Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

We bought the 16' Sport Bambi this weekend! We pick it up in mid May!

Name:   ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1430145734.150115.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  98.3 KB
Wisdom please..... Give any advice ... We are very excited and want to shop for everything from coffee makers to BBQ grills and outdoor matts to comfy chairs.
THANKS
Big Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Congratulations on your new Airstream. The only advise I would give you is for items in the trailer, don't buy anything that you don't have space to haul, or cannot take back should you find it is too large to store in the trailer.

I give this advise not because of my Airstreaming experience because we've always had bigger trailers, but because of my experience as an owner of a 17' Casita which is about the same size.

Good luck, and I know you are going to enjoy it.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:18 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
Exciting and fun! Congratulations.

I say start out slow. I started with some of the very basics, and some extra items from my home kitchen. Then on my first short weekend "trial" trips I would make a list of things I wish I had, adding them slowly. Even then I bought too much stuff. Now each spring I go through and remove things I have never used.

And there are lots of ideas on the Forums. Search for "packing list" and several threads come up.

Keep it simple, and have fun!

Stan
Salt Lake City
spenfolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:41 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Congrats! There are hundreds of threads here telling you the myriad of ways we can all realize our dreams by having you spend your money on stuff while we get the thrill from your new purchases (and no hit to our bank accounts) 😃

Oh - and everyone's opinion is right and dearly held so despite the conflict you'll see between French press v Keurig or Andersen levelers v Lego blocks or Lafuma v Zip Dee chairs (to say nothing of hitches and tires!) you'll quickly see everyone is absolutely right about their choices 😃

Good luck and ENJOY THE CAMPING!!!! Awesome trailer you have there!!!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:15 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2024 23' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Less is more. Having said that, we have found that having an " AstroTurf " type of doormat outside really cuts down on the tracked in dirt. Camping World usually has them in different colors and patterns.

Cannonball, Deep in the Heart of Texas!

WBCCI #4387, Air #84080

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:08 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Yes, I would advise to buy minimally till you get the BAMBI. I speak from experience, as I have a garage full of equipment, much of which I'll probably not use. It seems we have a tendency to 'remember more space than actually exists'! I bought a 2015 Bambino 16' a week ago, with Golden interior. I wanted a splash of color, so I ordered bed comforters, one in red/gold, one in blue. My kitchen is outfitted in red cook set, melamine dishes, Kuerig, flatware, disposable plates, flatware, paper towels, napkins. I enjoy a nice wine on occasion, so, will take extra care and pack set of 4 Waterford crystal wine glasses. I may bring a blender to make margarita or yogurt fruit smoothy.
I have 2 resin folding tables, folding aluminum table, Coleman propane grill for outdoor cooking, little red campfire (propane) all from Campworld.
My goal is: pack all basics in BAMBI, so I'll only need to pack clothing & toiletry bag, fresh food and bottled water cases, and hit the road. I freeze water bottles, place in fridge, and in cooler in SUV, for cold food.
Also, led battery operated lantern x 2, small flash lites. Marine air horn, bear mace, taser, 'age/size equalizer'...all for personal security. Barking dog also helps to alert 2-4 leg intrusion. Large battery power packs, fully charged from home, capable of charging your vehicle if needed, power to items you may need to charge, small propane bottles for lil red campfire and grill.
Cleaning materials, cloths. I'll bring a swifter type wet floor cleaner, a dyson stick vacuum. Outdoor woven mat, large, for patio space. Indoor floor mat. Nonslip shower mat cut to fit, absorbent shower mat, towels, shore supplies. Dog bed for dog, and hope they'll use it! iPad, iPhone, iPod, point/shoot dig camera, dig SLR camera, all charge and use cords, accessories, batteries all sizes needed for battery items.
ABSOLUTE NECESSITY: complete first aid kit, including burn, insect bite, sunburn creams. Benadryl cream and tablets. OTC meds, antacid liquid, tabs. Ace wraps, for ankle, knee, wrist, etc. PERSONAL PRESCRIPTION MEDS.... More than you think you'll need. Trip may be extended beyon your control!
HAPPY TRAILS, YA'LL!!
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:47 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Thanks everybody. Camping is not new to us , we have a pop up but this type of trailer is totally new. We are excited to start our first trip. I thought a decent screen house would extend our living area since the trailer is so small. But I want a screen house that can tuck in quickly and not be so heavy to haul. My Rav 4 isn't so big to but it in either. Shout out to Colorado lady for the packing ideas. There are some good items in there I like! Thanks
Big Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:48 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Traverse City , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Congrats! There are hundreds of threads here telling you the myriad of ways we can all realize our dreams by having you spend your money on stuff while we get the thrill from your new purchases (and no hit to our bank accounts) 😃

Oh - and everyone's opinion is right and dearly held so despite the conflict you'll see between French press v Keurig or Andersen levelers v Lego blocks or Lafuma v Zip Dee chairs (to say nothing of hitches and tires!) you'll quickly see everyone is absolutely right about their choices 😃

Good luck and ENJOY THE CAMPING!!!! Awesome trailer you have there!!!

Perfect description of the forum! Which reminds me, I've GOT to stop getting sucked into the TV battles!

WBCCI #7246 Michigan Unit,Texas Hill Country Unit (associate member), AIR #91367
Old 04-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Big Air, congratulations on your Bambi! I hoped some of my lengthy list would spark some ideas of your own. Of course, you'll NEED:
Fresh water marine hose / white, 1-2. Regular heavy duty green or black hose to flush waste tank. Sewer waste hose 4"x 15' + extension 4"x 10'. Rubber gloves, disposable, to do 'that nasty task'. Waste tube canister (underneath) will hold 1 tube, the other 1 and elbow connector will need to have an enclosed container to carry them. Waste tank chemical to breakdown #^+¥£, and control odor. 1 ply T.P., made for this purpose, dissolves easier. Wheel chocks x 4 + 1 for tongue wheel, also, pads for beneath tongue jack and stabilizer jacks x 4. Wheel lock, to avoid someone from taking off with your new baby, when you're away. I use power drill 18 volt, to deploy my stab jacks. A good tool kit, include a saw and heavy duty scissors, hammer.You just never know when you may need. When making your own list, try to think like a 'boy scout', just don't let it get carried away, which is easy to do. My personal philosophy, best to have and not need than to need and wish I'd brought it. As you travel, you'll see if you missed things or can leave some behind next time. If you plan to boondock, you may need a few extra power, water , propane, lighting, battery type items. Don't forget cases of bottled water for drinking...a case of ¥€%#? Will ruin a trip real quick. I won't take chances. Oh yeah, add lomotil/ Imodium, as well as stool softener to med bag! It can save you...trust me on that one! LOL! Enjoy your journeys! HAPPY TRAILS,YA'LL!
Old 04-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Two more important items that I forgot to include:
Water pressure regulator. (Many areas have aggressive water pressure that need control to avoid water problems)!
Electric. Surge protector. ( a good one...pricey, but, well worth it to avoid frying your electronics in AS)! HTY!
Old 04-28-2015, 02:47 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2010 20' Flying Cloud
Hailey , Idaho
how about a dedicated, good-quality notebook and pens that stay in the AS to not only document maintenance activities and mileages driven, but also to keep track of the various trip dates, nice campers met, and good/bad camp sites/road segments. Safe travels! jon
B00merang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:46 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Astoria , Oregon
We bought the 16' Sport Bambi this weekend! We pick it up in mid May!

Congrats! Memorable times to come!

I recommend looking into purchasing a Weber Q barbecuer.

~Practice Random Kindness and Senseless Acts of Beauty~
KathyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:53 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Sierra Vista , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
Two more important items that I forgot to include:
Water pressure regulator. (Many areas have aggressive water pressure that need control to avoid water problems)!
Electric. Surge protector. ( a good one...pricey, but, well worth it to avoid frying your electronics in AS)! HTY!
They come with the water pressure regulator installed as standard equipment.
jt1911man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:21 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Congratulations. We picked up our 2015 Bambi 16 on Friday and camped over the weekend. Colorado Lady has some great ideas -- take a look at some of her other threads.

We originally were buying a T@B and most everything we bought for it works well with the Bambi, so were fortunate. Some items we got which we really like are:

Amazon.com: Heavy Duty Anti-Theft Tire Wheel Clamp Lock Truck Car Automotive: Automotive

Amazon.com : Plastair Marine / RV SpringHose PUWE625B9-M-3-AMZ 25-foot 3/8-inch Drinking Safe Water Hose, Blue : Garden Hoses : Patio, Lawn & Garden

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have fun!
remphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:47 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2024 23' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
The factory water pressure regulator will protect the Airstream plumbing from the inlet into the trailer. However, from the hose bib to the trailer connection you will be unprotected. We regularly camp at an RV park with 85+ pounds of pressure. We use a pressure regulator between the hose bib and the actual hose to protect the hose itself.

Cannonball, Deep in the Heart of Texas!

WBCCI #4387, Air #84080

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
16' sport