Old 02-20-2015, 11:55 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Washington , Utah
Options

Ask your dealer for a copy of the order sheet for your particular model of interest. It will have the available options and the MSRP for those items. Common options are: awning package, dual air conditioners (for larger models), power awning, microwave / oven options, ultraleather, solar, and inverter.

Also a dealer may have already ordered a unit for their inventory which is waiting to be built and can still be modified saving you some wait time.

Ron

Old 02-21-2015, 07:02 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
We ordered ours over the phone LONG STORY, had dealings with two different dealers. I had the sales person pull up his order sheet and go through every standard item as well as every option and we ordered from that. Order came in exactly as we had ordered it.

As an aside to dealers vs direct. Having run a company for a while where we utilized dealers, distributors and factory direct stores MOST manufacturing companies with brains prefer to use dealers and distributors. The main reason is economic - as a manufacturer if I move a product to a company store, it is still my product and as such part of my companies inventory - it's not a sale and must be carried on the books. However, if I sell to a dealer/distributor the minute it rolls our of the plants gates its a sale, off our books and inventory and on to the dealer/distributors books - it's a sale, whether it has a real home or not it goes into the dealers inventory. So, by utilizing this network of partners we would increase our turns and move more units than by utilizing company stores only. I loved dealers/distributors, my board, however, like to think they had control by having the corporate name on the front door and owning the company owned sales and service facilities. We parted ways as friends - I retired.

Enjoy the experience.

Bud

paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:11 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Bud (paiceman),

Which dealer did you end up using when ordering your AS? And approximately how long did it take from time of order to delivery?

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2015, 07:42 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2015 19' Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB International
Dayton , Ohio
I just ordered a Flying Cloud from our local mid-sized dealer in Ohio. They said we could get it as a 2015 in April or wait until the factory expansion was finished and get it as a 2016 in the middle of May. We also talked to a big dealer in CA that has a lot more factory slots and they said we could get a 2015 by the end of March which would have been about 8 weeks from when we ordered. The factory capacity will go from about 50/month to about 75/month after the expansion is complete.

Also we asked about special ordering Espresso Ultraleather for our Flying Cloud, since the standard colors were black or cashew. The Airstream rep said they would do it, but for the same up charge as ordering the whole Serenity trim.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:11 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
Bud (paiceman),

Which dealer did you end up using when ordering your AS? And approximately how long did it take from time of order to delivery?

Thanks!
Bob

Airstream of Western PA, for reasons I sent you a PM about.

Good Luck

Bud

paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote