Old 11-16-2004, 02:26 PM   #127
jim

Northville
Send a message via AIM to jim
NordicWare has a great BBQ grill that nicely fits the RV. We purchased ours second hand but Nordic Ware website still should show it.

Old 11-16-2004, 05:24 PM   #128
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Just can't beat our little Coleman suitcase style propane stove. It doesn't grill, but talk about quick and easy for camp cooking! I think we've definitely reached the less is more state of mind!

Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:32 PM   #129
I love Airstreams...
Commercial Member

1989 29' Land Yacht
Haines City , Florida
Talking Best Portable Grill....?

i am looking for a small portable grill that will fold down...yet be tall enough to cook on when legs up.....easy clean and that will work with small propane bottles...

thanks for any help....also must be able to purhase at say Sams, Walmart, Camping World....

thanks again

lee

Ram 3500 DRW LB SuperCrew
PCS Professional Coach
AIR# 6366
leefields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:52 PM   #130
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
I bought a Road Trip Grill LXE made by coleman nice grill folds up and down very easy, check them out at coleman.com
Old 02-18-2006, 06:52 PM   #131
4 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Mansfield , Texas
Try one of the small Webber grills from Camping World, Lowe's or Home Depot.
They come in two sizes. They have a portable stand, and use the disposable bottles.
They do well and are the next best thing to a large grill.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:06 PM   #132
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Lee,
I own several, but the one that I always take on the road is this one:

http://tinyurl.com/drzs9

It lists for approx. $300, but I got it at Heartland America for less than half of that. It's easy on propane and heats up to cooking temperature in under 3 minutes. It's very well built, and cooks real good (according to my wife).
Old 02-18-2006, 07:26 PM   #133
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Roseville , California
The Coleman mentioned earlier (or a similar model) sells for $159-$189 and is carried by Camping World, among other places. It is "cute" and does an excellent job. The negative: It is a hassle (heavy, awkward) getting it in and out of my truck, and setting it up is a a zoo, as parts fall this way and that, legs collapse, etc. (Note: Problem may be my own total lack of coordination.)

I did buy on-line the optional (almost $50 as I recall) carrying bag, and I think it is worth it. It helps contain everything and keeps grill grime off other things in my truck.

If the Coleman is more than you want to spend, Weber makes a small portable grill grill that is very good, about $49 as I recall, but does not have legs. Weber also makes I believe ones with legs, but I have no experience with it (other than the excellent backyard-type BBQs).

Grill-on, my man.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:29 PM   #134
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefields
i am looking for a small portable grill that will fold down...yet be tall enough to cook on when legs up.....easy clean and that will work with small propane bottles...

thanks for any help....also must be able to purhase at say Sams, Walmart, Camping World....

thanks again

lee
Hey Lee, Ya know after 6 years of full timing I have gone through my share of portable grills.

The small propain canisters seem to leak once used, so count on a new canister every time you fire up. Sure, I can take the heat, but for the past year I have loved my "Sunbeam" electric grill from Walmart ($29.00) nicely made, just plug it into the campsite and get some of what you paid for. Boondocking, use the 2000 watt Honda or just buy a nice cast iron griddle and fire up the stove top.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Happy burning,
Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 08:43 PM   #135
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
We have the Coleman Road Trip Grill....which we affectionately call the "Road Kill Grill." It's nice, because you can use it as a grill or a griddle, and you can buy extra grill and griddle parts to increase the size for whichever application you choose. It's nice to be able to cook bacon outdoors....the only problem is your hungry neighbors! :-)

Jackson Rancheria, 10-12 Oct 2014
Pinnacles Nat'l Park, 20-22 Feb 2015
Casini Ranch, 10-12 Apr 2015

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 02-18-2006, 09:10 PM   #136
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefields
i am looking for a small portable grill that will fold down...yet be tall enough to cook on when legs up.....easy clean and that will work with small propane bottles...thanks for any help....also must be able to purhase at say Sams, Walmart, Camping World....thanks againlee
lee
there is a long thread from last spring/summer on grills.....and the many choices/prices/features and so on....search a bit.

like a lot of the folks here, i currently use the little weber/stand which works fine.....and a 20lb rhino lp tank that can be swapped when empty, at walmart and lots of other places..

still i enjoy using charcoal whenever the camp site comes with a built in grill or fire ring.....

cheers
2air'
Old 02-18-2006, 10:14 PM   #137
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
See my review of the Road Trip grill in the aforementioned Gas Grills thread.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:29 PM   #138
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Thumbs up

I really like the Weber Q. I gave it my personal recommendation.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #139
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Portable grill with easy clean up

Well Lee I searched the other threads and couldn't find this one--very easy to adjust according to what you are cooking. The ladies at the local cookout club demonstrated it. You can use charcoal, some prefer real wood, I didn't see propane used however...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	portable grill.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	18563  
Old 06-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #140
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Talking Fold Up Charcoal Grill

My Wife (the lovely Mrs. Gunner), and I have never been satisified with the various grills we have used with our Motorhome. The Gas Grills tend to blow our in windy conditions, (having found our food cold too often), and the charcoal grills seemed to big to store in our storage compartments.

I have recentely found one I really like. It is called the Flip n Grill by Skrazo. It folds down to a mere 2 inches thick and yet has 192 sq. inches of cooking space. I wanted the coals a lttle closer to the grilling area, so I fashioned a grate to elevate the coals out of an old frig rack. Now I can regulate how high the coals are. The cooking grates are porcelain coated as well.

I was preparing to buy the new Weber portable gas grill for about $130.00 when I found this. The Weber was really too big to stow away and I was looking for a better option. This flip n grill only cost $29.99 saving a hundred bucks.

I bought it at Cabellas Sporting Goods Store. It comes with a canvas carrying case and seems to be quite sturdy. The only down side is that it is made in China.
Attached Images

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote