Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #15
Certifiable
 
mistral blue's Avatar
 
. , .
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,460
Fractional Ownership of a Death Star

Death Stars (DS) are battle stations several hundred miles in diameter mounted with a directed energy superlaser capable of completely destroying pert near anything you might need completely destroyed with a single shot.

Fractional ownership of a DS is really the only way to go nowadays in this economy. It's commonly known as a "time share". An individual or corporation pays an up front equity share for the cost of a DS, say 1/4 of the price, known in the industry as a "quarter share". The individual or corporation is now an equity owner in that DS and can sell their equity position if necessary. This entitles the new owner to 100 hours of fight time on that DS, or any comparable DS in the fleet. Additional fees include monthly management fees and incidentals like catering.

Death Star over San Francisco - YouTube
__________________

__________________
"IT'S A MAGICAL WORLD, HOBBES, OL' BUDDY... LET'S GO EXPLORING!" ~ CALVIN
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #16
Well Preserved

 
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 20,192
If you eat a bowl of my antimatter chili, you won't need an A bomb, H bomb, or much else to clean out the campground. It's loaded with vitamin "F"...
__________________

__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #17
Rivet Master
 
c_lewis77's Avatar
 
1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,084
Images: 22
You might need a permit for that as well.
Did you upgrade the electrical system from 12v to the 1.21 gigawatt?
__________________
1982 34' Limited
2000 Excursion V10 4x4
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
c_lewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #18
Rivet Master
 
Wayne&Sam's Avatar
 
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,099
Images: 21
Sometimes it's fun just to sit back and watch a thread.
__________________
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #19
Rivet Master
 
c_lewis77's Avatar
 
1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,084
Images: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam
Sometimes it's fun just to sit back and watch a thread.
Just make sure you wear dark sunglasses
__________________
1982 34' Limited
2000 Excursion V10 4x4
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
c_lewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #20
Rivet Master
 
soldiermedic's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post
Death Stars (DS) are battle stations several hundred miles in diameter mounted with a directed energy superlaser capable of completely destroying pert near anything you might need completely destroyed with a single shot.

Fractional ownership of a DS is really the only way to go nowadays in this economy. It's commonly known as a "time share". An individual or corporation pays an up front equity share for the cost of a DS, say 1/4 of the price, known in the industry as a "quarter share". The individual or corporation is now an equity owner in that DS and can sell their equity position if necessary. This entitles the new owner to 100 hours of fight time on that DS, or any comparable DS in the fleet. Additional fees include monthly management fees and incidentals like catering.
This is the newest timeshare owner in fact. What an opportunity to be part owner!

__________________
Streaming Soldiers Blog
soldiermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member
 
Mike91208's Avatar
 
2009 27' FB International
LA LA Land... , California
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott J-24 View Post
I think you should name her "Marilyn" since she is a platinum blond bomb shell.
I agree, but she's more of a plutonium blonde bomb shell...
__________________
Mike91208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #22
Rivet Master
 
tkasten's Avatar
 
1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 847
Images: 6
I would opt for a portable, shoulder fired, tactical nuke. That way I could launch from any window in my Safari. Neighbors with cheap generators beware!
__________________
Tim
TAC MI 14

Everyday is a Saturday
tkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #23
Rivet Master
 
Scott J-24's Avatar
 
2009 27' FB International
Los Angeles , California
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike91208 View Post
I agree, but she's more of a plutonium blonde bomb shell...
You are sooo correct!
__________________
Scott, Becky & Heidi (our standard poodle and travel companion)
WBCCI #1215
Air #54601

Remember... No matter where you go, there you are...

2009 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax, 5.7L V8, 4x4
Scott J-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member
 
Currently Looking...
Martinez , California
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 87
I personally prefer the nerve gas option. Lighter, cleaner, requires no changes to trailer. DO NOT TOW ANYTHING WITH A TUNDRA!!! All Japanese cars are equipped with a hidden self-destruct device, waiting for the Emperor to declare the start of "WW II, Episode 2 - The (Japanese) Empire Strikes Back."
__________________
Mr.Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member
 
Air-Texas's Avatar
 
2004 34' Classic S/O
Waldorf , Maryland
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bill View Post
I personally prefer the nerve gas option. Lighter, cleaner, requires no changes to trailer. DO NOT TOW ANYTHING WITH A TUNDRA!!! All Japanese cars are equipped with a hidden self-destruct device, waiting for the Emperor to declare the start of "WW II, Episode 2 - The (Japanese) Empire Strikes Back."
I think we already did WWII, the next one will be WWIII, but we will just call it the TROIS War for short
__________________
Mike, Miho &
Dallas the Bourbon Boxer

S/OS#069
TAC # TX-33
WBCCI #5702
AIR #60387
"Eva" 2004 Classic Limited 34' S/O
"Wall-E" 2012 Ford F250 King Ranch
Air-Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #26
Rivet Master
 
c_lewis77's Avatar
 
1982 34' Limited
Brunswick , Georgia
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,084
Images: 22
http://m.kotaku.com/5043774/inside-t...ut-3-airstream
__________________
1982 34' Limited
2000 Excursion V10 4x4
WBCCI #3321
TAC #GA-24
c_lewis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #27
Well Preserved

 
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 20,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkasten View Post
I would opt for a portable, shoulder fired, tactical nuke. That way I could launch from any window in my Safari. Neighbors with cheap generators beware!
A multiple shot grenade launcher would be better. Less radiation...
__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member
 
Eric H's Avatar
 
1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 457
Images: 9
I'm glad so many people found some fun in my community / nuclear standoff with my "Too cool for school" neighbor.

Some of you all were a lot of help, others..... well....let me just put it this way...

When I was seven I started saving up for a death star. Each and everyday, where did my lunch money go?? NOT to lunch or sustaining my young mind with the nutrients it needed to pass geometry and wood shop, NOOOO it went into a Jaba the Hut shaped piggy bank in order to one day get me one of them sweet sweet death stars...they would all pay for what they had done (nowadays I'm not sure what they had actually done, I just know they done it.). Anyway, once I learned that not only is a death star SUPER SUPER pricey, but you have to pay for it in money that does not exist on earth I smashed my Jaba and preceded to find the most backwards things to spend my hard starved lunch money on...that has lead to today...to airstreams...

I will address other points soon, but to all of those "precision guided" and "less fallout" folks; all I have to say is, as long as mine is bigger I should never need to use it (insert joke here).

But hey, even if I do use it.... I don't expect to escape the blast radius of my device, but at least I know my neighbors won't either!
__________________

__________________
Eric H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.