Old 12-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #15
Tom T

Vintage Kin Owner
Orange , California
Back on topic - RV Lifestyles Subscriptions....

Ok, so what I'm trying to figure out here is:

1.) Whether there is a wider problem with RV Lifestyles getting their issues out to subscribers?

2.) If so, is this only to USA subscribers, or also to Canadians?

3.) Or alternatively, do only I have a delivery problem between either the Canadian &/or USPS Post?

Back in May/June I'd contacted their then new subscriptions customer service person, who mailed the back issues missing to that point & changed my subscription # & a "free" 1 yr. extension for the hassles.

That was good, but I've received nothing else since then, and she doesn't answer the emails now, and someone else in their accounting dept. sent an email that didn't say whether they've sent me anything & to call their 800 # if any questions - which they don't answer & their mailboxes are all full.

So I'm trying to figure out if I've got the delivery problem on my end (although all my other dozen or so subscriptions seem to get here),

.... or if they're just not a going concern & close to shuttering??

Any other RV Lifestyles Magazine subscribers out there with similar non-delivery problems??

1960 Avion T20, #2 made, Hensley Cub, TV tbd- looking for 08-14 Cayenne S
1988 VW Vanagon Westfalia CamperGL (Orig Owner)
Tom_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:01 PM   #16
Tom T

Vintage Kin Owner
Orange , California
Well after 2+ years of getting ZERO magazines & another 2+/- years before that of having to ask to have them mailed to get anything.....

RV Lifestyle had the nerve to send me not 1 but 2 renewal requests - one for the original subscription account & the other for the account which their sales/subscription manager set up to supposedly solve the problem & give me a year of trouble free subscription gratis - which netting ONE issue sent - by special envelope, never in the regular subscription.

They did manage to mail out one issue a couple of months ago out of the blue, I suspect to set the stage for the renewal.

RV Lifestyle - if you read this stuff, send me a year trouble free - EVERY issue in the mail & on time WITHOUT my having to call or email to get one sent out special - then maybe I'd consider re-subscribing!! ....& answer your dang phones or call back on messages left!

But why!? ...I can read Andy's "Hitch Hints" for free online, even if a bit late, but still before I'd get your stupid magazine!

OK - I'm done venting at those idiots!
Tom
///////

Old 08-12-2015, 05:24 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Never heard of them. Are you sure they are for real or still in business?

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:43 PM   #18
Tom T

Vintage Kin Owner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Never heard of them. Are you sure they are for real or still in business?
Yes they are, but with that type of crappy customer service & lack of subscription mailings - probably not for long!

Hitch Hints - RV Lifestyle Magazine

Their magazine is basically similar to our USA's Trailer Life by Good Sam, but they have a regular article every issue by hitch & towing & smaller TV guru CanAm's Andy Thompson from Ontario CAN (see at link above).

Cheers!
Tom
///////
Old 08-12-2015, 05:56 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2003 30' Classic
Centerville , Ohio
Someone asked if Andy had ties to the magazine. I have known Andy for close to 20 years. I am not aware of any relationship other than writing the articles. Whether you agree with Andy or not, his articles are well worth reading and absorbing.
Centerville, OH
philipsinewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 06:08 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Oakville , Ontario
I noticed that "Hitch Hints" has disapeared in the most recent copy I picked up from the show. I sort of imagined that the offices were ransacked by a bunch of pick up towing enthusiasts. However theres' a great article on "Minivan Towing" in the most recent Airstream Life.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:28 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I see it is a Canadian mag. That might explain why I have never heard of it. While I might not agree with all that Andy does and says I enjoy reading his articles. Always seem to learn something new.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:32 PM   #22
Tom T

Vintage Kin Owner
Orange , California
I obviously agree with the others above about the value of Andy's articles, & know that he's not part of the magazine. His Hitch Hints was the only reason why I subscribed to them, but they just don't seem to stay in business.

I knew that we were going to use a "smaller than a truck" TV from the start, so I started researching towing with TV-capable cars & smaller suvs/trucks back in 2011-12 when my wife started looking for "her cute little trailer" (I just get it there & back & keep it up! ), & came across Andy's articles.

Maybe I'll contact Good Sam/Trailer Life to see if they'll pick up his articles, since the Canucks have apparently given them the boot!

For us as vintage kin owners, AS Life is too focused on new rigs, so we'll stick with our Vintage Trailer magazine, which went full glossy last year & has developed into an excellent magazine focusing on the older AS & others out there, which is our interest too.

Cheers!
Tom
///////