Old 08-07-2016, 06:01 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
3 to 4 day camping trips work in either of you choices. Airstream makes great products, start with the trailer & move up if you feel the need,

Venice, FL
2016 FC 25RTB
2016 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:40 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member
2000 30' Excella
2014 30' Classic
Princeton , Iowa
Tough question, it sure is a personal issue. For us the trailer is the say to go, we had a motor home. Love to be able to park the trailer and run around it the TV. I tow with a 1/2 ton pickup and it is great to do things around the house.

larryglarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:16 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2008 31' Classic
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Lenoir City , Tennessee
I'm answering you because we have both the trailer and the Interstate and one thing you said in your message tuned me in. My husband and I both work, which means a set number of vacation days. We like to take road trips, and we like to go on back roads. If we are traveling and plan to stay in one place more than 3 days then we are more comfortable in the trailer. However, if we take any number of days but plan to spend them doing some serious site-seeing then the Interstate is our answer. Last year we spent 17 days going all over the State of Wisconsin - never more than 2 nights anywhere - and the Interstate was the perfect answer. Easy in and out everywhere. And, my husband is 6'4" tall and built like a linebacker. We have the twin bed model and he did great. He preferred the CG showers, but could do the Interstate showers if he had to. (Of course, when brand new I took the wall mounted soap dispenser off the shower wall which gave him a few more inches of elbow room.)

So, if you want to do a few days here and there it doesn't get any better than the Interstate. If you like to go to one place, plug in and sit and relax most of the time then the trailer is the answer.

Or, you could do what we did and get both. You only live once!
Kelly & Matt
WBCCI - #4335
2005 Diesel Excursion
2008 31' Custom Classic "Moonshine"
2016 Interstate "BugOut"
kfrere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 05:56 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
2016 22' Sport
2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Odenton , Maryland
Unfortunately, you sacrifice space for the get up and go aspect. Space is tight in the Interstate hence my reason for also having the Bambi, but for short trips it is tolerable. If cooking the second person will have a tight space passing by. The toilet/shower can also be tight if you are a big person. I am not big and I find it small. On the flip side the Grand Tour has lots of storage space to hide the necessary stuff. The bed is also pretty big and comfortable.

On price it can be expensive. The used 2015 was $115k but trading in the old trailer and truck made it affordable. Plus life is short, enjoy it while you can. You cannot take money with you.

Good luck in you choice. Don't look back, just enjoy your purchase.

WBCCI #3750
CMU #166, 2nd Region
2015 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour EXT & 2016 Airstream 22FB Sport Bambi
“There are two kinds of travel: first class and with children.” -Robert Benchley

- WBCCI #3750;; CMU #166, 2nd Region
- 2015 Airstream Interstate Grand Tour EXT
- 2016Airstream 22FB Sport
Tadashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:25 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member
2015 22' FB Sport
Indianapolis , Indiana
I like Tadashi's thoughts, although I cannot afford the Interstate yet ha ha!!

Jim Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote