Old 11-02-2014, 06:31 AM   #85
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
How about a recommended specific tow vehicle set up for an AS. Better than just a hitch.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #86
3 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2012 23' Flying Cloud
Victoria , British Columbia
Back up camera

How about Safety , Back up camera , or at least a raceway channel in the trailer to supply power to a rear for a camera and cable to the front for a hook up to the tow vehicle.
I'm still trying to work around this one .

Old 11-02-2014, 07:04 AM   #87
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggy Bank View Post
SteveSueMack,
Are you meaning a way to have bicycles in the aisle of the interior, with a tire chock and a way to secure the frame laterally during trailer travel? Let me know if you come up with anything. I have been considering something similar for the back of the pickup truck as well.
I'm actually thinking of an approach that would use the couch space. Long story short, a mechanism that would allow me to "spin knob" fork holders and rear tire channels on the couch and spin them off to use the couch (with no bumps under the cushions).

Hard to explain but if I do it, I'll do pics amd a parts list along the way.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:02 AM   #88
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Better storage setup. I'm really impressed with our Airstream, outside of the obvious QA issues folks report. The one thing that stood out in my mind though taking apart my front galley to repair the floor is how poorly some of the space is used.

For example, if you're like me and you don't want a Microwave you end up with a useless slide out drawer that need converter. They could do something to let folks use that without a Microwave.

I feel the storage under my front lounge area should really just be an outside storage bin rather than places to shove small rubber maid bins.

In total agreement with some of the other statements here, about the meters that actually work, the Micropulse is a pain! Even after calibration. Disc brakes should be standard. No if's and or but's.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #89
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWBC View Post
How about Safety , Back up camera , or at least a raceway channel in the trailer to supply power to a rear for a camera and cable to the front for a hook up to the tow vehicle.
This.
Now that I have one, I don't know how I managed without it.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #90
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Since I have a new Classic on order, and I know that Justin is reading this thread, I'll be on really good behavior! I can tell you that (as a previous poster already mentioned), the key A/S leadership team does sit in on two sessions at Alumapalooza. This team does include the sales, engineering, service, electronics folks. I've gone in both '13 and '14. One of the suggestions made in '13 was the installation of a USB port, and it is now part of the build. I also gotta say, those sessions are "no holds barred." In '13, a VERY disgruntled lady just went upside down over mirror placement....they were much too high and who do they think uses the mirrors?? It was actually pretty funny. As an aside, A/S does keep daily track of how many hours/$ they spend on rework. This would include those things that are caught after a trailer has left a specific assembly point, and upon final Q/A. Everyone knows its better to do it right than to do it over, and it costs less in the long run. I think many of us would like to have the ability to select more options (i.e., disk brakes) when we order a trailer. There is big money here, but also a more complex assembly routine. I hope they move further toward more owner options. Maybe with the larger factory this could happen.
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:48 AM   #91
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
I also like the idea if increased maintainability - e.g. rust-free screws to hold the belly pan in place vs. rivets so it's easier to get in there to do work as necessary, and actual raceways for all the wiring.

Oh, and regarding QA at the factory - after our experience, I'd have to say that somebody was asleep when my trailer went by. The entry door wasn't fitted properly and had huge gaps, the front storage door leaked water so badly that it might as well not have been there, etc. After that kind of warranty work, I hope the responsible team got a bad performance review. There's no way our baby should have left the factory in that condition.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:56 AM   #92
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Things I like to see on New Airstreams

That front storage door behind propane tank is a problem it sensor leaks

Suggest they look closer at this

Perhaps use two latches to hold the full length better in contact with gasket

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #93
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington

It's my understanding that some FB trailers are actually getting twin latches on that forward storage door. I don't have enough info to know whether that's been done on a case by case basis or is becoming a standard feature on new trailers.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #94
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWBC View Post
Great Idea. I have the same issue. And so easy to do at the time of manufacture. AS pre-wires for solar, so why not a rear view camera. Big safety issue.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #95
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
ATM with "free" $$ to use when visiting dealer, mother ship, or purchasing upgrades / accessories ...

The new style latch on our EB pulls the front / side storage door in quite a bit to seal as it latches.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #96
Rivet Master

The issue of rot-resistant floor materials and frame, mentioned ten times so far in this thread, was one I raised over seven years ago to Airstream senior management, in writing: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f206...sit-31208.html
Nick.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #97
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
1) Double well sink on the bias. 2) Aluminum Frame. 3) foam insulation 4) rubber coated roof (bed liner) 5) AC outlet on street side and one high on side for awning lights 6) exterior DC (cigaret) on outside for DC powered items. and other items as fore mentioned.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #98
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama

Whoops wrong thread

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote