Old 11-05-2018, 03:05 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
hendersonville , North Carolina
Repairs at JC

I second MOOSETAGS on the best fried chicken at the Inn Between Restaurant. Park at the Terraport on Sunday. Be at the door Monday morning early. Meet your Technician. Hang out with other Airstream owners and swap tips. Take the Factory Tour (A Must if you are at JC). We have been there 2 times for minor warranty work and I have taken tour 5 times. Enjoy the trip. I am sure you will be happy with dent repair. Enjoy!

uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:51 PM   #16
The Silver TARDIS

2018 30' Classic
Gray Court , South Carolina
Thanks for those reminders. We'll be in JC next week for warranty work!

BlueOx SwayPro 1506
Kevinshortnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:54 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2017 28' International
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Was back in Aug for our 2 year warranty visit. Great experience. You should plan on staying in your trailer Sunday night and checking in with the Service desk on Monday morning. They will pick up your trailer and a technician will meet you in the lounge after he's had a chance to review the work. Since we didn't have structural repairs they were able to deliver our trailer back to us in the Terraport each afternoon (they needed 2 days to do all our work). Very punctual and convenient. I plan on returning when I need work or service.
VaTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 05:38 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Fort Wayne , IN
JC trip

I am sure you know... donít know where your from. But please winterize if your not already. I almost got myself in trouble last week.
Safe Travels
KRPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1969 18' Caravel
Greenville , whereEverIroam
What to do while there:

Depending on how long you are there, if just one day, I would definitely do the factory tour; it's almost a rite of passage for airstream owners; that will take up your afternoon. If you are there longer, the bicycle museum in New Bremen is ok (I lived there for 10 years). It's an easy drive and interesting enough. Way better IMHO is the Neil Armstrong museum just up the road in Wapakoneta. That is major history. The AS factory has a list of suggested sites to see while in the area; there are wineries, and interesting restaurants and local sites. Much of what is fun and cool to do will be a bit too cool to do this time of year. Dayton, a small but interesting city is an easy 90 minute drive to the south; Lima, even smaller, is less than an hour north.
skyguyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:19 PM   #20
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Dayton has the National Museum of the US Air Force.
https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/
It is a must see if you are into aviation.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:38 AM   #21
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

If you take a look at a map (why would anybody do that ????) you will notice that the service building has *two* roads running past it (how weird ...). Indeed there is a bit of a
difference between going in the first road (coming from the west) and the second road. The second road is a nice easy shot to the service area and to the Terraport. The first road runs through part of the employee parking lot and ....errr .. is a bit tight if you are ....errr .. pulling a 30' trailer.

Don't ask how I know all this ... I sure hope there isn't any video

If you are up to watch, they start the opening up process around 6:30AM. They start moving trailers around by 7 and seem to get them all into place before 8AM. Just when your trailer gets grabbed ... who knows. It's 10:30 and I'm on my second cup of coffee ... 7AM for done with breakfast / dogs fed is *not* my normal schedule.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:58 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
west plains , Missouri
Mother ship repair visit

Arrive night before work stay at terraport or park along driveway if terraport is full. Prepare for pickup at 7 am and next go to office checkin desk. Whatever is needed to attach tractor to your rig the driver will have. Important you be there as service manager and your assigned tech will meet you in person, discuss fully your needs and questions, and welcome you to work area. In most cases your trailer will be returned to an overnight spot on the grounds for your occupancy. If not possible due to nature of repairs the office will help you find a nearby lodging for the night. The factory is incredibly friendly and helpful, and it is amazing how quickly they can work. The waiting area is very comfortable and upscale. We were last there in October. Feel welcome to ask me any questions. rjackgar@hotmail.com
rjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:56 AM   #23
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

One thing to add - the service waiting area is pet friendly. Put another way, if you are getting work done, you and your pets can stay in that area. This can be both good and bad. If you happen to have a significant allergy to this or that pet .... good bet there will be one in the waiting area There also is a gigantic open field next to the service building for walking / exercising pets. I won't mention all of the nice landscaping that a certain white lab found to "need attention" each time he walked by ....

Bob
Old 11-16-2018, 05:17 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
I'm the OP on this thread and tomorrow morning we leave for our trip to JC.

Thanks to all for the advice and suggestions. Based on the communication I received from the service dept. at JC they seem to have done this before. Well organized!

Again, thanks!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:24 AM   #25
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
I'm the OP on this thread and tomorrow morning we leave for our trip to JC.

Thanks to all for the advice and suggestions. Based on the communication I received from the service dept. at JC they seem to have done this before. Well organized!

Again, thanks!
Hi

Well, *most* of the roads are clear at this point ....

Have fun on I-76 the mountains !!!

Bob
Old 11-24-2018, 05:08 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Before and After

Attachment 328447Here is the before and after pictures of the repairs done at JC. Excellent job and great people. I had a few minor warranty items corrected as well (toiler seal would not hold water and oven rack needed to be replaced).

We took a tour of the factory. Very interesting!

They actually got everything done a day earlier than anticipated. So we headed home on the day before Thanksgiving. We had extremely heavy traffic on the PA Turnpike but endured it and were glad to be home a day early.

Again thanks for all the suggestions and assistance for our first visit to JC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1955.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	326.3 KB
ID:	328446   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2264.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	342.8 KB
ID:	328449  

Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:48 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Hiawassee , Georgia
Looks great

Glad everything worked out for you. Just like new!

KK4YZ is offline   Reply With Quote