Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle

Old 10-04-2015, 08:28 AM   #57
1 Rivet Member
2016 16' Sport
oriental , North Carolina
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Sorry for your bad experience. Map out a drive to Colonial in NJ or the factory in Jackson Center, OH. You shouldn't have to do a ton of repairs but go to either place with a full punch list and have it done right. I live in New England and have been to both - totally worth it to me. Good luck.
SteveSueMac, Thanks for the info. Daughter lives in Jersey about an hr. from there.

CPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:59 PM   #58
2 Rivet Member
1989 32' Excella
Sharon Springs , New York
I hope your AS experiences improve, if nothing else there are a lot of folks on this site that will try to help you. I've owned 5 SOB RVs and this site is probably the best brand specific one you will find. I think its nice to know that your not "alone" out there and you have a bunch of new friends nationwide (and Canada) plus overseas. My wife and I looked at new ASs at the Hershey, PA RV show this Summer before we bought our new-to-us AS and weren't real impressed for the price they were asking of any of the AS models. Insofar as QC, we have owned Thor Industries TTs(not AS) and still have issues with that company and that was one of the reasons we bought an 80s vintage pre-Thor Industries AS. Not to say that the QC in our unit is much better when it comes to repairs, but we won't feel so bad in the pocketbook and we can pick the quality of the items we replace. Anyway, good luck and don't be shy about asking for help, this site is surely helping us with our unit...
James and Rebecca

Easyrider06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:01 AM   #59
3 Rivet Member
1958 22' Caravanner
not shared , Nebraska
We shipped our 31 footer to Germany in 1975 and lived off base in the small town of Bickendorf. Landlord wanted his house back so had to move . Airstream was in a "camping platz " near Luxembourg. It was winter. Eventually found home in Sulm, but that was not until April. Furnace quit and had to diagnose . Sail switch failed so had to construct a new one. Furnace then worked. Fond memories of changing one of the two propane bottles daily. Made it through- wife, 4 year old child and 5 cats-fond memories. House in Sulm was well worth the wait. Assigned to Turkey in 1981 so sent wife and Anastasia back to Sulm for a visit. It was Sulm's !,000th birthday. Bergermeister made them guests of honor. My Airstream made it all possible. TG
BigButtUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:05 AM   #60
Rivet Master
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
450 miles of bad road-
Badump, badump, badump all day till my neck is stiff!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:22 AM   #61
3 Rivet Member
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
egg harbor city , South Jersey
I haven't read past 4th page, so forgive me if this already happened. Driving north on 301, through Fort A.P.Hill, darker than Booth's grave, my headlights failed, off, no light. I, trying to stay between the trees, fusking with the light switch, had light intermediate. Enough to pass a Police car with a perpetrator stopped. Cursing for the lights to stay until later. I made it to near, past, Garrett's farm, and found a pull off with street lights. My light switch was bad and toasted the wire connections. I had to MacGyver, under the dash and dog house, to get lights. I made it home, with a few less lives under my belt. My mistake, the light thing had happened before and I did not investigate the problem.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote