Old 02-27-2015, 08:21 AM   #29
Rivet Master
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
That is an awesome little trailer. Does Oliver have factory tours?
Oliver is not a big operation like Airstream so they don't have tours like Airstream. However if you give Robert Partee at Oliver a call he will arrange a tour for you.

Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:46 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Another well insulated fiberglass trailer that is more conventional. Similar to AS 25RB.

2015 Bigfoot Bigfoot 25B25RQ Travel Trailer Boise, ID Nelsons RV

KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:05 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member
2015 25' International
Anacortes WA , Oregon
I had a Bigfoot (class C) for years. I was warm and cozy all winter long and loved it, (and, yes, it was warmer than my new AS). I gave up on the Bigfoot when I kept having truck trouble after 140k miles.

I have no doubt you'll love your new rig. Congratulations.
Oregon Ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:25 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Greer , South Carolina
Well, I finally got my video posted of my new Oliver. It's rather long, but there was alot to cover. Please have a look and leave a comment if you like.

Wincrasher's Travels: Video Review of the Oliver Legacy Elite II
wncrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:37 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
Wncrasher congrats on your Oliver. Looked at them a lot and loved them. So glad the economy improved and they were able to start production again.

Safe travels.

Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:54 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Thanks for taking the time to show us your Oliver.

You may want to install a fold up shelf next to your cooktop if you like to cook bacon so the splatter doesn't get on your bed. I did that in our Casita and it prevent splashes onto the bed and provided extra counter space. Maybe you can get a section of counter top to match and attach them to the supports.

We had a shower curtain in our Casita that kept water off the toilet and the area behind the toilet. It was on a rod over the door and the extra length was velcro to the ceiling between the shower and toilet. I also cut to shape Dri-Dek flooring for the shower pan so you could enter the shower area and not get your feet wet after taking a shower.

Check out the Casita forum for further info of these and other mods.

KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:31 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member
Charlotte , North Carolina
We liked our all aluminum CampLite and always admired Airstream campers. We sold our first travel trailer, all aluminum 2010 LivinLite CampLite 11 after purchasing the Oliver.

First saw an Oliver TT around 2010, liked them too, but at that time Oliver TTs were not being built.

We found a used 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull 075, for sale in Missouri April 2016. Already had an Oliver plant tour planned for Thursday of the same week. After the tour we headed to Missouri to take a look at the Ollie for sale that afternoon.

The owner had the Ollie set up on his farm with full hook up so we could check out systems and camp that night or longer on his farm so we could make up our minds about purchasing the Ollie. We purchased the Ollie the next day. Only factory options on this unit are fiber granite counter tops, LED reading lights, and quick disconnect LP gas connection for grill.

The Ollie has good road manners. Our Ollie ready to camp with empty tanks weighs in at about 4950 pounds (7000lb GVW) with tongue weight of 430 pounds. Have not used WDH or sway bar with our pickup. It's equipped with 5200 pound capacity Dexter axles with springs, shocks, and brakes on all four wheels. On the way home from Missouri a vehicle pulled out in front of us causing an emergency stop, and the rig stopped nicely.

Few photos:

rivet-rivet is offline   Reply With Quote