Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2016, 05:46 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
If you haven't read through this thread from a while back, I recommend it.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f295...es-120231.html

There are some good tips, particularly from Len and Jeanne on water management and boon docking.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:18 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Vernon , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggy Bank View Post
If you haven't read through this thread from a while back, I recommend it.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f295...es-120231.html

There are some good tips, particularly from Len and Jeanne on water management and boon docking.
PiggyBank,

So funny you mention that thread. I think I have read it all the way through like 5 times over the last year as I tried to determine what would work best for me. I was this "" close to going after the 22 and if I was able to find one really cheap I would jump on it in a second. However, I determined that I would mostly be a single traveler with a guest every now and then so all of that extra space would be a "bit" much for me.

I was fascinated by your Yellowstone adventure and the blue box usage. My first trip will be a full service location with the grey/black not connected to try to learn my new sewer usage needs. Mostly will be 2-3 days at a location and then move on OR a travel and stop then onward the next day as I get to a location. With the Class A, I was used to searching for a dump station :-) but this is a really/really small tank.

Tara
MsTara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:52 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTara View Post
PiggyBank,

So funny you mention that thread. I think I have read it all the way through like 5 times over the last year as I tried to determine what would work best for me. I was this "" close to going after the 22 and if I was able to find one really cheap I would jump on it in a second. However, I determined that I would mostly be a single traveler with a guest every now and then so all of that extra space would be a "bit" much for me.

I was fascinated by your Yellowstone adventure and the blue box usage. My first trip will be a full service location with the grey/black not connected to try to learn my new sewer usage needs. Mostly will be 2-3 days at a location and then move on OR a travel and stop then onward the next day as I get to a location. With the Class A, I was used to searching for a dump station :-) but this is a really/really small tank.

Tara
With just you mostly using the trailer, you might be surprised at how long that waste tank lasts before dumping. My wife and I can get 3 "trailer" showers each. We rarely use the sink for dishes, however, preferring to eat out or use disposable cups and plates.
*2003 Jayco Designer Series 32' Rear Living
*2015 T@B Sofitel S (exchanged after 3 days for Bambi)
remphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:23 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Vernon , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by remphoto View Post
With just you mostly using the trailer, you might be surprised at how long that waste tank lasts before dumping. My wife and I can get 3 "trailer" showers each. We rarely use the sink for dishes, however, preferring to eat out or use disposable cups and plates.
Wow RemPhoto, by myself that would be a whole 6 showers which is a lot more than I expected.

Disposable cups/plates. I have been thinking that may need to be the route I go down. I cook using Cast Iron so the lack of water needed to wash them helps a lot in the conservation mode.

I have also started to consider the "don't dump toilet tissue in the tanks" to help limit the waste situation.

Appreciate the thoughts on the shower usage!
Old 10-15-2016, 08:43 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1962 24' Tradewind
Tucson , Arizona
Hi Tara,

That is so exciting! I assume this is your first rv...I would be happy to send you the list that I give to all of my first time Airstream customers! Also, the dealership I work for has a travel trailer towing class that can help take the nervousness out of towing. I only have one suggestion on your "things to get" list. The Blue Ox system has chains on it that are really a pain to get set for towing. Check out the Equalizer brand hitch...it does the same thing, it is just much easer to hitch up and unhitch from. Just my two cents

-Laura
aluminitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:02 PM   #26
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
What have you missed?

Champagne. (OK, OK, we like and can afford Freixenet extra-dry cava.)

Champagne flutes. (Riedel crystal makes a compact stemless version.)

Your favourite CDs.

Just for the first night out, mind you.

The emergency phone number of your AS sales or service person, so that when you encounter the inevitable moment of not knowing how something works, you've got someone to call right away. Remember, you're under warranty.

Happy trails to you.

Piggy Bank, thanks. Your Bambi seems to be working well for you.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:26 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Vernon , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminitus View Post
Hi Tara,

That is so exciting! I assume this is your first rv...I would be happy to send you the list that I give to all of my first time Airstream customers! Also, the dealership I work for has a travel trailer towing class that can help take the nervousness out of towing. I only have one suggestion on your "things to get" list. The Blue Ox system has chains on it that are really a pain to get set for towing. Check out the Equalizer brand hitch...it does the same thing, it is just much easer to hitch up and unhitch from. Just my two cents

-Laura
Laura your list would be wonderful... tdsjunk @ gmail.com

This is the first I heard on the Blue Ox being difficult. Back to my research. I liked it because of the ability to back up, quiet and high ratings.

More research

Where is your dealership located? Love the idea of a trailer towing class.

Tara
Old 10-15-2016, 09:31 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Vernon , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len n Jeanne View Post
What have you missed?

Champagne. (OK, OK, we like and can afford Freixenet extra-dry cava.)

Champagne flutes. (Riedel crystal makes a compact stemless version.)

Your favourite CDs.

Just for the first night out, mind you.

The emergency phone number of your AS sales or service person, so that when you encounter the inevitable moment of not knowing how something works, you've got someone to call right away. Remember, you're under warranty.

Happy trails to you.

Piggy Bank, thanks. Your Bambi seems to be working well for you.
Definitely champagne - love Perrier Jouet, but I think I will need to be on a budget 😋

Need to check out the champagne flutes!
Old 10-16-2016, 11:08 AM   #29
1 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Seabrook , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
Our first trip was home from the dealer... it was awesome and it only got better from there! This was our first day...
Bruce

Thank you for that great video! I am so happy for you both!
DCwalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:48 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

1962 24' Tradewind
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTara View Post
Laura your list would be wonderful... tdsjunk @ gmail.com

This is the first I heard on the Blue Ox being difficult. Back to my research. I liked it because of the ability to back up, quiet and high ratings.

More research

Where is your dealership located? Love the idea of a trailer towing class.

Tara
Hi Tara,

I am at LazyDays in Tucson. Hitches are almost a religious topic for airstreamers, so take anyone's suggestions (including mine with a grain of salt. I have just helped a lot of people set up both Blue Ox and Equalizer hitches, and the Equalizer folks always have an easier time of it. I will send you that list tomorrow when I have my work computer.
aluminitus is offline   Reply With Quote