Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2015, 08:28 PM   #1

Hanover , New Hampshire
Vermont and New Hampshire

Hi! We are looking for an airstream owner in Vermont or New Hampshire who would be interested in showing us around their Airstream. We live in the Upper Valley. We have many questions as we begin to think about a purchase and would like to learn from happy campers. Cheers!
Upper Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:20 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
I thought I might bump your thread in hopes of one of the many New Hampshire and Vermont Airstreamers may see your request. We occasionally get requests to peek inside when we are out traveling. We don't mind and enjoy showing the trailer. By the way, we visited these two states last Fall in our Airstream and thoroughly enjoyed the beauty of the White and Green mountain regions.

Look for an Airstream rally in your area. Rallies often have "open houses" where attendees view other's trailers.

I can tell you Airstreams are unique travel trailers. The aluminum shell lasts a very long time. Mine are 30 and 50 years old! They are light and strong. The trailers are easier to tow due to less wind resistance. Because of the aluminum body, Airstreams are more expensive that many other trailers of equivalent sizes. The trailers are small and space efficient. It is like camping in a business jet. There is just not a lot of "roominess", but what there is, is very efficiently used. There is not a cubic foot wasted.

You probably have the Airstream brochures. The Airstream website offers views of various models and their interiors. Some dealers have very good websites with video tours. But you have to sit in one to really get the feel of it.

Welcome to Air Forums. I think this is a very good Airstream website.

David
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:54 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Hi - you're welcome to visit the New England Unit site here; http://newengland.wbcci.net

If there are rallies close enough to you, you could come out and meet folks and see some trailers. There's one coming up (not NEU sponsored) in a beautiful site in Bristol, VT the last weekend in Sept (see pic below).

I think the closest dealer to you is Airstream of New England in Stoughton, MA if you want to check out some aluminum that way.

Hope those are some good places to start!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1439567619.618343.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	245453
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote