Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2015, 03:54 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Smile Yes I'm a Happy Airstreamer!

Picked up the new 2016 FC (25 RTB) yesterday in Tampa, spent the next 20 hours at Lazydays RV Resort about 8 miles down the road, I wanted to check out all the systems while in the area of Tampa RV in case something was leaking or malfunctioning. It was a miserable rainy day for a walk through but being undercover all went well. The Teck was very thorough, knowledgeable, patient and in no way in a hurry. My Equalizer WD was installed during the walk through on my Ram 1500 with Air Bag Suspension. I was able to confer with the installer during the process as I wanted it done "my way" because this truck with Air Suspension has very specific guidelines for set up (which I learned on this forum). He knew what he was doing, I was impressed! At the CG I tested every system ( forgot the microwave ) & happy to report, not one problem.
This is my 6th RV over a lot of years & cudos to Airstream & Tampa RV, both did all they could to make my initial experience a good one, this morning the tongue jack would not activate, I called their service department, got an almost immediate call back from the Teck, his diagnosis was right on, I had the battery disconnect switch on store, problem solved. There's a lot of negative posts on this forum for various reasons, so I'm happy to post a positive one!
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:01 PM   #2
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Great to hear about your positive experience. Hopefully it will continue for a long time!

Wishing you many happy miles!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:14 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Great news - I am envious!

I notice that you are in Venice. We plan to be in Florida this winter and year ago use to stop with a smaller trailer at the "Royal Coachman" at Nokomis. My recollection is that the while the park was very nice, many of the sites were a bit tight and so I am somewhat reluctant to try it with our larger track and 31' trailer.

I don't think there are many other RV parks in that area. Oscar Scherer State Park would be nice but I think it goes reserved a year in advance!

We will spend a couple of weeks at the Land Yacht Harbor Airstream Park in Melbourne - been there a few times.

Congrats again on a great new trailer. I should treat myself to a new one! I have spent all day today working on our ten year old trailer. A never ending chore if you want to keep it decent! been repainting the Hensley hitch and tongue area of the frame today - next chore is to recaulk the Fantastic Fans!

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:33 PM   #4
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
I'm glad you had a good experience with Tampa RV. Many others haven't. Congrats on your new Airstream! Must feel like a 5yr old on christmas morning!

If you ever have the chance, in the north I recommend Salt Springs Rec Area in Ocala. Great campground.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Thanks Bold, totally position on Tampa RV, although I must say I purchased from RVDirect.com their online no BS site. No problem from day one, they gave me a price for what I wanted. It was delivered as promised as a 2016 not a 2015, the $3k price increase didn't apply & I was 20% under the current almost $83k retail price. I shopped hard & this was a winner!
TAC FL-47
Old 07-23-2015, 10:15 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Happy Camping!
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 10:33 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Good for you, we have a 25 RB as well. Great camper.

Check the tongue jack again, I believe it is wired directly to the batteries independent of the Battery Disconnect. Unless the have changed it on the new models. You can follow the wire from the jack, under the propane tanks, and into the battery compartment directly to a battery post if it's wired like ours.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:29 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I'm a happy Airstreamer, too- as long as I am in my Airstream-
When I'm not, I'm sad, depressed, anxious- severe separation anxiety and withdrawal symptoms begin even before the trip home-
As the days approaching a trip get closer, I get to feeling better.
Yep. We've got aluminitis and it can only be solved with a big silver pill.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 11:44 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2004 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Nokomis , Florida
Hi Joe- I am in the process of looking (thinking) at an AS, FC25FB twin from RV One, to replace my fifth wheel. The 5er is just too big! I live in Nokomis. Glad to hear you are excited about your new toy. Good luck. Ralph
rbowen1063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:31 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowen1063 View Post
Hi Joe- I am in the process of looking (thinking) at an AS, FC25FB twin from RV One, to replace my fifth wheel. The 5er is just too big! I live in Nokomis. Glad to hear you are excited about your new toy. Good luck. Ralph
Hi Ralph,
I strongly suggest that you get an online quote from their web store (RVDirect.com) first before going into the dealership, although the same company their is a world of difference as to price. Once you have an online quote & inform the salesperson the store will match it.
TAC FL-47
Old 07-24-2015, 12:41 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
Good for you, we have a 25 RB as well. Great camper.

Check the tongue jack again, I believe it is wired directly to the batteries independent of the Battery Disconnect. Unless the have changed it on the new models. You can follow the wire from the jack, under the propane tanks, and into the battery compartment directly to a battery post if it's wired like ours.
Doug, I remember that during the walk through the Tech informed me about the "store" switch & how it shuts down EVERYTHING, he also told me that towing with the switch in store will even cause the AS batteries not to charge. However, I will keep an eye on it.
TAC FL-47
Old 07-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post
Great news - I am envious!

I notice that you are in Venice. We plan to be in Florida this winter and year ago use to stop with a smaller trailer at the "Royal Coachman" at Nokomis. My recollection is that the while the park was very nice, many of the sites were a bit tight and so I am somewhat reluctant to try it with our larger track and 31' trailer.

I don't think there are many other RV parks in that area. Oscar Scherer State Park would be nice but I think it goes reserved a year in advance!

We will spend a couple of weeks at the Land Yacht Harbor Airstream Park in Melbourne - been there a few times.

Congrats again on a great new trailer. I should treat myself to a new one! I have spent all day today working on our ten year old trailer. A never ending chore if you want to keep it decent! been repainting the Hensley hitch and tongue area of the frame today - next chore is to recaulk the Fantastic Fans!

Brian.
Actually Brian, there are quite a few RV Parks in the area (google). Here's a tip: Sarasota Sunny South, a Good Sam Park located off SR 41, Tamaimi Trail on Dowd Rd. A gem of a place just 4 miles from Siesta Key. It's clean, friendly & very well run. Call soon as it's small & probably well booked for the coming season.
TAC FL-47