Old 04-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #29
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic Slideout
College Town USA , Virginia
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
Don't get TOO excited about all the 'free' time to do what you want. 5 1/2 years now for me at it didn't take long before I realized HOW THE HECK I EVER HAD THE TIME FOR A JOB........for 50 years!

PRECISELY!!! Of course back then, we were much younger.
Time now to do for others with some volunteering and of course more time for "Streaming"!

In dog years, I'm dead!
ZoominC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #30
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Originally Posted by danlehosky View Post
Ah, Yosemite, Yellowstone and maybe Glacier this summer. With beds, stoves, ovens, showers,mattresses, refrigeraror, dvd. I am taking my tent to Goodwill Ihope someone uses it as much as we did. Wifey has 2months off so no rushing, I can't wait. I think the kids are a little peeved. BWA HA HA HA HA.
Yep, that's the way to do it.

Adult kids have an adjustment when we retirees take off without them.

One child was sure we wouldn't like this extended travel stuff, said "I give it a year." Ummm---wrong. 4 1/2 years and still going strong.

It is such an absolute gift to be able to pursue pleasures in retirement, something to be grateful for every single day and not take for granted for a minute. You never know what is around the corner.

Doug says if it was taken from us tomorrow, life wouldn't owe us a thing.

He's right.

Travel safe, all--

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #31
Rivet Master
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
I'm a little late, but Congrats on retiring!

I pulled the plug in May of 2008- just months before the economic disaster. I'm so glad I didn't plan on putting it off until the end of that year- I probably would have been too scared and would still be working. I loved my jobs, but the past four have been the best of my life.

And I agree with FreshAir- there isn't enough time to do everything! I guess you can only fit so much fun into one day.

Wayne&Sam is online now   Reply With Quote