and pan cakes....SAM

Air#15607 TAC FL-2

Good Sam (LifeTime Member)
ibgl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:04 AM   #230
1 Rivet Member

2001 30' Limited
Fonthill , Ontario
I use the stainless steel Napoleon portable grill. Excelent quality but a bit bulky for extensive travel vacations. Pricey at $325, but should last forever, mine has over 30,000 miles on it and I use the trailer tanks almost exclusively but can use the small tanks as well.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:17 AM   #231
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandrod
We have a Weber Baby Q and have been using it at home off of a 20lb propane cylinder. When we take to the road this summer the grill will be with us but I don't want to take the 20 lb tank nor do I want to hook up to the big tanks on the trailer.
We stopped by Camping World yesterday and bought a refillable 5 lb tank. It seems like it will be the perfect size to haul around with the Baby-Q. Ir should last for while between refills and we won't be throwing any of the non-refillable canisters into the environment.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:32 AM   #232
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
As reported earlier in this thread we had an infrared grill from frontage but it was too hot! we burned more food and never really made friends with it. last year we got a Napoleon Freestyle propane grill that came with a cool attachment to mount on the hitch receiver - love this grill!!! It comes in both infrard and regular burner - we got the regular burner... no more burnt offerings (well not many)
I bought one of these on clearence last fall. Paid just over $200. Stainless and heavy. She will last forever! No hitch attachment though.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #233
CLOUDSPLITTER Phone home

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY

The Holland works great, and just fits right in at the campsite....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PISECO LAKE CAMPING JULY 2008 087.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	419.5 KB
ID:	75466  

"The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity."
Abe Lincolan
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:47 AM   #234
4 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy 27
1969 21' Globetrotter
1953 25' Cruiser
Front Royal , Virginia
Bob,Sandra,

Does the Holland get hot enough? The web site says that it only goes to 5800 BTU. I like to get a good char on the steaks and was afraid that would not get hot enough to do that. I like the look and design of the Holland.

I have been driving myself nuts trying to narrow it down. So far I have been looking at:

Char-Broil Grill-to-go

Weber Q220

Holland Grill

They are all in the same price category. The char broil comes with a stand so that is where I am leaning but it seems a bit big. I like that it says it is 14K BTU, but you never can tell if the manufacturer is using the same rating.

Does any one have any of these?

Nick
Old 02-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #235
CLOUDSPLITTER Phone home

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick6930 View Post
Bob,Sandra,

Does the Holland get hot enough? The web site says that it only goes to 5800 BTU. I like to get a good char on the steaks and was afraid that would not get hot enough to do that. I like the look and design of the Holland.

I have been driving myself nuts trying to narrow it down. So far I have been looking at:

Char-Broil Grill-to-go

Weber Q220

Holland Grill

They are all in the same price category. The char broil comes with a stand so that is where I am leaning but it seems a bit big. I like that it says it is 14K BTU, but you never can tell if the manufacturer is using the same rating.

Does any one have any of these?

Nick
Nick,
The Holland has worked well for us. The newer models do have folding legs which would make it easier to store/carry. Carry bag is also available. Size was an important consideration, and it just fit's right in, stores in the coach under table.
One thing that is a bit different, you do have to get used to letting it do it's thing...I was in the habit of opening frequently to ck progress. Keep the burner clean and patience are in order. We love skewer meals, and the fact it doesn't flair up is terriffic. All & all it's been the best gas grill we've used.

May be better out there but we be Happy.

"The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity."
Abe Lincolan
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #236
3 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Bradenton and Saluda , Florida & North Carolina
We Love the Cadac Safari Chef

You might want to consider the Safari Chef grill, it is light weight, high BTUs and compact for storage. We love the way it grills, and the versatility of the other cooking capabilities, have been great. It all stores inside itself and comes in a carrying bag (stores under the bed!)

safarichefgrill.com
Old 02-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #237
2 Rivet Member

2008 16' Safari
Trabuco Canyon , California
We really like our COBB GRILL. This is a charcoal grill.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #238
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
Safari Chef Grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbambi View Post
You might want to consider the Safari Chef grill, it is light weight, high BTUs and compact for storage. We love the way it grills, and the versatility of the other cooking capabilities, have been great. It all stores inside itself and comes in a carrying bag (stores under the bed!)

safarichefgrill.com

(1) Will the Safari get hot so you can sear a steak?
(2) Can you get 4 T bone steaks on it?
(2) Can you hook it to a large propane tank with a adapter hose?
Their web site does not make it clear.

jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote