Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-23-2017, 08:57 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Congrats on the new AS!!!

I had that squeaking, here's what I do and it's great. I use those pads you mention. No grease at all in the square hole for the bars. I grease the top and bottom of the square bar holder (outside the hole). My bars never have grease on them.

The main culprit for me is the hitch ball and coupler. If that is not greased, it will creak when parking. When greased its silent.

Have fun now with all the mods you have been reading about waiting for the rig to Arrive! They add up quick!
Old 09-24-2017, 03:47 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2020 26' Flying Cloud
Belgrade , Montana
Congratulations, Mollysdad!!! I am very excited for you and it's great news that Irma didn't pose any serious issues. I'm envious because the 26U is our target AS when we are able to pull the trigger in a couple years. Don't know if I can wait that long!

I look forward to seeing you at Alumalina next month and getting a tour of your new baby!

Travel safely.

Bill
Miss Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:49 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Indianapolis , Indiana
Congratulations!

Congratulations on your new baby!

My brother gave us a good thing to remember as we started to count up all the extra$. He said: Remember, the Airstream is just the beginning! And he is right. But all these extra things really do help make living the Airstream lifestyle a joy. Slow down and enjoy the ride and we will see you on the road!

Susan
Indianapolis, IN
SusanFleck is offline   Reply With Quote