I make a batch of these in my home kitchen, store in air-tight container, and into the Airstream they go before hitting the road.
Make a green salad, grill some of your favourite sausages over the campfire - dinner is served!
FAN'S BEER BISCUITS
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar or Splenda
5 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 oz. beer
- preheat oven to 350F., and grease 12 muffin cups
- combine dry mixture in a large bowl
- add beer all at once and stir until blended and elastic in consistency
- fill muffin cups completely
- brush melted butter over the top of each muffin
- bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center of the muffin comes out cleanly
Variation: For a Tex/Mex style biscuit, I use Bud Lite Lime beer and add chopped jalapenos to the batter.