Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2019, 03:37 PM   #41

Medina , Ohio
We love it!

We love the natural light inside! The wrap-around windows at the ends and the oval windows make for a wonderful sense of openness in what would otherwise be a relatively small space. It is so amazing how efficiently the space is utilized and so easy it live in. Our AS always gets compliments wherever we go!
Rnethert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:40 PM   #42
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
There's lots to love about an Airstream....
  • Great towing!
  • Community - Airstreams are fun and curious folks. I've met a lot of cool people as a result of Airstream ownership.
  • Best guest room ever! We use it for overflow company at holidays.
  • Well behaved when services are lacking - great for boondocking
  • It just feels good inside - curves and light = good combination
  • The sight of the Airstream sitting in the drive inspires new adventures... sort of like a good friend who shows up unexpectedly and says "hey... let's go someplace new this weekend" . That little prodding to explore is priceless.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:41 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Warrenton , Virginia
what I love

I have a 76 Argosy 28' it was made the year I graduated from High School, it was made the year our country turned 200 years old, it survived to wait till I could afford it, it stayed just good enough to be rebuilt to be used for many years by a fellow that never thought he could afford one.
I like the way it sounds inside when it rains...I like that it's made of real substances not camel poop and glitter like other trailers.
I like climbing into my bed at night knowing there's going to be no "spoonge" left from a previous occupant that I'm going to be facing in the middle of the night.

I like when I lock the door and turn out the lights I feel safe....like it's going to take Freddie Kruger with a giant can opener to get at me.
I like making coffee in the morning and talking with my wife about how nice this is.....

I like that it's not perfect....just like me.
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:53 PM   #44
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkirk View Post
I have a 76 Argosy 28' it was made the year I graduated from High School, it was made the year our country turned 200 years old, it survived to wait till I could afford it, it stayed just good enough to be rebuilt to be used for many years by a fellow that never thought he could afford one.
I like the way it sounds inside when it rains...I like that it's made of real substances not camel poop and glitter like other trailers.
I like climbing into my bed at night knowing there's going to be no "spoonge" left from a previous occupant that I'm going to be facing in the middle of the night.

I like when I lock the door and turn out the lights I feel safe....like it's going to take Freddie Kruger with a giant can opener to get at me.
I like making coffee in the morning and talking with my wife about how nice this is.....

I like that it's not perfect....just like me.

That is beautiful!
Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:13 AM   #45
3 Rivet Member

2004 31' Classic
Rock Hill , South Carolina
I've said it before but the main thing I love about my Airstream is:

I've never, ever had RV envy....going down the road, parked in a campground surrounded by other RV's or pulling into a Harvest Host or fueling it. Never, ever.

Additionally, our now 15 yo Classic is so interior and exterior customized, it's definitely my style and one-of-a-kind.
rastapoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:40 AM   #46
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Keene , New Hampshire
Thumbs up In love with our AS

We have been full-timing now for 5 years in our 25' FB Flying Cloud and we keep falling in love with our AS. The panoramic windows are probably our favorite feature, along with the sleek and iconic profile. We lived in it for 2 years and figured out what we needed in order to have her work best for us.
1. Switched out beds for Tempurpedic mattresses.
2. Had AS add a porthole window in the bathroom. More light is awesome. Removed side bench in galley, cut down table, installed Lambright recliner on curbside.
3. Researched options and booked more complex renovations with Ultimate Airstream. in Oregon. They removed the long couch which we didn't really use, replacing with a 72" new couch (still converts to a single bed) and new firmer cushions, added a "couldn't-live-without-it" deep cabinet for computers, files, desk and office things. Plus, they match the materials so it looks completely original.
4. Had AS remove the old cooktop and under-counter convection oven for an amazing gas oven cooktop that is flush with the countertop. Changed out faucets in galley and bath.

We love the instant community when meeting other AS owners on the road. As I write this, we are in Gros Ventre Campground in Kelly, Wyoming where there is a steady stream of AS pulling in and out. We counted 15 just last night and every evening walk brings a new set of conversations with other folks traveling (or living) in their beautiful shiny house on wheels.

There's lots to love!

Peter
phowe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:23 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Canyon Country , California
ahhhh no RV, or TT envy!

2019 Flying Cloud 19CBB
Halford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:36 PM   #48

2018 27' Globetrotter
Bobcaygeon , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halford1 View Post
I fell in love with one when I was on a month-long family trip to the West in a popup. I was like 11 years old at that time. My dream came true last May when I bought an 2017 AS Bambi which is one of few that could be safely towed with my Explorer with tow package. Why wait a few years when I can buy a small AS! This is a starter AS and when I buy an Expedition, I will buy a bigger AS. I love it when I see here that most of AS owners are smart and experienced in towing with appropriate tow vehicle.
Well....We tow our Globetrotter 27fb with an Explorer. Set up by Can-am, it does a great job.
We agree with so many of the comments, but love the glance back as we walk away, and that our Dog, can come with us on our travels.
Rodney2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:53 PM   #49
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Easton , PA
I agree with all of the posts in this thread - the iconic look, durability, features, history, and the scarcity in which you see them (except at rallies, of course). In just one season with our AS, we've had more people come up to us complimenting it or asking questions about it, then in the past 5 seasons combined with our previous SOB. Best comment was last month while pulling into a state park -- we heard some campers sitting around their site say "Now thats a camper".
Old 09-12-2019, 01:08 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2015 28' International
Ofallon , Missouri
I love that when we are traveling it always feels like we are home.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:31 PM   #51
Rivet Master

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Westerly , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsgolf View Post
I love that when we are traveling it always feels like we are home.
That's why we named out trailer "Homie".
smithcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:30 PM   #52
Jim J

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
My Favorite things

1. Its low. That makes it handle better and I get better fuel mileage than if I had a fifth wheel. I can also clear many low underpasses that my fifth wheel friends cannot. And I do not have to go up as many steps to get inside.

2. It is durable. So it depreciates more slowly than many other RV's

3. Even the base models have premium features. Like built in water filters, pressure regulators, heated tank compartments, LED lighting, DVD players, Wall thermostat controls for heating and AC, Dump station lights closet lights, fantastic fans, bathroom vent fans curved cabinet doors, room dividers....

4. THis forum where you can get valuable information.
Jim J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 03:39 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Very heavy rain this weekend.

Being a fresh-air freak, I've always loved the fact I can leave the windows fully open and not one drop of rain gets in.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:21 PM   #54
1 Rivet Member

2020 22' Bambi
Bath , North Carolina
My wife and I just purchased our first TT 3 weeks ago, a beautiful new 2020 22” Bambi. We have gone on one weekend trip so far just to get the hang of it. So what do I love (from a newbies perspective)....
I love the solar panel on the roof that keeps my batteries charged, I love the way it rides behind my truck, me being a space geek I love the fact that the Apollo 11 astronauts stayed in one right after they returned to earth, I love its clean and shiny look and my wife just just loves everything about it, I love the fact that it is so unique especially in eastern NC, I love the community that comes with an Airstream. Finally, I love the fact that our camping adventure that will take us to so many beautiful places is just beginning!