Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2017, 10:37 AM   #21
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
Mine was in storage for about 8 months, I would spend time there setting up for full time. Stuff like new/more towel racks, kitchen stuff, clothes hooks.

After four years of full timing, I had to move out for a week and live in a motel as Lewster set me up with the hybrid solar. Being homeless, stressed me out, what to pack, empty the refer and live out of an ice chest. Or the threat from the fires in Oregon this summer that stressed us both out.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:47 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
We live in our trailers 6+ months per year. When we get back to our sticks and bricks house I usually only go in the trailer to clean, maintain, or repair.
But, occasionally I just go set in it to ponder.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
1973 31' Sovereign
Mt Angel , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvgofaz View Post
When your AS is sitting in the driveway, or wherever you park it between trips, do you just go out and sit in it?
Yes.

Gotta check if she's dry inside and what the battery voltage is. Oh, yeah, the atlases and my trip journal are in this cabinet over the dinette--my that was a nice campsite and why didn't I figure my gas mileage last trip? I turn on the radio and start skimming thru. . . . . zzzzzzzzzz!

Dang, fell asleep again!!

That reminds me, haven't checked if she's dry inside and what the battery voltage is today! C. U.

"To err is human, to air is devine."
Burnside Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:37 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by A W Warn View Post
We live in our trailers 6+ months per year. When we get back to our sticks and bricks house I usually only go in the trailer to clean, maintain, or repair.
But, occasionally I just go set in it to ponder.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

"What are you pondering, Brain?"

"How to take over the world!!!"

"Narf!"

Cue the theme music from the Animaniac's "Pinky and the Brain" cartoon...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:29 PM   #25
Stay CazuaL

2018 25' Flying Cloud
2014 19' Flying Cloud
Reseda , California
No crazy at all. Mine is parked in the driveway.

My wife and kids sometimes chill in it along with our pets.
*Virtual campfire at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Airs...dictsforAdults
cazual6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Box Elder (formerly Long Island, NY) , South Dakota
I'm fortunate that I can park my 40' Super-C in my back yard. I too like to sit in it and relax from time to time. Although I don't have a 50A electrical service available, I am able to access my home's septic system and can safely dump my tanks.
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:20 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2008 19' Bambi
2012 23' Flying Cloud
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Bandera , Texas
Parked at the end of a really long drive, see it whenever we leave or come home. Usually not in when not traveling except to clean or fix stuff.
banderabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:00 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
FREDERICK , Maryland
Mine is 100' from my house. I do go out and tinker from time to time. When the grandkids get too loud, I go out and watch a little TV in peace. Amazing OTA digital channels, been tempted to run temporary CATV out there. I plug it in about every other weekend to keep the batteries topped off, and usually sit in it for a while. About the only time I don't is when it is snow covered and can't get in.
Doc Foster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:33 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

1980 24' Caravelle
vallejo , California
mine sits 20 ft from my door. if my wife says go to your room, i have a tv,fridge,heater, ac. it's also my radio room[ham operator]. what more could i ask for?
ke6gkv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:40 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2016 23' International
1991 29' Excella
Chesapeake , Virginia
Thanks Bob!!!
Is tiny pic on the drop down manager on this site?
Or do you downsize it before loading to air forums?
I like using my airstream in the driveway
for an evening of just something different.
I camp on weekends,so I can just have a brew and make my list of things for the upcoming adventure.
It’s like relaxing in a piece of art.
I like it!
Tom
Muriel 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:26 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
salem , West Virginia
We used to keep Betty parked in the driveway, my wife, dog, and I would frequently go out to hang in the driveway, choose to watch a dvd out there etc, despite having much less room and a smaller screen and no surround sound system it was much more enjoyable.

One of these times sitting in the driveway to escape it dawned on us, why do we need a house if we’d rather be in here all the time.

We have been full time for a little over 2 years with no regrets. Although Betty has moved on to another home Bessie has been great.

No more Separation anxiety. It’s awesome.

