2016 26' Flying Cloud
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
Nature , I Hope.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:43 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Sunset Beach , California
A small appeal

OK, so here I am listening to Three Dog Night, David Bowie, Santana, and a bunch of classic rock when a commercial comes on and I switch to station changing mode and discover that two stations in Los Angeles are already playing 24/7 no DJ Christmas music!

Now don't get me wrong, I Love Christmas music, but AFTER Thanksgiving. Call me old-fashion, but for me the Holiday season begins with Halloween and ends with New Years and I like to give each holiday it's due (OK, Halloween really isn't a holiday).

I realize that the economy is in the tank and the commercial powers that be want to do everything in their power to boost the economy or at least their sales, but can't we hold off on the Christmas music until after our minds are befuddled by turkey?

Happy Airstreaming everyone!
GinMame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:00 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
I made up a portable XMRadio system that I run through a battery powered amplifier...

So we change our 'tunes' all the time; maybe a Country-Western 'night' when camping in the boonies...

Many times we'll have Jimmy Buffett's Margarita channel wailing away when we have 'Rum Punch' party night - or maybe some Tequila on the side...

We'll even dial in some of the 'oldies' when it suits the mood for us oldsters...seems we know way too many lyrics of those old rock-n-roll tunes...

XMradio has one channel called 'The Blend' that plays contemporary hits that we'll dial up sometimes too...

That's the fun part of Sat Radio, with so many options...then we also have an iPod loaded with some Beatles, Eagles, Stones, Santana, G/Dead, Buffett, Willie Nelson, etc., etc...to toss around when the mood strikes...

Way to many options out there, and the Sat Radio offers just about anything you could want in the way of all categories of tunes, without hauling around CD's. Also, their comedy, news, sports, talk channels, etc., can keep you informed when you're out in the boonies...
Old 11-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Sunset Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexray View Post
I made up a portable XMRadio system that I run through a battery powered amplifier...

So we change our 'tunes' all the time; maybe a Country-Western 'night' when camping in the boonies...

Many times we'll have Jimmy Buffett's Margarita channel wailing away when we have 'Rum Punch' party night - or maybe some Tequila on the side...

We'll even dial in some of the 'oldies' when it suits the mood for us oldsters...seems we know way too many lyrics of those old rock-n-roll tunes...

XMradio has one channel called 'The Blend' that plays contemporary hits that we'll dial up sometimes too...

That's the fun part of Sat Radio, with so many options...then we also have an iPod loaded with some Beatles, Eagles, Stones, Santana, G/Dead, Buffett, Willie Nelson, etc., etc...to toss around when the mood strikes...

Way to many options out there, and the Sat Radio offers just about anything you could want in the way of all categories of tunes, without hauling around CD's. Also, their comedy, news, sports, talk channels, etc., can keep you informed when you're out in the boonies...
That is a great idea. I've been thinking about XM for a while now, but have relied on mixing playlists in iTunes and uploading them to my iPod for use at various times and occasions. Maybe now is a good time to get off the fence and see what it would take.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Rion
GinMame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Northwestern Ontario , - on the backside of the map and just above the big green spot
What we MISS after retiring the pop-up in favour of the Airstream is the sense that you are immersed and part of the sounds of a natural environment ........ amazing what an inch of insulation cuts out ..... so what do we listen to now? - well - we don't - the windows and door are open as much and as often as they can be so we can feel as much of the outdoors as is possible.

Jay

"I'm not young enough to know everything ....."
(Oscar Wilde)
RangerJay is offline   Reply With Quote