Old 07-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Las Vegas , Nevada
True Newbie Introduction

Hello Airstreamers! I am brand new to the forum. My name is Christian, I live in Las Vegas Nevada. I am currently a Technical/Rescue Scuba Diver in the show Le Reve, at the Wynn Hotel. My wife is a beautiful dancer in the same show. I have been fairly infatuated with the Airstreaming Lifestyle for as long as I can remember. Part of it, i'm sure, stemming from when I was a kid seeing the Astronauts being transported in one. Well, Long story short, my wife has the opportunity to perform in a new show in Macau China. It is the chance of a lifetime for her. That being said, for family reasons, I am staying here in the good'ole USA. We have been talking and this is my chance to finally live the airstream life i've longed for. I have worked extensively on cruise ships, so the small natured living space of an airstream is something I am quite comfortable with. I have a plot that is prewired for an RV in a great friend's back yard(with pool!!!). For the majority of the first 2 years I will be living in it full time, I will be taking it on the road every 4-6 months for a week or so, just to stretch her legs. We have been perusing the forums(amazing resource, thank you), and online resources, and have found that we are very partial to a 25" international signature with rear bed and Pano front and rear. These seem to be rather hard to find, pre-owned that is. But we have located one that is a 2012, Great condition, certified Pre-owned, 138 point inspected with a 1 year extended service plan. it seems to be just what we are looking for. The current asking price from the dealer is $59,995. As this is our first TT experience, I was hoping on some advice. Is this price too high, average? Id prefer advice from you all before listening to the salesman. Its also quite a distance away from us. Any advice would be so appreciated! Many thanks now and for future help!

Old 07-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Reed Point , Montana
Wow, looks like you and your wife live a life full of adventure!
Welcome to the site, and best of luck on your search......I've sent you both a private message so check your inbox.

Cheers!

Old 07-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Northridge , California
Living in Las Vegas I would really consider the 1 vs 2 AC options & Shade Structure
LilNomad
Old 07-10-2014, 12:50 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLNomad View Post
Living in Las Vegas I would really consider the 1 vs 2 AC options & Shade Structure
LilNomad

Hey there! Thanks for suggestion could you expand on it for me? Is it due to the cost of the ac running ALOT? It's going to be 104 tomorrow and 108 by Sunday. I do miss Colorado!!! I have considered a shade structure of some sort but need the airstream first.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 07-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Northridge , California
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f353...ne-110702.html
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f37/...ner-93507.html

heres some reading...depending on weather 1 might not be enough..Last time I was in Vegas was so hot I wanted to cry..but the tears woulda have just evaporated.
LilNomad
Old 07-13-2014, 03:51 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Las Vegas , Nevada
Awesome! Good things to consider!
Old 07-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Tampa , Florida
I am going to full time it in vegas in about a week. After careful deliberation, I sprang for a dual ac unit.