Old 02-25-2015, 04:46 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Greer , South Carolina
Pretty much it is list price. If you select a rather long list of options, he may cut you a slight break on an item.

Keep in mind you have to go and pick up your unit should you order one. That cuts out the delivery/shipping and PDI fees you'd pay at a dealer.

The unit you see in my pics I got for right at $50k. I have almost all of the available options.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:00 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by wncrasher View Post
Pretty much it is list price. If you select a rather long list of options, he may cut you a slight break on an item.

Keep in mind you have to go and pick up your unit should you order one. That cuts out the delivery/shipping and PDI fees you'd pay at a dealer.

The unit you see in my pics I got for right at $50k. I have almost all of the available options.
Thanks. That's what I figured. I had one of these ordered back in 2009 - it was the next trailer to go on the line and ended up being cancelled when they went into hibernation for a few years. They didn't offer much of a discount then. I've been to the factory in Hohenwald, TN twice. I'm full timing in a 25' FC - not sure I could cut down the stuff enough for one of these. Do like the trailer very much.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:55 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Sweet Rig!

I looked at your blog....nice camper man! Were I buying a new one, I'd look hard at that!

I have an Avion 34 footer (36 bumper to ball) that I've modified the wee out of. It's a pretty sweet rig with a stout frame and everything new on, but it sure isn't insulated like your rig is.

I think you chose wisely.

Rock On!
Old 02-25-2015, 06:13 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Fantastic blog with all the pics. I've enjoyed reading your posts in other RV forums about the Oliver process and your Travato.

Little bummed that the Elite II weighs so much, but it looks like it's built to last a very, very, very long time. I really like that floorplan.

Tom
Old 02-26-2015, 11:13 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

Minneapolis , Minnesota
Thanks for posting the review and pics! We're just starting to realize that retirement isn't that far away anymore and are thinking about snowbirding for a few years. Haven't decided on a trailer yet and this gives us something to think about. Curious what other trailers you considered before buying the Ollie.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:43 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Greer , South Carolina
Um, Airstreams? 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 02-26-2015, 01:57 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2010 20' Flying Cloud
Hailey , Idaho
this is a beautiful camper (other than the sewer hookup and 14"high, 5ft deep compartments). Looked through all the mouthwatering pictures waiting for your final line saying "will trade for an AS". Enjoy it. jon
Old 02-26-2015, 02:02 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Puyallup , Washington
we sold our FC 19 and will be going to a class C - winnebago view V model
Old 02-26-2015, 02:52 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Tonganoxie , Kansas
We picked up our Oliver in November, but only spent one night in it when we picked it up at the factory. They pay for one night at a local camp ground and help you get setup and then come out the next morning to see if any problems. Since we were one day away from almost zero weather, we took it back to the factory and they winterized it for us.
We were on this forum for 2 years or so, and tracked the price range for 1-5 year old trailers, when we seen a remark about molded fiberglass trailers, found the Oliver site and made the switch. We made the trip to the factory, and glad we did, you get to see close up the different stages of trailers being built. And you get a $750. credit on you purchase.
We still like the looks of a Airstream going down the road and the info we get on this forum. First shake down trip will be in 3 weeks to a COE campground in Arkansas. Can't wait.

Stan
Old 02-26-2015, 03:10 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
We had a Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe for a year and a half. Like the Oliver, it's an all fiberglass build. Like the Oliver, it's 7 feet wide.

We've been in Olivers, although not the 24.

The Oliver Legacy is an incredibly well appointed unit.

BUT…the extra foot in width in an AS FC 24 and the extra foot and a half in our current FC 25 is makes ALL the difference between the two.

The Oliver? Looks great!!

The FC 25? Looks great and is extremely comfortable.

Vive la différence!

http://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 03:29 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
That is an awesome little trailer. Does Oliver have factory tours?
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:11 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Greer , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by murreywalker View Post
We had a Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe for a year and a half. Like the Oliver, it's an all fiberglass build. Like the Oliver, it's 7 feet wide.

We've been in Olivers, although not the 24.

The Oliver Legacy is an incredibly well appointed unit.

BUT…the extra foot in width in an AS FC 24 and the extra foot and a half in our current FC 25 is makes ALL the difference between the two.

The Oliver? Looks great!!

The FC 25? Looks great and is extremely comfortable.

Vive la différence!
Yes, the FC is wider. If the Oliver wasn't shiny white inside, that narrow width would be a problem. With the mirrored doors, the windows and the white interior, it seem light and airy.

I did struggle with the idea of only being 7 feet wide. An 8 1/2' wide coach is nice sitting at camp. But when you are on the road, it's really nice to be narrow. At 7 ', you are no wider than the fenders on your pickup. So no worries about looking in the mirror to see if you are hanging over the lines or going to hit a mailbox on a country lane. Also, the trailer tires and the truck tires are on the same line, so if you miss a pothole with the truck, you also miss it with the trailer.

All RV's are tradeoffs I suppose. This one I'm OK with.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:41 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Tonganoxie , Kansas
It would be nice if the Oliver was another foot wider, for the extra room inside. I was kind of surprised when I got ours home and parked it next to my horse trailer to see the difference. But, it is what it is, and we are happy with it, and it's quite roomy compared to the pickup camper we had for 15 years.

Stan
Old 02-27-2015, 07:56 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Very nice looking trailer and great blog. Little small for our taste at least at this time. Two of us our Labrador and usually another along for training or foster.

Best of luck and great travels, thanks for posting.

paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote