Old 06-07-2015, 03:01 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
1963 26' Overlander
Dallas , Texas
First time owner of a 1963 Overlander. Ghost number 8093. As far as I can tell from my research and talking to the previous owner I'm the 4th owner. An immigrant couple from Italy bought it new, they had it until the 80's when they passed away. A French man bought it and used it for several years until he parked it. It greatly deteriorated during this time. Then a woman for OKC bought it with the intention of restoring it but never did anything with it. I bought it from her July of 2013. I've been slowly renovating it when I'm home.

Cardinal283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:02 PM   #16
Rivet Puller
2004 28' Safari S/O
Marietta , Georgia
She Likes It Too Much

We are the 2nd owners of a 28' slide-out built in Oct 2002. The first owners were long time streamers on their fourth continuous unit having first joined the community in the late fifties. Shortly after their purchase, the wife died and the sons convinced Dad he shouldn't be heading out alone at 83+ while both were too busy finishing their careers to make use of it.

A late night internet session caused me to stumble on the ad minutes after it was posted. By dawn, I had a reply and 48 hours later we were hitching it up for the 500 mile trip home. (We had been searching for almost a year by then.)

Late May through Memorial Day weekend marked it's last outing for ~90 days. 32,000+ miles and 41 states later it resides temporarily in the driveway undergoing its first interior refresh since departing the factory. Fabrics and materials arrive daily for the summer 'project' which I expect to have done by Labor Day so we can make an extended fall foliage run through New England.

Countless open houses later, my wife continues to remark about how this remains the perfect unit for us and vigorously debunks notions of exchanging for another. I guess I've made too many custom touches to it

SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:25 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
1954 25' Cruiser
Cody , Wyoming
We are new to AS and recently bought a 1954 cruiser. We all around like antiques and vintage things. We are in the process of a total redo. We knew it would be a lot of hard work and so far it ringing true, however, we are enjoying it and are excited. We did a total remodel in the home we are currently in and even though it was hard work we are enjoying the fruits of our labor. I want to thank the AS forum as well as the community for being so helpful with answering questions. We look forward to meeting fellow airtreamers on the road!
jtfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:20 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member
2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Fresno , California
Second owner to a '00 CC Diesel. I know I love it as much as the PO but I don't know if I could ever care for it like he did. I wish I could but sadly I'm just not as meticulous. I have never bought a used ANYTHING in such amazing showroom new condition. And the PO kept every piece of paperwork ever...the one good habit I adopted. The PO kept a file with every documented thing done...and even made his own for stuff you wouldn't usually get paperwork for. I had zero worries about the service history on my rig. I just wish the PO had been selling under better circumstances (wife passed). But at least he knows I've loved it all the same and treated it just as well.
Until I owned and AS I never thought I'd care about the next owner besides their check clearing...but now that I'm in upgrade mode again I'll be vetting the next buyer for sure.
LucasS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:09 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
We are on our first AS, the culmination of a twenty year dream. Picked it up on 6/6/15, and have spent one night in it so far. But we have only had it for three days. First real trip will be up to Lacey WA for the Dixieland Jazz fest.

Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:25 AM   #20
Rivet Master
1955 22' Flying Cloud
1964 17' Bambi II
Clear Lake Shores , Texas
Have had several previous RVs but bought first Airstream last year (2014). It was a 1964 Bambi II which I restored and camped in before realizing it was just too small for us. I sold it in January 2015 and two weeks later purchased a 1955 Flyind Cloud. Just finishing my restoration and have camped in it once so far. I think it is the perfect size for a couple.
BambiTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:51 AM   #21
Rivet Master
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
My first Airstream is the one I have now, a 2013 Classic 30, purchased October 12, 2012.
2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:29 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member
1978 31' Sovereign
Cold Lake , Alberta
1978 Sovereign

Hello!This is my first Airstream. I only know the history of the previous owner, but thought that was worth sharing!He purchased the trailer in 1998, and went for a frew trips to "ring it out". In 2001, he took his wife and 4 kids for 6 months on a trip from Saskatchewan all the way to the south of Mexico. He said it was the best and worst decision of his life - Everybody learned a lot and grew together as a family, facing challenges and having fun... But it ended up costing way more than they initially thought it would.The PO was pretty choked to see the trailer go, but his wife insisted that since it hadn't been used for 10 years, it was time to let it go to a new home... Me!
Mikeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:40 AM   #23
Aluminum Condo III
2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Number 3 - and the last?

We started out with a 2003 25' Safari 6 sleeper. Loved the trailer, but not the bathroom, bed or windows.

Moved up to a 2009 28' International CCD. This trailer had more than a few issues, but really enjoyed the trailer.

