Old 03-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member
2011 34' Classic
Sebring , Florida
I don't know what we are going to do, but it seems like it is getting harder and harder to get a campsite at the spur of the moment here in Florida......even in the summer!

David, Debbie, Jenna-Leigh
and our 2 dogs....
Meg and Rudy!
megandrudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #30
Rivet Master
2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Originally Posted by megandrudy View Post
I don't know what we are going to do, but it seems like it is getting harder and harder to get a campsite at the spur of the moment here in Florida......even in the summer!

You are absolutely right about this!

Let the good times roll!! Laura
Remax gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Garden Valley , Idaho
We had some friends that had a large acreage in the mountains and made a deal with them. We paid for the 30 amp service, concrete pad and sewer hookup. We used it whenever we wanted and after 6 years it's still one of our favorite spots. Come and go when we want and when we aren't there, they have some of their relatives and other friends stay there in their RV's.
2008 F-250 4X4 Lariat V-10
2002 Airstream Classic 30' w/SO #2074
2007 Kubota 900 RTV
1996 Ford Bronco
2007 Lincoln LT
pappy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Moderate Hijack

If you're looking for an Airstream to PARK, here's a possibility:

I noticed the other day that Colonial Airstream had a salvage title 30 ft Serenity 2013 on e-bay.

I was very pleased to note that they recommended it be used only on a permanent site because of the damage. Some of the ribs were bent. I'd GUESS that panel replacement would run about 16K. One whole side got sideswiped by a tree. That one COULD be patched but replacement might run $10K. It MIGHT be left alone if it doesn't leak, but it looks sad.

What really impressed me was that they priced it reasonably and would NOT sell it as good for road use. It's refreshing after seeing so many advertised with total lies about what it would cost to repair, and never even suggesting that it would never really be safe on the road because of frame and body issues.

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote