Old 01-10-2016, 11:14 AM   #15
Rivet Master
2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
We got our plastic plates at wallmart, if they get damaged we aren't out much,and we do enjoy the montana steaks on them.

tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:16 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member
2009 28' International
Pacific Palisades , California
Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
We bought a set of Corelle (?) from Target. Set of 4, plates, bowls and small plates. Can't do the plastic wine glass so we picked up some wine glasses that come in a box of 4. The box sits above the sink and the glasses ride in the box. Easy peasy. We also have a back up box somewhere in the back for emergencies, like when we find lots of people sitting around the table an on the bench.
We also keep the four glass wine glasses in the original box--works like a charm! For melamine dishes, we found these cool retro ones at In our Ocean Breeze International, these pick up the blue gray theme and add lots of spot color fun.

gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
We bought Corelle. It feels most like china, microwaves well, and the square dishes fit well into the cabinets. Check online for some great patterns. We bought ours at an outlet and love it. I think you can also get 20% on Corelle's online store.

Glasses are another matter. We have AS friends who have glass glasses. I guess they just replace them if they break. We have plastic, but I confess I really like my wine in glass. Crate & Barrel has some nice stacking Lucite glasses we use. Also, Dixie makes a plastic cup called "Crystal" which is very thin and fine, more like crystal for drinks.
Outdoors4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:09 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
Vintage Kin Owner
tonkawa , Oklahoma
Real vintage Fiesta Ware for 20 years without a single broken dish. I had heavy Martha Stewart glasses that eventually had some breakage but not due to travel. Kids had vintage aluminum tumblers and I have vintage Pyrex too. We have been full time 20 years while working so we admittedly did not travel every day and haven't moved in a while (good workamping gig right now.) This is my home and I want the good stuff. 😊
$hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:22 PM   #19
2015 16' Sport
Pace , Florida
We use the coated metal plates, cups and bowls that are sold at the Coleman camping store.
Theojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #20
2015 25' FB International
Laramie , Wyoming
My kinda thinkin' 👍
Evelyn Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:44 PM   #21
2015 25' FB International
Laramie , Wyoming
We use mostly paper- much less grey water in the process!
Evelyn Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:51 PM   #22
Rivet Master
1996 25' Excella
Tillsonburg , Ontario
We use Corelle. The downside is the weight of Corelle dishes has occasionally pushed the flip up door over the sink open enough to spill the contents of the cupboard. Our Melamine never did that. Melamine is not heat proof or microwaveable. Corelle is good around heat and somewhat microwave safe. Some items heat up faster than the food contents in a Microwave, Others are OK
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:51 PM   #23
Rivet Master
1999 28' Excella
New Orleans , Louisiana
Since we are full-timers we used our best stainless and got some very cute melamine plates at Pier 1. I use my hand blown wine glass and have many glass serving dishes stored with old towels. Also if we don't feel like cleaning a lot of dishes there is the ol' stand by paper plates.

Have fun!
badkat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member
1988 34' Excella
Rocky Mount , North Carolina
Corelle and I bought the same shelving used by "Silverbee" (look at her photo) to get more mileage out of the space. I have two large Dinner plates small bowls 4" diameter. That is what I use most. I also have the 6" cereal bowls which I rarely use. We have two of the large serving bowls (8 and 1/2") that we use for salads. I have the 8 and 1/2" plates which I rarely use. I have some small plates 7 and 1/2" that I got at the flea market which you should definitely check out as a source. I probably paid .25@. The other Corelle bowl we use all the time is 6 and 1/2" wide and 3" deep. And the other thing I use a lot is 8 and 1/2 paper plates. And there is a holder which is mounted under the upper cabinet. Very convenient. I have small plastic glasses and they are the drinking workhorses here. The other thing I would recommend is the Corning cups (2) that come with their own lids. Walmart has them. We like them for soup. Enough. I hope that helps!
Sunnysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:31 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member
2000 30' Excella
Princeton , Iowa
Correlle and Tervus glassware, even use the small Tervus (with the Airstream flamingo) for coffee because of the insulating qualities. Can't stand plastic or paper.
wildflower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:37 PM   #26
Rivet Master
2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
I think the basket weave china went in Glimmer. It's packed in dish towels. However, we used paper plates almost exclusively. Makes for less dish washing, by far. Coffee goes in a pair of stainless steel insulated travel cups. We may move to ceramics as they are a bit more comfortable in the trailer. Glasses - we use the big solo plastic for cola and the wine goes in stemless plastic. We changed out the left over mix of spoons and forks with a set of Oneida stainless flatware. Feels nice to the hand and not too difficult to wash. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:29 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member
2004 28' Safari S/O
Georgetown , Ontario
Best dishes

We also prefer Corelle & good wine glasses. We keep the Riedel wine glasses in their boxes above sofa; use a sheet of bubble wrap to keep things in place. The only breakage has been when our dog wagged his tail & sent a friends full wine glass flying!
JACQUIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #28
Rivet Master
2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Oh, as to flatware. I actually got silver-plate flatware at an estate sale. $5 for everything.

Makes it kind of fun!

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote