Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Fremont , California
Talking

We bought our 27FB International in October at this point it's got probably about 7500 miles, we've spent an estimated 25 nights in it and got home two days ago from our first WBCCI rally.

Our calendar shows another 30 or 35 nights scheduled in 2012 and for 2013 we will be on the road for at least six months probably more like eight.

One very small warranty issue, the fresh water gauge. The dealer who repaired the gauge was GREAT, when we picked up the trailer it was detailed inside and out and that was not the dealer from whom we purchased the Airstream.

The fun we had at our first rally just cements my decision to buy an Airstream, I cannot for the life of me imagine a product that attracts so many great folks in one place. I'm signed up for my first caravan in September and can't wait!!

https://polakoff.com/RamblinRose/
Our travel log
xo1rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Truckee , California
Not new, but new to us. We've spent the last 4 1/2 months updating the interior and making sure all the mechanical systems are in good working order. We've had three prior shakedown trips and are ready to take-off next week for our Western States tour. A month on the road...longest trip to date. We are absolutely in love with our AS.
bganso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Yep !
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #24

2012 25' International
Hershey , Pennsylvania
The Restart

Just finalized my purchase of a 2012 25' International Serenity. I've never been in an trailer, never towed one, and have no idea how to fix anything. It just seemed right and I know it will be perfect. I knew it the moment I saw it - classic & timeless, tried & true, a shiny bright light symbolizing the end of my tunnel. I now know that my heart won't be broken forever and my life will assemble it's self from the challenges of the past two years. I have no idea where I'll be or what I'll be doing, but it'll be in a gorgeous new airstream! It feels good.
The_Restart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Restart

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Airstream purchase. Your life will be changed forever by your new Airstream, the new experiences you will have and the people you will meet.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
Welcome ReStart. I love my AS, too. And it's a 1992 well-used Excella 29. She does not leak, and the only time she did was because some PO ignored a worn out gasket in a storage compartment.
Sleeping in our AS feels like a safe & comfy cocoon. We've towed her at least 12,000 miles without a single problem-and no telling how many thousands of miles the POs towed her.
We keep her bearings packed (annually) her tires newish, and put new shocks & brakes on when we bought her.
Some folks would bitch if ya hung em with a new rope!

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
Missoula , Montana
...I hear it's scratchy...

(sorry; couldn't resist!)
OilnH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
On another thread I posted how happy we are and always have been with our 2002 19' Bambi which we bought new. After purchase, it has never seen a dealer's shop. We have done all maintenance ourselves and the trailer has performed wonderfully. It leaked once through a cracked AC shroud which was easily replaced. Have we made modifications? Yes! Would we buy another one? Absolutely! The two of us and a large dog look forward to every trip with our Airstream.

Tim
Tim A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2011 19' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
2018 23' International
San Diego , California
Solid; high quality; stylish materials; modern and functional interior; timeless exterior. Easy to tow, little if any sway.
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
I love our 2012 27FB Flying Cloud! I find myself wishing I could full time right now! Retirement is just too far away but we figured - why wait that long? So glad we made that decision!

I've had plenty of user-error/ID-10T type issues, but nothing I can't recover from :-)

Been out about 4 or 5 trips so far - including our first Rally. I was originally planning one a month but after the first one, we had to figure out how we could squeeze more trips in!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1245785984.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	549.4 KB
ID:	186335

Drive your home into the woods, enjoy life. Repeat (often).

And Daisy loves camping with her people, though it's hard for her to wait so long for breakfast sometimes :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4224452707.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	437.3 KB
ID:	186336
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #31
BicycleStreamers

2016 28' Pendleton
Buxton , Oregon
It's driveable art...

We love our new 27' FB for many of the reason's you all have already stated. After an initial 6 week trip in our 23' Flying Cloud we came home and immediately upgraded to a 27' and are so happy we did. We head out next week for another 5 week trip to explore the beautiful NW.
I also love my Airstream because of it's beautiful lines. It's not often you get to drive the backroads of this wonderful country with a piece of art following you around!
Oh, the other reason I love my/our Airstream, my wife loves traveling in it!

"Don't forget, be excellent to each other!" Bill or Ted
BicycleStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Yakima , Washington
okay, new is a relative term, and in our case we have owned our '97 Safari for 2+ years and have loved every minute of it. We have changed a lot of things, but not because of problems, but to make it ours, to put our stamp on it. Maintenance is the key, just like anything else worth keeping, it is worth keeping up.

1997 25' Safari
2012 Chevy Silverado HD 2500
Duramax/Allison
dirigible25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:24 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I sit here early in the morning because I can't sleep anticipating our 7-8 day trip beginning tomorrow. Remember that feeling you got as a kid waiting for Santa? I get that now as time to leave on a trip approaches. I wish we could full time. Seven months of ownership of our Classic 30 and no trouble after the original glitches. Hopefully this is an indicator of how it will be into the next 20 years. Buying an Airstream checks off another bucket list item.
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:11 AM   #34
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
I sit here early in the morning because I can't sleep anticipating our 7-8 day trip beginning tomorrow. Remember that feeling you got as a kid waiting for Santa? I get that now as time to leave on a trip approaches.
Wow - me too! I can get down right giddy just loading up the trailer.
Hensley Arrow hitch with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #35
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
I've had mine for 17 months and over 10,000 miles now, so it's hardly new anymore, but every day spent in my Airstream is retirement practice! By the time I actually manage to retire, I should already be an expert at it!
Old 05-24-2013, 04:13 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyboy View Post
Wow - me too! I can get down right giddy just loading up the trailer.
Truck is gassed up, washed, hitched to trailer, tire shine on both...ready to go. Today at work is gonna be rough. Tick. Tick. Tick.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Cat City , California
My 2012 Flying Cloud is a piece of kinetic and sculptural art, that inspires us and fuels our dreams. That's what it's about, isn't it? A dream machine. Yes, I could have bought a long white corrugated box with obnoxious swoopy decals pasted all over it for about 1/3 the price. I'd never have the fun of watching strangers drool at a gas station though.

Why do people love looking at them? For the same reason the 707 inspired a generation of travelers. It simply looks ..... like it should fly or sail or cruise to any destination you can imagine. There's more to life than simple economic efficiency. Sometimes you need to splurge on the art as well as the function. If you wanted a real Atlantic crossing, you wouldn't want to be on a Carnival cruise ship, you'd want to be on the Queen Mary, or the QEII. That's what the Airstream is to RVs. What a delight to see one coming down the road!

We spent way more than we ever thought was prudent to do for our new 2012, not really sure how it would work out. Now we know - we got the deal of a lifetime! We've already logged well over 20,000 miles in 18 months. Loving every night of it. A few very small snafus, and yes, I junked the ST tires straight off, but otherwise, I am so glad we listened to our souls, and not just our brains. RVing would be threadbare without these dream machines.
mstephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #38
1 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Thornton , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstephens View Post
My 2012 Flying Cloud is a piece of kinetic and sculptural art, that inspires us and fuels our dreams. That's what it's about, isn't it? A dream machine. Yes, I could have bought a long white corrugated box with obnoxious swoopy decals pasted all over it for about 1/3 the price. I'd never have the fun of watching strangers drool at a gas station though.

Why do people love looking at them? For the same reason the 707 inspired a generation of travelers. It simply looks ..... like it should fly or sail or cruise to any destination you can imagine. There's more to life than simple economic efficiency. Sometimes you need to splurge on the art as well as the function. If you wanted a real Atlantic crossing, you wouldn't want to be on a Carnival cruise ship, you'd want to be on the Queen Mary, or the QEII. That's what the Airstream is to RVs. What a delight to see one coming down the road!

We spent way more than we ever thought was prudent to do for our new 2012, not really sure how it would work out. Now we know - we got the deal of a lifetime! We've already logged well over 20,000 miles in 18 months. Loving every night of it. A few very small snafus, and yes, I junked the ST tires straight off, but otherwise, I am so glad we listened to our souls, and not just our brains. RVing would be threadbare without these dream machines.
I LOVE this post. We haven't even taken delivery yet, but this is where I am at. We wake up in the middle of the night, longing to hit the road, or be in it up at our property. My degree is in Industrial Design, and this trailer just speaks to me. it is visual communication incarnate. It is the transcendent essence of freedom and beauty in one package. We can't wait to join the fold; next week, and then the planning of trips and sights unseen unfolds.
MiTTco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I admire my trailer every day. As we travel to different RV parks I admire the other Airstreams as well. We are parked next to a fifth wheel- white with swoopy gold and brown graphics. Really? Which trailer is more pretty to behold?
Old 05-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2012 23' FB International
Kalamazoo , Michigan
We love our new 2012 23FB international signature. We've never owned an RV but thought about it for a long time. 6 months ago we welcomed our first child (a boy) and decided we should jump in. After looking only briefly at other types of trainers, we knew what we wanted was Airstream.

As I write this, I'm laying in our AS, my wife to my left, the baby got up about an hour ago to eat and has fallen asleep in between us, and our 85# boxer is at the foot of the bed. The birds are chirping away and I'm catching a little morning news via HD OTA signal from the antennae. And surfing this forum via the iPhone app. I can't imagine a better way to spend my morning.

In full disclosure--we are camping in my in-laws yard!!! LOL. We call it "practice camping" and joking aside, we've been able to identify what works and what doesn't with the baby and dog and have gotten to know our trailers systems a bit better. Our first real trip is coming up in June. Can't wait.
terry.morrow is offline   Reply With Quote