Old 06-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #57
3 Rivet Member
2013 30' Flying Cloud
Virginia Beach , Virginia
On the way home with our new Airstream

We are on our way home with our new Airstream after trading our lovely '06 Safari 25ss after three full seasons. We are just closing our first nine days in our fabulous 2013 30A Flying Cloud as we slowly meander home to Virginia Beach from Colonial Airstream (great folks) in New Jersey.

Here we are under a steady rain in Harpers Ferry with flash flood warnings and thunderstorm watch in effect. What better thing to do than cancel the tow and enjoy a day in the aluminum cocoon?

There was much to like about our Safari and more in the Flying Cloud, in fact, too many to list while pecking away on a smarter-than-me phone. Here are a few - more living space, twin beds instead of the corner bed, a much more spacious powder room, a shower that we're told is smaller but which feels more open, solar, enough A/C to chill a meat locker, gas/electric water heater, sewer flush - and on and on.

What might be a few trade-offs? First of all we've got to learn to maneuver a longer trailer. The Safari fit in some tight spots and followed like a little puppy. What a great way to learn to tow. We also gave up the oven for a convection microwave. That's OK - this hobby camp cook will move more cookin' outdoors - except for tornado watch days. So far it's all good.

Gotta go change our profile. Smiles to all.

Speed is Life . . . guidance is optional . . .
The Traveling Circus: 2013 Flying Cloud 30A; 2006 Chevy Duramax Crew/LWB
Air #42313 TAC VA-7 WBCCI #1290
gsmithii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #58
3 Rivet Member
1991 29' Excella
Akron , Ohio
I parked my new-to-me 1991 Excella where I can look at it all day as I work from my home. I thank every one here on the forum for helping me make fewer user-error/ID-10T actions every day. What is it about them that makes you smile just to look out the window at it....I mean her? No name yet.....
((((I'm thinking.....))))
Have only pulled home and not had the "maiden voyage" camping trip as yet. Can't wait gotta work

Nancy and Paul..........TAC OH 34
Five Airedales and One Chocolate Lab
(no they don't all get to go in the AS at once!)
1991 Excella 29 foot w/ProPride 3P hitch
2006 Jeep Commander-V8 4.7L Tow package
aireseneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #59
Rivet Master
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff

We have saved you a spot in our driveway for the maiden voyage if you would like it!!! OTOH there are so many wonderful spots to visit!! Meet us at one of them!

Larry and Lou
CP: Water/30 amp/waste dump/WIFI & Room for 2-3 units; PM us if you are headed our direction!
Air #2695
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote