Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2014, 12:46 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhendrix View Post
(snip) I hope some from Airstream Inc. is looking as this, as there are some good ideas and valid complaints.
If anyone has email addresses of Management people at Airstream it would be advisable to forward a link to this thread. As it will allow them to watch the thread and get valuable feedback from both their existing owners and the buying public as a whole. I would think that would be a valuable tool when planning future production options.

Cheers
Doug
Old 10-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
Canmore , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfox View Post
If anyone has email addresses of Management people at Airstream it would be advisable to forward a link to this thread. As it will allow them to watch the thread and get valuable feedback from both their existing owners and the buying public as a whole. I would think that would be a valuable tool when planning future production options.

Cheers
Doug
Can't verify, but I'm almost certain that Airstream Corp has someone in the management group monitor this forum. What better way to get feedback on their products?

If they don't, I'd be very surprised.
TinTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:24 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTin View Post
Can't verify, but I'm almost certain that Airstream Corp has someone in the management group monitor this forum. What better way to get feedback on their products?

If they don't, I'd be very surprised.
You might be right! But that said, I'm coming from this as an owner of a large manufacturing company (retired) and you would be amazed how the left hand does not know what the right is doing!

I know in our case, we had different staff monitoring discussion boards and social networks all the time. Yet my management team were always the last to hear about things that we could have done to either improve our products or services. These changes normally were not prohibited from a cost standpoint, they were normally just system or production complications that we had to deal with once we got our head around what the client was recommending.

So if you have any email address, just send them a note and mention that it might be worth their time to do a little reading or pass the link on to one of their co-workers who they feel might be interested... It never hurts!

If the same person should happen to get more than one email that only reinforces it's importance!
Old 10-31-2014, 01:26 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Bob, I would be surprised if they do monitor this forum. Everything they need to know about Airstreams and Airstreamers is available to them on site, every day right at their Service Center. They can see the repairs and modifications and talk to different owners and the people doing the repairs all day, every day of the week.

We were pretty excited about the recliner conversion they did for us and suggested many folks are interested in that sort of thing, but they more/less shrug their shoulders, "we do this all the time".

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:40 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
I can verify that someone in the Service Department is reading the forums quite often. Especially if you mention you are going there for repairs and are seeking advice in advance for an issue.

How do I know? I complained once about the flooring and was cornered there by the service manager who told me they did not appreciate my comments on the poor quality. Sad to say I was treated differently then the others in the waiting room. Not my observation but the others waiting with me.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:45 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I must not have offended them on the forums.
I talked about my trailer on the forums for 2 years before I got there to get it serviced.
I was treated like royalty.
In the beginning I was mad as a hornet about the dealer experience and production line failures, but as I've used the trailer and gotten things fixed I've gotten over the anger.
Now I will only take it to Jackson Center for service.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:54 PM   #47
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
Bob, I would be surprised if they do monitor this forum. Everything they need to know about Airstreams and Airstreamers is available to them on site, every day right at their Service Center. They can see the repairs and modifications and talk to different owners and the people doing the repairs all day, every day of the week.

We were pretty excited about the recliner conversion they did for us and suggested many folks are interested in that sort of thing, but they more/less shrug their shoulders, "we do this all the time".
Please be advised, that Airstream, indeed, monitors this Forums.

Snail mail works also.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:08 PM   #48
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
Disc brakes

16" Michelin LT

Larger AGM batteries

40# aluminum propane tanks

Hensley sway elimination integrated into coupler

Recliner seating option on mid-size models

Less gadgets, better hardware

Right on

And stand alone led emergency random pattern flashers all around the body

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:08 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
I guess I didn't offend them before our two visits, they treated us like everybody else. I still don't believe they waste time or bear the insults reading this forum.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:41 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
If someone from the Sevice Dept actually reads these threads it will not have much impact on the issues we have been discussing on this thread. It's like dkottum telling the story how the people in the service were very "ho-hum" about his recliner conversion. I'm sure it was just another day for them and they really did not care one way or the other.

Yet if you could have walked the head of Marketing or head of production into the conversion it would not surprise me that these recliners would be an option on mid-sized units already. That is the difference between someone in Management and someone just working the floor for his or her wage.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:54 PM   #51
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
If I were to buy a new trailer today from Jackson City, I'd hand deliver the Coosa board to be used as the sub floor and drive away with a trailer whose subfloor would never rot, mildew, grow fungus, decay or turn into compost; with the added bonus of being 45% lighter than the plywood Airstream uses. Why Airstream doesn't use it is beyond me?

Cheers
Tony
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:11 PM   #52
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
At Aluminapalooza they have a separate meeting with the men and women attendees to discuss what new things or improvements we as owners would like to see. This meeting is attended by the VP of sales, head of Service Center and several others from the design side. I believe it was 2013 when they told of the # changes that came directly these meetings, I think it was around 12 or 13.

Gary
Castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:03 PM   #53
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Calgary , Alberta
I would be interested in knowing the specifics of what was suggested and actually implemented
cory_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:46 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
I would love to see - like someone else mentioned a 30 ft. FB and if possible a small outside kitchen and tv. I too would like to see a clear window at the door with a blind that could pull down for privacy. Other than that...love me some Airstream!! Nothing else compares!

Laura & Tom
Old 10-31-2014, 09:14 PM   #55
1 Rivet Member

Great thread. The factory is watching with interest!

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Halloween!

Justin Humphreys
VP Sales- Airstream

jhumphreys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:29 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhumphreys View Post
Great thread. The factory is watching with interest!

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Halloween!

Justin Humphreys
VP Sales- Airstream

Welcome Justin - good to see interest from the management team! I sent an email to Mollie and Mckay earlier today hoping they would get someone putting an eye on this. As there has been some good ideas already and might be some even better ones down the road....

Thanks again for linking in....
Cheers
Doug
Old 10-31-2014, 10:21 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
Great to know someone from AS is watching.

Here is another thought regarding the black tank flushing valve. The fresh water inlet in just below the flushing valve inlet. When connecting and disconnecting a water to the black tank flushing valve at a dump station, it's almost impossible to prevent non-potable water from dripping onto the fresh water inlet. Not a good idea from a contamination standpoint. Either put them side by side or the fresh water inlet above the flushing valve hose connection.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:42 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
I would like a smaller trailer with a better layout.

We like the LOCATION of the dinette and bed in the Bambi 16. It has the best line of sight and amount of light in any trailer until you get to the 23 D with the skylights.

What I would add if a custom build option existed:

A wider bed
Oven with additional countertop on top on the kitchen side

As to the bathroom, either
Toilet and separate shower on the bath side. With gray and black tanks. I don't need/want an additional sink.

OR

Existing wet bath with gray and black tanks

OR

Much larger combined gray/black tank with existing wet bath, and a hutch cabinet next to the bath, with counter, cabinet with storage below and upper with storage.

Box that holds 2 batteries, and 2 batteries on the unit.

I know many of you will say that the 20 FC or 22 sport addresses most of these.

But the thing I LOVE the best on the 16 is the location of the bed and dinette. I want the dinette with the pano windows, and I want the bed on the other end, not the bathroom.

And if you look at aisle size, the 16 has the widest aisles of the small trailers, making moving around a bit easier for 2.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:27 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
A random idea that may or may not be good

At the barber shop they have a shop vac wired in a cabinet in such a way that they sweep hair up to the bottom of the cabinet where there is an opening - they step on a small pedal and the vacuum sucks up the hair

You could make a similar setup for AS maybe -

I store my small 2.5 gallon shop vac under the main bed in front - perhaps it could be simply a small duct built for that door below the bed and wire in a button to touch with you foot - then you could perhaps lift the bed and detach the vaccuum for portable use

I know this sounds kinda crazy I guess - I've been thinking about something like this for a few months - it may be silly - but often I just want to seep up a bit if dust and dirt very quickly

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 05:36 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Mont Vernon , New Hampshire
build the Winnick again or at least use the floor plan

it has the best layout to me but i can't buy one because they are so rare

i want one to pull behind my 2007 Interstate
bugsbunny is offline   Reply With Quote