Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
1968 22' Safari
Eaton Rapids , Michigan
Wash/rinse dishes

I read somewhere on here how one person washes dishes, places them on a dish rack soapy, then boils water to rinse. The rack fits over the sink for the rinse. What dish drainer rack is used? and where did you find it.

Any other ideas for washing/rinsing dishes with just one large sink? We're expected our 2015 25ft in a month and need advice. Thanks.
Trinity0414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #2
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
My Interstate doesn't have one large sink; it has one small sink. I use a collapsible washbasin in place of a second sink; wash in the washbasin, rinse in the sink, dump the soapy water from the washbasin into the toilet.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:23 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Arlington , Virginia
My method for washing dishes (if I have full hookups) scrape off all solid food beforehand into the trash, then run water over the dirty dishes to rinse off any remaining food/sauces, etc. (but the sink stopper/strainer will also catch any loose bits of food). Turn water off and then scrub each cup/dish/utensil with a soapy Dobie sponge. Rinse each item individually, then place in the foldable dish rack to dry (I use the Full Circle foldable dish rack-it folds and perfectly fits in the cabinet under the refrigerator. If there's a dirty pot or pan I'll usually save that last when the sink is empty of the more fragile dishes (I use porcelain china). Basically, I've never thought it necessary to have two basins but that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Wishing is offline   Reply With Quote

« Mattress | Top | New Member »