For those of you with a bad case keep in mind there is a cure.

There is just something magic about being in an airstream. Every one I’ve been inside has that feeling you can’t get anywhere else (even the rotted out ones we passed on when shopping)
Jeremiwvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:42 AM   #32

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I, too, am guilty of this unusual behavior. Our sweet Lucy is parked out in the alley behind our house. We are in and out of her every day. She remains plugged-in, and always has air conditioning or heat available. She is even decorated for Christmas. We are fortunate, indeed, to have Lucy right out the back door.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:55 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
salem , West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDONA View Post
Mine was in storage for about 8 months, I would spend time there setting up for full time. Stuff like new/more towel racks, kitchen stuff, clothes hooks.

After four years of full timing, I had to move out for a week and live in a motel as Lewster set me up with the hybrid solar. Being homeless, stressed me out, what to pack, empty the refer and live out of an ice chest. Or the threat from the fires in Oregon this summer that stressed us both out.

Ditto on this after living full time it’s hard to go live like “normal” even for short trips.

Moved out for a week for new furnace install and other odds and ends that were hard/impossible to do while living inside. It was refreshing to pick it up and feel home even though we had a 4 hour drive ahead.

Weekend trips away from Bessie are even hard, we always forget stuff. Much better just to take the house and all your stuff with it.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2005 34' Classic
tucson , Arizona
We come home from a trip and it feels odd to be in a 'real' house. Leaving the AS always feels like waking from a good dream that ended too soon.
And then we look around and wonder why in the world we need some much room?! Maybe we need to sell the house and get some pretty property with power/septic/water.
dvgofaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:27 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
salem , West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvgofaz View Post
We come home from a trip and it feels odd to be in a 'real' house. Leaving the AS always feels like waking from a good dream that ended too soon.
And then we look around and wonder why in the world we need some much room?! Maybe we need to sell the house and get some pretty property with power/septic/water.

Seriously do it, my wife is a travel nurse and I’m in sales that I can do from anywhere but when we “settle down” likely the next step will be to set up a permanent airstream parking place with land, hookups, and probably a multi purpose room w laundry, extra bathroom, and fold out couch for guests, maybe a screened in porch.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:45 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
The FaN has been my driveway woman cave since purchase. A place to write, read, and I usually sleep there too. Also makes a great emergency kitchen when the power is out.

I am lucky.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:54 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Saratoga , California
Trailer is park in our courtyard. It has 30 amps, fresh water, and waste hookup. Some time I do spend the night if I have a flu or just don't feel like using my CPAP.

Our very young grand kids do enjoy hanging out in the trailer just for fun.

The trailer is an extension of our house..
Journey'81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:29 AM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Bluffton , South Carolina
Before we moved, ours was at home (under its custom carport &#128580 and we used to go out often with our glass of wine and sit in it...maybe watch the national news...Alas..now we have it at a storage facility about 10 min away. Love our new home...the only drawback is, there’s no room for “the Bean” . 😔
Mtnlvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:49 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Blue Sky Ranch , Texas
Thought I was in a minority until I read this. Our 22 Sport resides inside the big tractor barn in front of the barndominium guest house and my ham radio desk. I can look at her all day. Makes doing AS mods and loading and unloading in bad weather a snap. Here is a security camera screen grab of Baby Doe’s winter dock complete with my wife’s plants that stay in for the winter. Glad to know I’m not alone enjoying the AS even when we aren’t on the road.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8C8C375C-DE4E-4F8B-AEBF-7C2856D7B87B.png
Views:	83
Size:	398.9 KB
ID:	300446
Msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:29 AM   #40
papagei

2015 27' FB International
Winchester Center , Connecticut
If you're goofy, then we are, too! We have our AS right next to the house and we love going out there (when it isn't terribly cold) and enjoying the evening or sometimes an afternoon nap. Our dog loves to come as well. He loves to camp and enjoys hanging in the AS.
doodledog is offline   Reply With Quote