Old 12-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #85
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Larry been with Allstate for years, great company and if you can find the right agent they do amazing things.

paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #86
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Camping Dogs, we bought our first RV a pop up so we could take our dog with us, then dogs, so we moved up to SOB TT, then Airstreams, then motorhome and now another AS, all for the dogs and along the way we developed a true love of camping and especially Airstreams. We always take our dog(s), singular now, but I volunteer at a rescue as a trainer and rehabilitator and I am confident that one day I will bring another one home. My wife volunteers as a walker and she falls in love with all of them.

paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #87
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
The only added expense to our Airstream lifestyle is the trailer itself. We camped anyway before having an Airstream trailer. Our other trailer had $2,400 owed on it. We tent camped before we had the first trailer. I don't include cost of food because we were going to eat anyway if we stayed home. The gas and campsite fees are negligible because we would use the gas doing something else and instead of camping fees we would go to the movies or to the mall. Not everyone camps in an $80,000 trailer, though- or any trailer as far as that goes-
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:33 AM   #88
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
Larry been with Allstate for years, great company and if you can find the right agent they do amazing things.
We've had our home and vehicles with Allstate, but years ago, I was "brainwashed" to believe the "Good Sam" RV insurance was a good way to save a few bucks by taking the collision coverage off when we were not traveling.

During the past two years, Good Sam had increased our premiums substantially, and it became more and more of a hassle to put the AS in "storage" mode.

Come to find out, I can do the same thing with Allstate, for nearly 50% less premium....Good Sam, just isn't the customer friendly company that it was when they were a part of Trailer Life....

Larry

1996 34' Excella 1000, interior totally redone, 2003 Dodge/Cummins HO, U.S. Gear exhaust brake, Diablo tuner, 115 gallon aux fuel, Bedslide, Airsafe/Reese Dual Cam, and a bunch of other stuff
Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote