Old 09-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2015 30' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
what to buy?

OK So I am a newbie/wannabe. I am going to buy me 1st trailer and I have nothing. Hoses,sewage pipe,nothing. What do I buy and from where. The dealer,internet,etc. I am looking at ordering a new 31 footer. YES brand new. I keep everything forever and since it is new I will know everything done or not done to it. We plan to be a fulltimer in it also. I am custom building a Freightliner M2/106 with a service body on it to pull it with and It will have a airhitch also. Just to let you know. So what do you seasoned people say or is there a book with this info in it.

beetlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1973 27' Overlander
Portsmouth , Virginia
I'd say with that type of budget, why dont you just let the dealer equip it for you? They should have a good percentage of the accessories like hoses and such to get you going.

Ongoing adventures at:
aquinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master
2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina

Any chance that you can make a day trip up to Wateree SP this coming weekend, saturday? we have a forum rally with about 20+ units attending. Great chance to kick some tires and chat.

Several members from the Low Country will be attending.

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Carslile Actuator, Equal-i-zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
If you're using a Freightliner to tow it, would that be your daily driver as well?

dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member
2015 30' Classic
Can not make it up this weekend. Remolding S&B to sell. Yes the Freightliner will be my daily drive. Same wheel base as a 4 door F350 but will last 1 million miles and has things that a regular pickup does not have.Plus about the same if not better fuel milage. Last nice to have money. I put in the hours and saved to get to this point. What I am asking is what do I need not how much m oney I have
Old 09-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Round Rock , Texas
Bob, if you add the Air Hitch, I think you'll settle the transition of chassis shock to the AS or anything else you tow.

If this is what your dream is.... go for it... The repair facilities may be further apart than Ford, Chrysler or Chevy...

Post some pics so we can drool test for corrosion.
Peace and Blessings..
WBCCI# 30676
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
Nellysford , Virginia
We've found a couple of things have made life easier: SewerSolution with extra 10-foot hose is much nicer than the "Stinky Slinky" [;]Plan 9 (SS01) V-Model Sewer Solution : : Automotive small Senco or similar compressor for inflation needs; nice white fresh water hose, 25 feet is usually enough; in-line water filter; Tire Pressure Monitor System [TPMS], lots of folks like the Pressure Pro brand, we have Doran; 12v Endless Breeze fan; X-cross between the wheel chocks; LED strap on headlamp for night work. Our regular sources are Out of Doors Mart [], Amazon, and Camping World.
Greg and Linda Heuer
'99 Excella 30 w/HAHA - The Silver Otter
'08 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6 DuraMax
TAC VA-18 | WBCCI 1927 - Unit 149 | AIR 53869
Silver Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member
2015 30' Classic
Thanks Silver Otter