When we retired in 2013 we went to Arizona for 4 months. The 28 was fine, but a little more room would have been nice. Thus we ended up with a 2015 30' Serenity with recliners. This is by far the nicest Airstream I have ever owned. So spacious, so comfortable, so easy to tow. Interestingly the gas mileage between the 28 and 30 was negligible, except during cross winds.

Is this the last Airstream that I will buy, probably not? As you can see it is every 6 years, so watch out 2021!!
Malcolm & Randy
WBCCI # 12523
kamadeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:51 AM   #24
Rivet Master
1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
I bought a '91 Airstream B190 in 2005. Got married in 2010, and we sold the B190 in 2011 after buying our '95 30' trailer and a truck to tow it with.

But I'm a second generation Airstreamer. My parents started with pop-ups in the 70s, then bought a Terry, then later sold it and got out of camping. A few years later they bought another trailer with the unfortunate name of "Invader" (hey, there's one for free...ours was in better condition when we had it). Then in 1990 or so, they bought their first Airstream, an early 70s 29'. They later sold that and bought a late 70s 31' Airstream, which was damaged in a flood. They now have an '87 34' Airstream.
1995 Airstream Classic 30' Excella 1000
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab with Cummins 6.7L Diesel

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:18 AM   #25
Rivet Master
1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
So far I am still oldest in age and continual use of AS since 1963 and still going strong, hopefully some one can beat my record.
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:10 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member
1957 22' Flying Cloud
1963 28' Ambassador
Gadsden , Alabama
My wife and I bought our first airstream in 2010 it is a 1957 Flying Cloud we use it about 14 to 21 days a year. We also have a 63 Ambassador we are working on. We enjoy the reactions we get from people when we tell them what model the Flying Cloud is.
copycat carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #27
Rivet Slave
2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
First Airstream

We're on our first Airstream, though we're also 2nd generation Airstreamers. Our parents became full timers in a Sovereign that was either 31' or 34' (big, with two axles). Later they moved to an Airstream Land Yacht motor home. Eventually they decided to settle down again, buying a small home in Surprise, AZ, and from that point downsized into an SOB B+ motor home.

We never thought we'd be the RV type. We had always been tent campers, through and through. However, when we inherited their B+ motor home, we decided to give it a whirl. We camped our way home from Phoenix to the Pacific Northwest, fixed it up a bit, and then camped our way into loving the RV experience. We really enjoyed that little motor home, but the floor plan wasn't optimal for us and we found the small space with dark cabinetry a bit claustrophobic.

Thus began our search for a replacement. We started by looking at RV's based on the Sprinter, as well as other B+ motor homes. We even looked at smaller Class A units. They just didn't click for us. So, given our heritage and a desire to maintain only one drive train while camping, we gave Airstream a serious look. That's pretty much all it took. We fell in love with the 27FB floor plan and liked the International Signature trim line the best. So, we sold the B+ on consignment and a month later bought our 2014 International Signature, 27FB. After a year and a half of camping, warranty work for minor (and less minor) annoyances and a few improvements, we've got the trailer right where we want it, except for that next upgrade. It seems there's always "just one more thing" we want to do to improve Rocinante and our camping experience.

Given the time we've spent getting Rocinante tuned and tweaked just the way we want her, we're not considering the idea of trading her in for a new one any time soon. At least not right now...we don't relish the idea of breaking in a new trailer, even if it has ducted air. Maybe in a few years we could find a gently used TT with ducted air (you know, still under warranty, but with most of the bugs worked out). Don't tell Rocinante!
Rocinante is our 2014 International Signature 27FB
(Named for John Steinbeck's camper from "Travels With Charley")

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #28
Rivet Master
1990 25' Excella
Sisters , Oregon
Our first Airstream is the '90 25' Excella that we purchased two years ago, still own - and enjoy immensely. I searched for a year to find the one I wanted: able to be towed with our '06 MB ML 500; large enough to be in for several months at a time and small enough to get into most National and State Parks; vintage or verging on vintage; twin beds in the rear; being sold by an honest solid seller. Bingo!

It had very few road miles as it was used for many years as a covered guesthouse on an estate in Montecito, CA. (picture around here somewhere). Everything in tiptop shape, even the plasticoat (being hopefully preserved withs gobs of Liquid Glass). I assume the axles are original and there is no sign of them drooping at all. The oven looked like it had never been used.

All in all, as a total AS newbie I got very lucky. I think years of buying and selling vintage Porsches may have helped me out a bit. Most of all - evaluate the seller.

We named it Nellie after my first horse, a beloved old gray mare retired from the circus. I've continued to look at for sale ads out of curiosity since we got her and I have never seen anything I like better than 'ol Nellie.

Happy travels,

John & Vicki
WBCCI #4291

Grown men don't need leaders. ~ Edward Abbey
John&Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote