Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #21
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
It's a wonderful life!

I retired on November 2nd of last year and it is everything I hoped it would be and more.

We had a wonderful retirement party/rally and then spent 2 weeks in Hawaii. 5 rallies and 4500 miles (towing) later we are still making plans for the rest of this year.
Rich.

More HAWAII.

Great place to have great fun, without an Airstream, of course.

Mahalo.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2005 19' Safari
2005 19' Safari
new iberia , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
No bills, no income except SS, whole new outlook on life. My wife works 4 days a month and I will get a part time job and we will be better off financially than before I retired. No mortgage and a small retirement paid off the AS and truck. Scared to death because this means more AS time--hope to see some of you on the road. Gonna be a big attitude adjustment here. Thanks for listening,, jim
Well good luck, that sounds just like our life only a day are to different.We have some repaires to make to our 94 we just got and then down the road we go. Have fun.
stream lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Down the Shore , New Jersey
Way to go, Jim. Hope you have a long and healthy retirement.

We're planning a trip to Top of Georgia in April....maybe we'll catch you there.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi
No bills, no income except SS, whole new outlook on life. My wife works 4 days a month and I will get a part time job and we will be better off financially than before I retired. No mortgage and a small retirement paid off the AS and truck. Scared to death because this means more AS time--hope to see some of you on the road. Gonna be a big attitude adjustment here. Thanks for listening,, jim
Now remember to get yourself a "Retirement Clock" it is a clock that only has the second hand ticking...

Regards,

Reganzo
Reganzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #25
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
My wife and I retired about 11 years ago. We told ourselves we'd go until our knees gave out! Then we discovered arthroscopic knee surgery! Now, it looks like there is no limit.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Congrats to everyone here that is retired and all those on the verge!!! What a wonderful gift!!! Have an incredible ride with this new journey and all the adventures that lie ahead! May good health follow wherever you go and smooth roads lead you there!

Ciao for now!!
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Ah, Yosemite, Yellowstone and maybe Glacier this summer. With beds, stoves, ovens, showers,mattresses, refrigeraror, dvd. I am taking my tent to Goodwill Ihope someone uses it as much as we did. Wifey has 2months off so no rushing, I can't wait. I think the kids are a little peeved. BWA HA HA HA HA.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:54 AM   #28
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reganzo View Post
Now remember to get yourself a "Retirement Clock" it is a clock that only has the second hand ticking...
Forget the second hand. You need a "day clock" (Day Clocks) that just has one hand, to tell you what day it is.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
Don't get TOO excited about all the 'free' time to do what you want. 5 1/2 years now for me at it didn't take long before I realized HOW THE HECK I EVER HAD THE TIME FOR A JOB........for 50 years!

ENJOY.....ENJOY.

Neil
PRECISELY!!! Of course back then, we were much younger.
Time now to do for others with some volunteering and of course more time for "Streaming"!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlehosky View Post
Ah, Yosemite, Yellowstone and maybe Glacier this summer. With beds, stoves, ovens, showers,mattresses, refrigeraror, dvd. I am taking my tent to Goodwill Ihope someone uses it as much as we did. Wifey has 2months off so no rushing, I can't wait. I think the kids are a little peeved. BWA HA HA HA HA.
Yep, that's the way to do it.

Adult kids have an adjustment when we retirees take off without them.

One child was sure we wouldn't like this extended travel stuff, said "I give it a year." Ummm---wrong. 4 1/2 years and still going strong.

It is such an absolute gift to be able to pursue pleasures in retirement, something to be grateful for every single day and not take for granted for a minute. You never know what is around the corner.

Doug says if it was taken from us tomorrow, life wouldn't owe us a thing.

He's right.

Travel safe, all--

Maggie
Old 04-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
I'm a little late, but Congrats on retiring!

I pulled the plug in May of 2008- just months before the economic disaster. I'm so glad I didn't plan on putting it off until the end of that year- I probably would have been too scared and would still be working. I loved my jobs, but the past four have been the best of my life.

And I agree with FreshAir- there isn't enough time to do everything! I guess you can only fit so much fun into one day.

Enjoy!
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote