Old 10-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #15
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Just out of curiosity, What to you FB owners do when you end up rear to rear with one of those 5th wheels with the large picture windows in their butt?

Do you:

1. Go and meet them, so you know who you will be dining with?
2. pretend they're not there?
3. Close your curtains?
4. Buy Muppet puppets and entertain them?
5. something else?

Ken

Old 10-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Fremont , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
?? our 27FB has both conv and microwave, the converter is no where near the bedroom, and with the two sliders closed there is a massive bathroom with the shower, hallway, and bathroom all connected into one big space. Someone can shower, use the bathroom mirror, and walk into the bedroom to dress while people are in the dinette area. We pick campsites where it's impossible for someone to back up to the dinette. you literally cannot do that if the dinette is in front.

We've been thinking of changing the dinette area to two recliners, though. Just because there's never more than the two of us inside the trailer. Got company? That's what the awning's for.
I'm on the same page, we love our 27FB to be honest we did not really sit and analyze all the options when shopping. We just looked at various models at two different dealers and when we saw the 27FB International it clicked. For us it was more of the design of the Signature model that did it. I personally had a strong negative reaction to the interior of the Classic.

Our one big change is the same, we're thinking about ditching the dinette and replacing it with two recliners and possibly changing the bed side tables to more vertical storage as we seem to spend about half the year in the A/S.

http://polakoff.com/RamblinRose/
Our travel log
xo1rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #17
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by w7ts View Post

1. Go and meet them, so you know who you will be dining with?
2. pretend they're not there?
3. Close your curtains?
4. Buy Muppet puppets and entertain them?
5. something else?

Ken
5. Open up the back hatch (EB) and ask your neighbors to pass the potatoes & BBQ
Old 10-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDONA View Post
5. Open up the back hatch (EB) and ask your neighbors to pass the potatoes & BBQ
I'm guessing nobody will have a better answer than that.

Ken
Old 10-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #19
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
That scenario just hasn't happened to us. Every place we've stayed, the big rigs were in pull thrus in the middle of the campground, and we got a back-in site on the perimeter.

think of it this way. Our FB and a rear bedroom pull into a completely empty campground. We choose a back in site, open our curtains, and look out at nature.
Or, as happened to us in Taos, we back up to a fence. We still open the curtains, and have a lot of privacy. Not so great a view, except over the top of the fence. Nice mountains.

The rear bedroom/front dinette trailer is going to have a view of the roads no matter what site they pick. Forever. Every campground they go to. They will always be sitting in their dinette looking at the back of their truck. Whether there are other campers there or not. There are no options.

Different strokes for different folks.

We looked at a lot of AS when we were buying. Biggers ones, smaller ones, but the International CCD 27FB was far and away our first choice.

We're glad other people like their read bedroom airstreams. If we ever DO find ourselves backed up to another trailer facing the other way, we hope they are in the other spot...
Old 10-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Fairbanks , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
.................The rear bedroom/front dinette trailer is going to have a view of the roads no matter what site they pick. Forever. Every campground they go to. They will always be sitting in their dinette looking at the back of their truck. Whether there are other campers there or not. There are no options.....

As these discussions always show, it is very much personnel preference but the above can't be denied.

2012 1/2 Eddie Bauer, 2016 Ram Laramie 3500 SWB 4x4 6.7L Cummins 68RFE
crisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #21

Originally Posted by Gringo
.................The rear bedroom/front dinette trailer is going to have a view of the roads no matter what site they pick. Forever. Every campground they go to. They will always be sitting in their dinette looking at the back of their truck. Whether there are other campers there or not. There are no options.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisen View Post
As these discussions always show, it is very much personnel preference but the above can't be denied.
Part of the above can denied. If I sit in our dinette, I look at the TV or the person sitting on the other side of the dinette If I look out the side windows next to side of the dinette, I usually see the curbside of our neighbors RV. If I lean down and look under the table, I see the cats' litter box. If I sit on the couch which is really the front of our trailer, I am looking back at the rest of our trailer.

As I said in post #3, "It's simply a matter of preference"

Some one earlier in this thread said, " I personally had a strong negative reaction to the interior of the Classic." That pretty much sums up how I felt about all modern Airstream interiors, until I saw a Classic.

To each, his own.

Ken
Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #22
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Mod hat on:

Sadly, a few posts had to be removed simply because a couple of the members forgot the Main Rule, as laid out in the Community Rules: "Be nice".

We all have our opinions, and sometimes we might express them in a way that makes others feel attacked. If you have ever been on the receiving end of that, please remember how it felt, and when you yourself are tempted to post a harsh comment, just don't.

Thanks for your help in keeping Airforums a fun place to discuss our favourite trailers!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #23
Buddy and Barbara

2013 30' Classic
Macclenny , Florida
Moderator -- Thank you for the reminder. Different opinions are the spice of life as long as we are polite in our expressions.

To the rest of the particpants in this thread -- Y'all are some serious Airstreamers to put so much thought into where the bedroom should be and I am impressed! There are some really good arguments for both front and rear locations. I honestly never gave it a thought. I was so thrilled when we got our 30' Classic three years ago that it wouldn't have mattered if the bedroom was in the middle! I do like the rear bedroom because it seems more private. As for the view, it's outside, right? That's where I go to enjoy it. P. S. I love the traditional and homey decor of the Classic.
WBCCI #4754
Silver Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
Our rear 28' side bed BR classic has a wonderful window out the back so we look down the hall thru the BR and out the window while watching TV. I like a big sofa to stretch out on. I understand the interest in the FB, but can't figure out how you get comfy watching TV...with the dinette in the way. All Airstreams are wonderful, front/rear/mid BR or whatever. Lots of sizes /styles/color combinations to suit different needs. Variety is the spice of life. I love the classic, it is very warm and cozy. This is our 3rd classic and hopefully final Airstream.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Reading all these posts makes me think of what I noticed when looking at new and used Airstreams. Each layout and trim has something to offer. It is really preference and fit. For me, I originally was set on a 25FB Twin. I was told that all the views are usually in the back and the dinette in the back was better and, that the twin beds offered the best storage access and utility (bedroom as changing room). I was impressed with all the models; however, I did not like the dark cabinet signatures. I also liked the 23C- the one with the L shaped couch, roll out table and square credenza that, I was told, was the least sold model - It seemed efficient to me. I ended up with a similar layout to it, a 25' Safari Twin RB that I really like. If I could change one thing, it would only be to make the living area with a side seat like the 23C. I do not want a dinette and, in my reading found that most people who alter their floor plan get rid of that first. The window thing is also a preference. If I want to see something I open the door and go out. That too is why I did not care when after seeing this used trailer without panos, I did not really care. I would say to get the best buy you can and enjoy your bedroom whether it be in the front or rear. You'll learn to park the thing so you can get in and out of the door too.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
saline , Michigan
We love our rear bedroom on our 28' I want my bedroom dark and as quiet as possible. Most of the time we can back into a site with no one behind us. I think there is more road noise at the front end. Never really cared much about the view in the living area. We go outside for that.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
My SOB was a FB. My AS is a RB. "6 of one, half dozen of the other" on the view vs. particular site layout.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
North/East , New Jersey
Ken..... Here are the best resons to select a front bed trailer:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	012707.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	170136   Click image for larger version