2008 27' International CCD FB
Petaluma , California
Hear hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Old 03-03-2015, 07:52 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
This subject will be debated until the end of time. There is no right or better, only YOUR preference.
We had 3 RB's (29';30';28') all great rigs...
We now have a smaller (25') FB, love it !!
We have a micro and an oven as I bake a lot.
Our split bath is wonderful. Even though we have the accordion door, we find it even easier to just open the closet door & the BA door on each other, closing off the LR area, which makes a BA suite. We installed a mirror on the inside of the BA door for viewing while dressing. Lots of room to move from shower to BR to BA side w/o being squished into the side full BA. We like our BA. I do not want to be running from a shower house getting cold.
We have no problem making the bed.
We enjoy sitting having a meal and watching the birds, water, mtns, forests, wildlife or whatever out the rear windows.
AS I said earlier, everyone has their favorite and each rig has its benefits.
It is YOUR choice and whatever you get you will love.
So just do it and get camping!
Safe Travels!

Old 03-03-2015, 08:11 AM   #45

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I, wholeheartedly agree, it all boils down to your individual preference. It could also depend upon a certain unit being available in a very lightly used condition or a new unit with the colors and options that you prefer.

Both provide excellent Airstreaming possibilities.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:11 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
I liked the note about the door location. This is not something I thought about when we bought our RB, but I definitely have noticed it is much more convenient for us to have the door at the front of the trailer. It means we don't have to traipse past all our stuff when getting in and out of the trailer AND we are away from the neighbors sewer!

We spent a lot of time walking through 23/25 FB/RB before settling on the 25RB. But I would have been happy with any of the ones we looked at. I think you grow into these things, as time is going by we are getting better at understanding how to live with our AS.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:24 AM   #47
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Cary , North Carolina
Hi ...I'm new to the forums even though I have owned two airstreams . We have had the 28RB and now have a 27FB . A couple of differences we noticed were that the table seems larger in the FB , probably because it is across the back of the trailer instead of over the wheel and also there is more space in the kitchen area . My husband constantly made me get out of the way when I was trying to cook in our RB airstream so he could get to the bathroom or bedroom but with the FB there is plenty of space to walk by someone washing dishes or cooking . Also I never liked the micro wave convection oven near the floor . I had to bend over to try to see the control pad on the microwave . In the FB I have a small slide out microwave and a oven which I really enjoy . I would also like to point out the larger wardrobe in the 27FB and the night stands on either side of the queen bed . My husband says the only downside is the outside storage is harder to access on the front of the trailer than the back but he has gotten used to it . No matter which floor plan you end up with both have their advantages and disadvantages ! You will love whatever you get ! The longer I own a airstream the more obsessed I get over pouring over maps and planning future road trips ! Can't wait for this bad weather to END ! Ha !

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 03-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #48
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
I use those same Ikea folding hooks on the wardrobe door right outside the shower. they are perfect for a towel and clothes.

Brian
Hi Brian....was wondering if those Ikea hooks come with screws? If so or you bought new screws, what is a good length of screw? Thanks. Don
Old 03-03-2015, 12:22 PM   #49

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Hi Don,

The folding hooks did not come with any screws.

I measured the thickness of the wardrobe door (3/4"). I took the folding hook to the hardware store and found a stainless steel screw that sat down into the hole completely. The actual threads on the screw are about 1/2" deep.

These hold the hook well without coming through the inside of the wardrobe door.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1425406903995.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	233497  
Old 03-03-2015, 01:34 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
After 3 RB trailers when we got the FB, the first few times I went in, I continued to go to the old location of the door. My husband did the same w the exterior storage.
That is long passed. Regarding location of the door when stopped, I always make sure we have plenty of room to enter/exit easily.
We love this rig.
As I said earlier, it is time to buy.....lots of used available, and of course lots of new.
Check out the classifieds here for more info on availability. You might consider a slightly used rig, where all the punch list has been done by the previous owner.
Many of us have had more than one rig, you can always change to something different.
Spring is coming, camping season is here...time to get a rig and get camping.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:57 PM   #51
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Saw a new 2015 25RB Twin today. I REALLY LIKE IT. Tha amount of storage in the bedroom area is quite a bit more than my Classic 25FB Queen. The Flying Cloud cabinets are deeper than my hickory cabinets plus you get another set of cabinets over the curbside bed. Plus the storage under each bed. The one under the curb bed is deep. Nice large center nightstand drawer is a bonus.

Even though the shower floor has the wheel well all the way across there is enough foot space to face the shower head without my shoulders hitting the shower door. I loved the extra room in the bathroom.

Nice to have the microwave above the fridge. I wish it had the convection option.
I hope that is still available.

Even though the front living area didn't have the same length side couch as the 25fb it was more than enough and not having the second side window of the 25fb made the living area feel a little more cozy. Like the upper cabinets of the bedroom the cabinets over the kitchen and dinette are taller and a little deeper than my Classic's cabinets.

Luckily this unit was sold otherwise I'd be in big trouble with DW. It had only been on the lot for 4 days. The MSRP was $77820 and the salesman said it went for $63k which is almost 20% off MSRP.

Kelvin
Old 03-07-2015, 06:54 PM   #52

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
That was a really good price.

Brian
Old 03-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #53
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
they have other 2015 models on the lot sitting there since 2014; a couple of 16s, a Sport 22, FC 20, and 23d International. Looks like their hottest seller is the 25 twin. They had one late summer last year and it sold fast.

Kelvin
Old 03-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #54

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
It is truly interesting how things change. When the first Safari 25FB was introduced in 2005, Airstream buyers did not seem to want them. They were very poor sellers.

Old Lucy was one of these very early 25FB's. As a matter of fact, she was one of the first ten produced. Her entrance door was hinged at the rear and opened into the awning arm. We found out lated at the Factory that only the first ten units were produced that way before they switched the door hinge to the front side of the door.

We found Old Lucy unsold at Sanders Airstream in North Florida. She had been languishing on their lot for sixteen months. She was a really good deal, and we bought her. Old Lucy was a queen bed configuration which was all that was originally offered.

Now 25FB's and RB's are the hot ticket.

Brian
Old 03-14-2015, 04:08 PM   #55
1 Rivet Member

Minneapolis , Minnesota
Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond! We have enjoyed reading about everyone's opinions on the subject, particularly from those of you that have owned both types.

We're surprised by the number of responses from people that have owned multiple trailers as we have yet to buy our 1st, but I suppose that is another subject to be investigated and thread to start.

I expect there will be about 50% opinion along the lines of "whatever floats your boat" and "only you can make this decision" and "there is no right or wrong".
Old 03-15-2015, 07:13 AM   #56
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
As an observation in the current Airstream 2015 catalog, in all models except the 23FB, the toilet facilities and bedroom are at the end opposite to the entrance door thus requiring passage by the kitchen area.

If we knew then (acquiring the 2013 International 25FB) what we know now (Monday morning quarterbacks get it right every time), we could have acquired the 27FB International and still be using that as there would not have been the issue for us of the bed orientation. Taking it a step further, we would have ordered one with twin beds as we like the storage and usability for us.

We did order a 27FB Classic with twin beds. We decided to spend the extra $3,048 to move to the 31' Classic model 30 with twin beds and be done with the "two foot longer issues" and avoid the severe financial penalty of trading in vs the ordering upgrade charge.

We have thus experienced both front and rear bedroom models and are very pleased with our Classic.

Airstream is like Baskin-Robbins with 37 flavors of ice cream, there are many floor plan models and trim levels to choose from, so there is at least one that will "speak" to every customer.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote