Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-15-2016, 12:00 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member
 
2016 19' Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 10
I would pic up a swimming pool noodle, slice down the middle and put it on the awning arms when the awning is deployed. They have saved me numerous times from walking into them
__________________

__________________
Sgilcrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:46 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
 
dasams's Avatar
 
Marin , California
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTara View Post
In regards to Sway and W/D, I am pulling with my Porsche Macan and I definitely want to be as safe as possible and not take any chances.
Hi Tara:

Nice tow vehicle that I'm sure you'll enjoy I carry a basic set of tools including a battery powered screw gun (drill). It's great for deploying the stabilizing feet just be sure to get a socket.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Enjoy, Dave
__________________

__________________
2006 Cayenne S with V8, air suspension, factory tow
2017 FC25 rear bed
dasams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 02:13 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
 
2017 16' Sport
Vernon , Arizona
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 77
First, I love this forum as you guys are amazingly helpful :-)

30 to 15 amp: My dad just ran 30 amp to Bambi's new home. Note, Bambi now has a rose garden out the front door, a patio area and we are talking about putting a trellis in front of where it parks. I will send pictures when we are done.

Love the Lego Blocks as I had not started to think that way yet.

The noodle idea will be a head saver.

I had read about the screw driver secret, thanks for the appropriate socket.

LED, yes and one of the reason I am going with the 2017 instead of the 2016 and the solar panel connector at ground level which will be perfect!

Keep them coming,

Tara
__________________
MsTara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 05:47 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
 
2015 16' Sport
Jacksonville , Florida
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 27
9750 mile Road trip in my 16' Bambi

Just returned home from a 9750 mile 2 month trip in my little Bambi. Sounds like you are planning to do a lot of upgrades. It's a great little trailer. Easy to manage on the road. I have an Andersen 3350 which totally managed sway control. The tiny wet bath is an inconvenience but I used RV Park showers as a work around. Enjoy and safe travels.
__________________
Mageliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 05:49 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member
 
banderabob's Avatar
 
2008 19' Safari SE
Bandera , Texas
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 119
I read all the forum items as you never know what you'll learn. Didn't know about the 30 to 15 amp to allow plugging into your home outlet, and would like to hear more about the caution comment from StrmyWeather.
__________________
banderabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:27 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member
 
2017 16' Sport
Vernon , Arizona
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageliza View Post
Just returned home from a 9750 mile 2 month trip in my little Bambi. Sounds like you are planning to do a lot of upgrades. It's a great little trailer. Easy to manage on the road. I have an Andersen 3350 which totally managed sway control. The tiny wet bath is an inconvenience but I used RV Park showers as a work around. Enjoy and safe travels.
I am going to have a lot of learning going to the very small combined grey/black tank. I am really good at navy showers and love to boondock. I really dislike utilizing camp showers, it just makes me feel a bit vulnerable.

LOVE the 2 month trip in the Bambi and glad to know it is possible as I am looking forward to doing several long vacation trips around the US in it :-)

Tara
__________________
MsTara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:46 PM   #21
Rivet Master
 
Piggy Bank's Avatar
 
2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 727
If you haven't read through this thread from a while back, I recommend it.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f295...es-120231.html



There are some good tips, particularly from Len and Jeanne on water management and boon docking.
__________________

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:18 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member
 
2017 16' Sport
Vernon , Arizona
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggy Bank View Post
If you haven't read through this thread from a while back, I recommend it.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f295...es-120231.html



There are some good tips, particularly from Len and Jeanne on water management and boon docking.
PiggyBank,

So funny you mention that thread. I think I have read it all the way through like 5 times over the last year as I tried to determine what would work best for me. I was this "" close to going after the 22 and if I was able to find one really cheap I would jump on it in a second. However, I determined that I would mostly be a single traveler with a guest every now and then so all of that extra space would be a "bit" much for me.

I was fascinated by your Yellowstone adventure and the blue box usage. My first trip will be a full service location with the grey/black not connected to try to learn my new sewer usage needs. Mostly will be 2-3 days at a location and then move on OR a travel and stop then onward the next day as I get to a location. With the Class A, I was used to searching for a dump station :-) but this is a really/really small tank.

Tara
__________________
MsTara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:52 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member
 
remphoto's Avatar
 
2015 16' Sport
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTara View Post
PiggyBank,

So funny you mention that thread. I think I have read it all the way through like 5 times over the last year as I tried to determine what would work best for me. I was this "" close to going after the 22 and if I was able to find one really cheap I would jump on it in a second. However, I determined that I would mostly be a single traveler with a guest every now and then so all of that extra space would be a "bit" much for me.

I was fascinated by your Yellowstone adventure and the blue box usage. My first trip will be a full service location with the grey/black not connected to try to learn my new sewer usage needs. Mostly will be 2-3 days at a location and then move on OR a travel and stop then onward the next day as I get to a location. With the Class A, I was used to searching for a dump station :-) but this is a really/really small tank.

Tara
With just you mostly using the trailer, you might be surprised at how long that waste tank lasts before dumping. My wife and I can get 3 "trailer" showers each. We rarely use the sink for dishes, however, preferring to eat out or use disposable cups and plates.
__________________
2015 Airstream Bambi Sport 16J
Past Travel Trailers:
*1992 Dutchmen 30' Bunk
*2003 Jayco Designer Series 32' Rear Living
*2015 T@B Sofitel S (exchanged after 3 days for Bambi)
remphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:23 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member
 
2017 16' Sport
Vernon , Arizona
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by remphoto View Post
With just you mostly using the trailer, you might be surprised at how long that waste tank lasts before dumping. My wife and I can get 3 "trailer" showers each. We rarely use the sink for dishes, however, preferring to eat out or use disposable cups and plates.
Wow RemPhoto, by myself that would be a whole 6 showers which is a lot more than I expected.

Disposable cups/plates. I have been thinking that may need to be the route I go down. I cook using Cast Iron so the lack of water needed to wash them helps a lot in the conservation mode.

I have also started to consider the "don't dump toilet tissue in the tanks" to help limit the waste situation.

Appreciate the thoughts on the shower usage!
__________________
MsTara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:43 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member
 
aluminitus's Avatar
 
1962 24' Tradewind
Tucson , Arizona
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 251
Images: 14
Blog Entries: 7
Hi Tara,

That is so exciting! I assume this is your first rv...I would be happy to send you the list that I give to all of my first time Airstream customers! Also, the dealership I work for has a travel trailer towing class that can help take the nervousness out of towing. I only have one suggestion on your "things to get" list. The Blue Ox system has chains on it that are really a pain to get set for towing. Check out the Equalizer brand hitch...it does the same thing, it is just much easer to hitch up and unhitch from. Just my two cents

-Laura
aluminitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:02 PM   #26
Len and Jeanne
 
Len n Jeanne's Avatar
 
2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,158
What have you missed?

Champagne. (OK, OK, we like and can afford Freixenet extra-dry cava.)

Champagne flutes. (Riedel crystal makes a compact stemless version.)

Your favourite CDs.

Just for the first night out, mind you.

The emergency phone number of your AS sales or service person, so that when you encounter the inevitable moment of not knowing how something works, you've got someone to call right away. Remember, you're under warranty.

Happy trails to you.

Piggy Bank, thanks. Your Bambi seems to be working well for you.
__________________
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:26 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member
 
2017 16' Sport
Vernon , Arizona
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminitus View Post
Hi Tara,

That is so exciting! I assume this is your first rv...I would be happy to send you the list that I give to all of my first time Airstream customers! Also, the dealership I work for has a travel trailer towing class that can help take the nervousness out of towing. I only have one suggestion on your "things to get" list. The Blue Ox system has chains on it that are really a pain to get set for towing. Check out the Equalizer brand hitch...it does the same thing, it is just much easer to hitch up and unhitch from. Just my two cents

-Laura
Laura your list would be wonderful... tdsjunk @ gmail.com

This is the first I heard on the Blue Ox being difficult. Back to my research. I liked it because of the ability to back up, quiet and high ratings.

More research

Where is your dealership located? Love the idea of a trailer towing class.

Tara
__________________
MsTara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:31 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member
 
2017 16' Sport
Vernon , Arizona
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len n Jeanne View Post
What have you missed?

Champagne. (OK, OK, we like and can afford Freixenet extra-dry cava.)

Champagne flutes. (Riedel crystal makes a compact stemless version.)

Your favourite CDs.

Just for the first night out, mind you.

The emergency phone number of your AS sales or service person, so that when you encounter the inevitable moment of not knowing how something works, you've got someone to call right away. Remember, you're under warranty.

Happy trails to you.

Piggy Bank, thanks. Your Bambi seems to be working well for you.
Definitely champagne - love Perrier Jouet, but I think I will need to be on a budget 😋

Need to check out the champagne flutes!
__________________

__________________
MsTara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible new TV's coming soon and not so soon. Isuzusweet Airstream Trailer Forums 12 01-29-2016 09:45 AM
Intro from a soon to be new Airstream owner happycamper2 Member Introductions 8 02-14-2008 11:39 AM
Need Advice...Hope to soon be Airstream Owner blueiwahine Member Introductions 11 11-20-2007 03:56 PM
New Owner (soon) mffjm8509 Member Introductions 4 05-31-2007 05:45 PM
Owner soon I hope Airhead360 Member Introductions 3 07-08-2006 05:17 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.