Old 01-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #113
Rivet Master
2008 19' Safari SE
Erie , Colorado
Originally Posted by Eric H
I guess there's a third type in there that likes the entire line and all the years and is happy with all of em, which is great.
I fall into that category. But I don't have enough skills to personally renovate a trailer (no matter the age), and not enough money to pay someone else to do it. Also, while I appreciate and admire the vintage style, it's not what I want to live in. If I could renovate myself, I'd only put in references to a vintage style, not restore.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #114
3 Rivet Member
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Palestine , Texas
Vintage or New?

I've spent plenty of years (I'm now 70) restoring or rehabilitating motorcycles, 3 blue-water sailboats (yes, I'm a fool for teak) and a 120 year-old historic victorian home. Been there, done that and have all the scars. Never a question. We bought a 2014 AS for our RV.

"Don't follow me
I've made a life of leading folks astray."

Will_Brule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #115
4 Rivet Member
2013 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
We bought TWO new Airstreams in four months (traded our new Flying Cloud for a new Classic). I love new things! And having a two year warranty brings me comfort. I liked the fact that I was able to pick the features I wanted.

With that said, I admire people who have the knowledge and skills to restore vintage Airstream trailers.

To each his own.
Yolanda (and Phil)
2013 30' Classic Limited
2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD
ProPride 3P Trailer Sway Control Hitch
WBCCI #7878
time2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #116
Restorations done right
Commercial Member
1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
This is a very funny thread to me...
Anyone buy from me(having me restore a trailer) is buying a brand new one. Everything that leaves my door is brand new since it was restored to original condition. They also get every single option they want.

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote