Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #81
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Original Defenses

It would seem that Airstream actually built in some defensive capabilities when the trailers were designed. We noticed this after coming under a full scale, prolonged, attack from a disgruntled Grandkid (part time Pirate) last winter. I believe we were able to withstand the brutal onslaught due to the original clearcoat finish. And the double paned windows! I worry about my fellow streamers that polish. I cannot be certain, but they may be compromising the defensive integrity of the Airstream. And while it looks good, is it worth the price to pay if you come under this type of attack?
Our first indicator that we were under attack was a pop, pop, pop sound coming off the outer hull. Penetration of the hull would have been a much worse way to be notified. Beware polishers....you never know what lurks in the parks!
And while defensive measures are good, offensive counter-measures are just as important. In this case, our trusty blue fly-swatter did the trick, but a photon beam would have worked just as well, and I would not have had to get up and go outside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Attack King.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	719.5 KB
ID:	161490   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dart Attack1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	563.6 KB
ID:	161491  

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #82
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805 View Post
It would seem that Airstream actually built in some defensive capabilities when the trailers were designed. We noticed this after coming under a full scale, prolonged, attack from a disgruntled Grandkid (part time Pirate) last winter. I believe we were able to withstand the brutal onslaught due to the original clearcoat finish. And the double paned windows! I worry about my fellow streamers that polish. I cannot be certain, but they may be compromising the defensive integrity of the Airstream. And while it looks good, is it worth the price to pay if you come under this type of attack?
Our first indicator that we were under attack was a pop, pop, pop sound coming off the outer hull. Penetration of the hull would have been a much worse way to be notified. Beware polishers....you never know what lurks in the parks!
And while defensive measures are good, offensive counter-measures are just as important. In this case, our trusty blue fly-swatter did the trick, but a photon beam would have worked just as well, and I would not have had to get up and go outside.
Ha! Were you cowering with fear inside the trailer at the time of attack?
Eric H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805 View Post

He looks to be related to the dreaded UMPA LUMPA clan. With a portable Photon Torpedo under your AC unit you could dispose of him rather quickly. You may have a large hole next to your AS and some buffing to take care off. ( this would be determined on how close the assailant is to your AS of course) but those UMPA LUMPA's are relentless. He will be back I am sure.

You could try an F-Bomb when he is sleeping. Then step outside for 10 or 15 min. This is the discrete method, and the UMPA LUMPA's fall for it every time. There so distracted with sleep

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #84
Rivet Master

2018 33' Classic
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlehosky
Hibby, did you get the ultra leather option on your new coach? I hope so. I know you're experienced, but you're getting older.

Dan
Dan,

I did get the ultra leather option! Originally, I was thinking of the kids and how much easier it would be to clean... Never occurred to me that I might be the one in diapers.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #85
Rivet Master

2018 33' Classic
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Fiamma has announced a retrofit package for the rear-mount bicycle rack that will hold four plasma torpedo units. Release date is July 4, I think....
Old 06-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #86
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
I'm glad you wrote that Hibby. The Adios Airstream is getting to serious for me.
Will it hold my bikes as well? Will it have a remote that I can actuate from my drivers seat as people annoy me on the road. I'm getting sick of all of the corporate talk on the Adios thread. It makes me feel like I'm back in business school. I need to have some fun here..

Dan
Old 06-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #87
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Dan,

You think this isn't serious? If you follow me too closely, you'll find out how serious it is.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #88
Rivet Master

2018 33' Classic
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlehosky
I'm glad you wrote that Hibby. The Adios Airstream is getting to serious for me.
Will it hold my bikes as well? Will it have a remote that I can actuate from my drivers seat as people annoy me on the road. I'm getting sick of all of the corporate talk on the Adios thread. It makes me feel like I'm back in business school. I need to have some fun here..

Dan
For the Fiamma rack,, at least for the moment, it's an either/or thing. You can't do bikes and bombs. However, I've requested this as a future upgrade.

I saw the title for the Adios Airstream thread and decided not to look at it. I assumed that it was negative. Unfortunately I seem to be one of the oddballs that has gotten a darn near perfect trailer.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #89
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Gene, I have a force field that is impenatrable. Your puny futile attempts would be futile.
dan
Old 06-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #90
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibby View Post
For the Fiamma rack,, at least for the moment, it's an either/or thing. You can't do bikes and bombs. However, I've requested this as a future upgrade.

I saw the title for the Adios Airstream thread and decided not to look at it. I assumed that it was negative. Unfortunately I seem to be one of the oddballs that has gotten a darn near perfect trailer.
Couldn't you just mount the bombs on the bike handlebars? I'm just sayin'

WBCCI 3805
Old 06-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #91
Rivet Master

2018 33' Classic
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805

Couldn't you just mount the bombs on the bike handlebars? I'm just sayin'
Not for the 50-megaton bomb. Perhaps some of the smaller ones would fit?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #92
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
I'm going the old fashion way for people behind me. I'm going to sharpen some 3 1/2 inch framing nails at both ends, then weld 3 together in the middle to form and nice jack.

Then fill a compartment under the rear bumper with a remote trap door.

I figure if you blow up that annoying person behind you all you see in your mirrors is a fire ball.

This way I get to see them skid all over the road, fly into the ditch, and flip over and over like in NASCAR.

I know it's rather demented, but everyone love to see the crashes in NASCAR, why not let other drivers enjoy the show too.

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #93
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
Vintage

Here's what I'm after with my atomic device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	161763  
Eric H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #94
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Oh yeah. That looks good . Proportional as well. Do you have any inventory yet?

Dan
Old 06-25-2012, 12:08 AM   #95
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
Anyway, I really wanted a 30 Megaton H-bomb, but it looks like I'm going with a 25 kiloton A-bomb since the wife insists on a costly kitchen remodel this summer (with marble countertops nonetheless) this will keep me from upgrading the airstream to a thermonuclear device.

I have a couple questions here:

I'm wondering if I need a third axle to support the higher atomic weight, or will leaving my water tank half full make up for the addition of my nuclear device? What if I switch to a single 20lb LP tank too?

If I put the bomb in my bathroom (I have a rear bath) will it take up ALL of the shower, or will I still be able to sit on it and shower?
Looks like you'll be able to sit on it...
or even...

SilverGate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #96
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Slim at his best. I have to watch this movie again...
Old 06-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #97
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
... and on a sunny day...

Old 06-25-2012, 01:03 AM   #98
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlehosky View Post
Gene, I have a force field that is impenatrable. Your puny futile attempts would be futile.
dan
Dan

Oh, so we have a Scylla and Charybdis situation?

Well, Greek mythology really doesn't give me the answer, so a few micrograms of dark matter will handle your "force field" quite easily. I thought of using an antimatter gun hidden in the fake tailpipe under the bumper compartment, but dark matter will just do fine.

No one will suspect me since dark matter is, well, dark, so no one will know where it came from. The "physicists" don't know what dark matter is, but there's a lot of it and it must be dangerous.

You can get it at any gas station by pressing the right combination on the keypad; it dispenses through that hose with the green handle. Just fill up a 5 gallon gas can with it and then load it into a herbicide sprayer and have your wife spray it out the rear window of the trailer at the so called "force field". I'd have her wear sunglasses because the fireball will be impressive.

Eric, your combination thermonuclear device/Airstream shows a bold imagination, though I am confused by your style decisions. I can see the influence of Buck Rogers' 1930's movies mixed with Wally's original Airstream design, but somewhere along the way it seems to have been diverted into an alternate universe. That alternate universe may be a suburb where you keep up with the Jones's by having old fashioned weaponry. Particle beams, force fields, and dark matter are the latest in gated community safety and establishing driveway dominance.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:12 AM   #99
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
Here's what I'm after with my atomic device.
Too funny. Is it silver? Cause if it is, it just sort of blends and no one would even notice it. Till it is too late of course...

WBCCI 3805
Old 06-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #100
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
... and are we responsible to what happens to us?