Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
Should I carry an A-Bomb in my Airstream?

The neighbors have the bomb in their SOB now and boy are they really rubbing it in. Everyday they try to invite us over to see their shiny new 10 kiloton bomb (my buddy across the street said it looks more like a 5 kiloton bomb, but I refuse to give the neighbors the satisfaction of going to see it just so they can gloat). Needless to say my gun is paling in comparison.

Anyway, I really wanted a 30 Megaton H-bomb, but it looks like I'm going with a 25 kiloton A-bomb since the wife insists on a costly kitchen remodel this summer (with marble countertops nonetheless) this will keep me from upgrading the airstream to a thermonuclear device.

I have a couple questions here:

I'm wondering if I need a third axle to support the higher atomic weight, or will leaving my water tank half full make up for the addition of my nuclear device? What if I switch to a single 20lb LP tank too?

If I put the bomb in my bathroom (I have a rear bath) will it take up ALL of the shower, or will I still be able to sit on it and shower?

I'll towing with a Toyota tundra....that was not actually a question, just saying, that's what I'll be towing my A-bomb around with...

I'm trying to figure out a name for my atomic device (It's a she), any suggestions would help.
Eric H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance M
Too funny! Love it.

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Lance M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
"..... I have a couple questions here:

I'm trying to figure out a name for my atomic device (It's a she), any suggestions would help....."

I think you should name her "Marilyn" since she is a platinum blond bomb shell.
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
Ogden , Utah
Just an opinion - hold out for the H Bomb. This is one of those cases where if you can't do it right, better not to do it at all. You will regret settling for 2nd best. No one has ever complained about having too much power when it comes to Airstreams and towing (especially if you will be towing in the mountains). There are endless threads about settling for less power - trying to save a few bucks - and regretting for ever after.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4WD
RDM16CCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM16CCD View Post
Just an opinion - hold out for the H Bomb. This is one of those cases where if you can't do it right, better not to do it at all. You will regret settling for 2nd best. No one has ever complained about having too much power when it comes to Airstreams and towing (especially if you will be towing in the mountains). There are endless threads about settling for less power - trying to save a few bucks - and regretting for ever after.
This is exactly why we should skip the marble in the kitchen.
Eric H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
2007 Base Camp
Elk Valley , British Columbia
I'd add a supercharger to the Tundra...
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Be careful when you get up at night.
Dan
Old 05-12-2012, 01:08 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Sunset Beach , California
Way to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott J-24 View Post
"..... I have a couple questions here:

I'm trying to figure out a name for my atomic device (It's a she), any suggestions would help....."

I think you should name her "Marilyn" since she is a platinum blond bomb shell.
Hey Scott,
Love the name, but before you put the A-Bomb in the rear bath, check with AS, you don't want to bend the frame...

Cheers!
GinMame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:37 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
1962 22' Safari
Augusta , Georgia
In the spirit of Airstream do it yourself - stick with the A-bomb model and start carrying tritiated water in your water tank - this will boost the fission process durIng detonation giving H-bomb performance out of your A-bomb.
DGJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #10
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
H Bomb/A Bomb

A or H, matter of preference really. But what you may want to consider is a delivery system. I recommend one of the ever popular Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV). Could easily be mounted on top of the Airstream and launched from the cab of the Tundra with the push of a button. Then you have your own personal air support following you down the road and circling the campgrounds at night. You just never know what danger lurks around the next corner, right? I mean we saw raccoons one night that seemed to be as big as a small black bear. I would have launched if I had had the button! Scary times out there in the woods!
You will need to check laws in the individual states, and other countries that you may be traveling in, because I am sure they all differ in regard to Nuclear devices of mass destruction. I think that here in TX you just need to have a sticker on the window stating Nuclear Device On Board or something. I never actually looked it up though because I was quickly overruled and we went for the kitchen remodel instead. But I must admit, I am growing fonder of the marble countertops. It's just that....well...

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
if you're going to retain the vintage look i'd stay with the A-bomb. got any pictures? ;-)
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:46 AM   #12
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by richinny View Post
got any pictures? ;-)
Like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nuclear-bomb-explosion.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	158104  
Old 05-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #13
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up Atomic.....antiquated option.

-- CAMBRIDGE, MASS --

In a Gallup poll released today, Americans chose dilithium crystals as the "most likely" fuel to run future cars and power plants, with 84% of Americans choosing the crystals over other options including nuclear, hydrogen, corn ethanol, shale gas, and photovoltaic solar panels. Respondents indicated that dilithium crystals are popular for providing quiet, clean energy, with a proven track record of seven-hundred twenty-six episodes in four different Star Trek television series.

Bob
Old 05-12-2012, 06:45 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
I think that you are inviting a whole bunch of issues and that this thread could get out of control. I mean, have you considered:

- you may have to upgrade tires, just to handle the load, and who knows what they use at the local Air Force Base to transport one of these? Should you fill with nitrogen, what pressures, how to balance the running gear, and do you need 6,000 lb bars for the hitch?

- you may be underhitched, and the Tundra probably should be swapped for a semi tractor or at least a dually with a turbine engine ...

- what sort of sway control would be appropriate?

- does it need its own generator just to keep the trigger/detonator batteries charged up, or can you run a separate charge line from the tv's alternator and if so, how big a generator, and red or blue?

- can you boondock with one of those, and if so, for how long?

etc. This subject obviously is not for everyone - I wonder what the SOB set do about this issue, and whether the huge MoHos that always want to park next to you in commercial campgrounds are now carrying also? They've got more room, so maybe they're carrying multiple warheads? Oh, what to do?
AirsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #15
Certifiable

. , .
Fractional Ownership of a Death Star

Death Stars (DS) are battle stations several hundred miles in diameter mounted with a directed energy superlaser capable of completely destroying pert near anything you might need completely destroyed with a single shot.

Fractional ownership of a DS is really the only way to go nowadays in this economy. It's commonly known as a "time share". An individual or corporation pays an up front equity share for the cost of a DS, say 1/4 of the price, known in the industry as a "quarter share". The individual or corporation is now an equity owner in that DS and can sell their equity position if necessary. This entitles the new owner to 100 hours of fight time on that DS, or any comparable DS in the fleet. Additional fees include monthly management fees and incidentals like catering.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #16
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
If you eat a bowl of my antimatter chili, you won't need an A bomb, H bomb, or much else to clean out the campground. It's loaded with vitamin "F"...
Old 05-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
You might need a permit for that as well.
Did you upgrade the electrical system from 12v to the 1.21 gigawatt?
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
c_lewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Sometimes it's fun just to sit back and watch a thread.
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam
Sometimes it's fun just to sit back and watch a thread.
Just make sure you wear dark sunglasses
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
c_lewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post
Death Stars (DS) are battle stations several hundred miles in diameter mounted with a directed energy superlaser capable of completely destroying pert near anything you might need completely destroyed with a single shot.

Fractional ownership of a DS is really the only way to go nowadays in this economy. It's commonly known as a "time share". An individual or corporation pays an up front equity share for the cost of a DS, say 1/4 of the price, known in the industry as a "quarter share". The individual or corporation is now an equity owner in that DS and can sell their equity position if necessary. This entitles the new owner to 100 hours of fight time on that DS, or any comparable DS in the fleet. Additional fees include monthly management fees and incidentals like catering.
This is the newest timeshare owner in fact. What an opportunity to be part owner!