Old 09-18-2009, 07:02 AM   #71
1 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fulltimer, so...wherever road takes us! , On the road!
Am posting this from my brand new 2009 27FB Flying Cloud! I've been "on board" for 2 weeks today and am still elated! Turned in the Mercedes Wagon, got the Chevy Avalanche and picked up the AS! Have been busy setting up house and it's wonderful! The Pug and Bichon are thrilled, they love having the panoramic windows in the front and back and having their OWN BED. I got the twin bed model-so they have full 360.

I've never towed a trailer in my life and have been impressed by my fellow campers who are happy to help me with parking, and was complimented on my "backup skills!" It's a fast learning curve!

Just wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" to all of you who have weighed in on advice! Also a thanks to all of those folks out there posting wonderful advice...I've read it all and taken heed. Not sure I could have made such a good, informed decision without all this help!

I've been to Florida, Alabama and SC so far, and can't quit grinning!

Hope to see you on the road!
:-)

Old 09-18-2009, 07:34 AM   #72
2 Rivet Member

2008 19' International CCD
Spring , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW View Post
I recommend Tom K. at Camper Clinic II in Buda for sales, and Todd in service. Tom is laid back, low key, and IMHO will do a good job for you.

As far as service goes Todd is the guy I want working on my AS.

SRW
The guys in Buda are very good. I suggest you look around and out of state; especially Bates RV outside of Tampa; we ended up buying one there and we live in Houston. A dealer with a large selection in you size range really helps.

eleighj

Old 09-24-2009, 09:20 AM   #73
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
still runnin

........well since starting this post....bought 08 25fb safari se...wanted solar installed by dealer...dealer talked good deal but did not know squat...but turned out to be good thing....most dealers and their sales folks do not know doodley squat.... made two trips to ohio...via arkansas, tenessee, kentucky and lousiana and mississippi....ventured on the nachez trace... stopped at the boyhood home of kermit the frog...roasted pigs on the fouth of july in barnesville ohio....talked the sparing partner of 34 years into selling the house and going fulltimin ( and the dogs, two english cockers...love travelin)
went to first airstream rally (detoured to palo duro canyon first).....in santa fe ...great people and a great time.....saw the rio grande gorge near taos....took off for cloudcroft, white sands, fort davis...
so house is for sale...no takers yet....next week head to our second airstream rally in port aransas with the texas highland lakes unit....then thanksgiving we are headed back to the coast to explore the padre island national seashore and other areas around the coast...then...day after christmas...house sold or not we are going to the third airstream rally...the 4cu unit for new years eve in arizona...and then an extended trip for three months to points yet unplotted....big bend for certain and ......

in the interim did install solar panels, inverter and such...remodled bedroom ....replaced floor with hickory pergo...- like willie nelson..."just can't wait to get on the road again"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DV_0149.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	87638   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0206.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	87639  

Name:	IMG_0208.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	327.4 KB
ID:	87640   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0217.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	471.3 KB
ID:	87641  

Name:	IMG_0251.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	87642   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0267.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	327.3 KB
ID:	87643  

Old 09-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #74
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Good for you!! Glad you have gotten out there and your partner has decided to join you. Sharing those daily road experiences with someone you are close to is just the best!

Good luck with the sale of the house.

Have a great time, travel safe and keep us posted.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:51 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
'fisher, you've come a long way since last February when running away was a dream. Glad to see your sparing partner is with you and hopefully no sparing.

Gene
Old 09-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #76
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Kingfisher:

Those dogs are really good looking dogs. What breed of spaniel are they? I have springers and they look like mine, but the color of their coats are really unique.

Brian
Old 09-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #77
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothlorian View Post
Kingfisher:

Those dogs are really good looking dogs.
The women at the other end of the leash looks good too.

Gene
Old 09-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #78
4 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Malibu , California
Time is a wasting so hurry on along. Our country is beautiful, so much to see and enjoy. Move fast move slow but move along as time is ticking. Have fun streamin along the highways and you will be so happy you did it.
We like our 22 feet but we do not full time we just go out and about 1x a month.
We started streamin in January and have enjoyed all of our outings.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #79
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
dog is god spelled backwards

or as the bumper sticker says" dog is my co-pilot".....they are english cocker spaniles..."the glad companions"...they are great dogs and friends and traveling companions...."it's all good"...and down the road we go.....thanks to all...look for ole 2541 as we travel down the road and we'll look for youClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0282.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	480.7 KB
ID:	87753
Old 09-27-2009, 10:16 AM   #80
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Congratulations !!!!

Welcome to life on the road.

Look forward to our paths crossing one day.

On the road since 2000
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #81
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
[QUOTENext week head to our second airstream rally in port aransas with the texas highland lakes unit...[/QUOTE]

Kingfisher - Glad to hear you are joining up with the best WBCCI unit in Texas for a weekend rally on the coast!! You'll have tons of fun, but more importantly you'll meet some absolutely wonderful, caring folks. Illness keeps us home (outside Wimberley), but will look forward to meeting you & your sparing partner soon.