Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Stella's Kitchen
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #301
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
rotisserie

Just finished watching RV2010. A featured item was a battery operated rotisserie. It uses two D batteries and holds 18 lbs. of food. I think it was called an Aussie Pit. I tried a web search and ebay and came up with the Aussie Grill and Aussie/Pit puppies. Anyone heard of this product and how to research it?

Thanks,
Kathy
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #302

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
Just finished watching RV2010. A featured item was a battery operated rotisserie. It uses two D batteries and holds 18 lbs. of food. I think it was called an Aussie Pit. I tried a web search and ebay and came up with the Aussie Grill and Aussie/Pit puppies. Anyone heard of this product and how to research it?

Thanks,
Kathy
I think you had a few too many letters. It seems to be just "auspit"

Auspit Australian Outdoor Rotisseries - "Low and Slow" BBQ at its finest!
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #303

1958 22' Flying Cloud
Wichita , Kansas
we love our camp chef propane cooker $100 plus extra for all the extra stuff
houseberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #304
3 Rivet Member

1986 31' Sovereign
Naples , Florida
Weber Q100, Love it at home and on the beach! Solid cast iron grill is something I thought was only available in high end grills and commercial kitchens, forget portable grills... Sooo happy with it.
captmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #305
1 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB International
Inver Grove Heights , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by captmatt View Post
Weber Q100, Love it at home and on the beach! Solid cast iron grill is something I thought was only available in high end grills and commercial kitchens, forget portable grills... Sooo happy with it.
We also love our Weber Q!!!!
rt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #306
1 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Princeton , Iowa
Hey Shari, do you have the recipe for the Grand Marnier French toast?
This is my first use of the forum site.
Wildflower2
wildflower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #307
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' Classic
crystal lake , Illinois
We have the Magma Del Mar I think it's called, we have used it for yrs and love it. We just put it on e back of the truck we use to pull the camper with and it's great!

http://magmaproducts.com/shopsite_sc...roduct370.html
Doglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #308
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
We have the blue Coleman grill that we bought when it first came out, had its own table and legs, bought all the additional inserts as well for pans, pancake top.
Really love it, can connect by canister or run line to camper propane tanks, fold down legs adjust for level and you are ready to go, flame adjustment is no different than a reg stove, it is non stick so cooking and cleaning is a breeze.
Folds down to a resonable size as well.

Sarge
NRA, DAV, PGR, DRA
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #309
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
We bought one of the blue Coleman Roadtrip grills when they first came out too. It's not the best grill but it is I think the best all 'rounder. With the stove ring attachments it's a great auxiliary to another BBQ. Slow cooking the water bath helps keep things moist. The flat grill is mostly useless; just use a good non-stick pan. Or if weight's no object cast iron ;-) The Coleman soft carry case with the wheels is a nice accessory.

One hint, put a squirt of dish soap in the water pan before cooking and it cleans up much easier. Also, Easy-Off BBQ Grill Cleaner is a great product! We use it on our stainless steel gas stove top in the kitchen as well. In our area it seems to be available only during the summer months. Not a lot of BBQ going on in Seattle during our dark wet winters :=
bhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #310
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Sorry if I am late to this thread but I've only had our Airstream for 6 days now.......
We found this grill for our sailboat 6 years ago. It reminds me of an Airstream in a good way. I am sure it will be here in 25 years, happily grilling whatever comes its way! It is the little known Parker grill. Best small grill I have ever seen or used.
Bruce
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3865898605.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	504.0 KB
ID:	153601  
Old 03-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #311
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
PK Portable Kitchen

Fun to see this thread pop back up. I put aside some hardwood charcoal recently in mind of cooking tomorrow (Sunday). The PK Portable Kitchen (in a post above) lives out of the way at the front of the truck bed in it's own crate. Sliding crates around on the dealer-installed plastic bedliner makes things easy to get to.

Bought just over 10-lbs of chicken leg quarters to smoke tomorrow, but tonight have to set up the brine to set the meat in until the morning. Don't think it will quite be up to the local Smolik's Smokehouse in either Mathis or Cuero, TX though I'm convinced I'm working my way there.

Once closer to home was Clark's Oupost in Tioga, TX. Long ago learned several adaptations of their chicken (as their recipe shown in Bon Appetit). Can't go wrong with it.

Time to fill the fridge and freezer from this solid aluminum cooker entering its' 57th year of service.

Here is a new one:

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #312
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Glendale , California
porta-chef

Check this one out I'm on my second generation , this one is improved over first one . Legs come off , fits together like suitcase , can use on table top . Does not have flair up problem works great.Broil King® - Porta-Chef
silverbacksurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #313
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
We use a Magma stainless kettle steel grill that is very popular on boats. Light weight easily stowed and easy to clean.
Dan
Old 03-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #314
3 Rivet Member

Cerritos , California
For portability and ease of storage, Walmart sells a notebook foldable charcoal grill thats only 1" thick when folded ($14)
68Streamline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #315
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Centrally Located , Wish you were here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifboy View Post
Sorry if I am late to this thread but I've only had our Airstream for 6 days now.......
We found this grill for our sailboat 6 years ago. It reminds me of an Airstream in a good way. I am sure it will be here in 25 years, happily grilling whatever comes its way! It is the little known Parker grill. Best small grill I have ever seen or used.
Bruce
Congrats on your your AS!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #316
2 Rivet Member

2011 28' International
Stillwater (last known) , United States
Exclamation Catering gear?

I settled for a small Coleman and am going through undercooking / ovecooking hell, but that's what it takes sometimes. . but, I did look at some beefy, hardcore gas burners used by event caterers. . any experiences out there with that approach??. . mind you just talking single burner here. .
nick_gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #317
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
We had bought a George Forman grill recently for me to use here at home because I dont cook, cooking time is great, taste is great, low fat is great. We decided to take it this weekend to tryout with the camper, given it smaller size it took up very little room. When ready to eat just pluged it in and 6 minutes later hamburgers was done and we was eating, cleanup wipe down and put away. No mess no fuss, much much better that digging out setting up the grills and then cleaning and tear down.
I believe I am going to invest in the next better one of GF grills that has the mutiple plates for more variety of cooking and see how it works.
NRA, DAV, PGR, DRA
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #318
2 Rivet Member

2011 28' International
Stillwater (last known) , United States
just saw this!

Esbit's go-anywhere folding grill

but it is a grill - and I really think actual gas burners are the way to go. . .has anyone used bona fide heavy duty catering items? They a) can really heat b) have serious simmer control. . .
nick_gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #319
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
The catering piece sounds good. I might "search" a brand name against RV and boat forums, fishing and hunting, etc.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #320
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Best Portable Grill?

For the past three seasons, I have been enjoying my Napoleon portable LP Grill with Infrared element. Other than the manufacturers very poor (closest to non-existent of any product that I have purchased recently) assembly instructions, I have been thrilled with all aspects of the grill . . . and the manufacturers warranty to the original purchaser is excellent. There are a wide selection of options and mounting hardware available from the manufacturer.

The grill is comparatively easy to clean, and is free from the sharp edges that I found on so many of its competitors . . . but I wouldn't expect anything less at its price-point. With all of the accessories that i purchased along with three of its mini-LP cylinders in its fitted case, the grill weighs about 40 pounds ready for transport. Not the lightest of portables, but it's built to last a lifetime . . . I don't expect to be shopping for a replacement in my lifetime. We have been so impressed with our portable Napoleon, we have been looking at built-in models for our new home when we move later this year.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote