Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2014, 04:14 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
2022 28' International
2015 27' FB International
Des Allemands , Louisiana
Newbie here....

This seems like a very informative place to be. We ordered our Airstream and expect it to be delivered in March. Just wanted to say hello......I have been a lurker for awhile.

I would like to give a shout out to Brent Rudd at Airstream who helped us so much. Thanks Brent!!!
AraExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Greetings AraExpress¡

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Airstreaming.

I am sure that you will find the 27 foot coach to be a very comfortable coach with a good compromise between size, comfort, and maneuverability.

Enjoy planning for the arrival of your new rig.

Keviin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Brent, Welcome to the Airstream family.

Since you are new, it is customary that all Newbie Airstream owners lend their trailer to a one, two, three, four or five rivet member. It is to make sure that after a month that everything... checks out. Many of us have a list of food to stock and... refreshments needed for this road test.

So, do not be bashful. We are not, at all. But welcome. Have a sense of humor and ask questions. You will love your Airstream as much as we all do. And if you are not sure where to go on your first trip... read the thread about Independence Pass, Colorado outside of Aspen. Don't do it. Other than that... the roads are dry and plenty wide.

Good luck and we all want to hear how your first trip works out. All of it. Do not hold back, we will fill in the small details for you.
Ray Eklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
2022 28' International
thank you overlander.....and also Ray. Ray, would you like me to throw a few fine cigars in with it!!! LOL......

Thanks for the great big welcome....although I now realize I posted this in the wrong place.

AraExpress........(Brent is the guy at Airstream)

We can't wait to get our Airstream!!!!!
Old 12-22-2014, 07:02 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
AraExpress,

Welcome to the forums. I know you're quite a distance from Ohio, but Airstream offers a factory tour. I'm not sure if you can get your build date, but you might be able to see some of the fabrication of your unit?

Best wishes,

Roy and Marie
64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
2022 28' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64airstream View Post
AraExpress,

Welcome to the forums. I know you're quite a distance from Ohio, but Airstream offers a factory tour. I'm not sure if you can get your build date, but you might be able to see some of the fabrication of your unit?

Best wishes,

Roy and Marie
Thank you Roy and Marie. We received frustrating news yesterday. Our baby won't be born until early April and we expected her in March.........delays our plans to get on the road early spring....

We did purchase our tow vehicle though (yesterday) so we will have time to get used to it!!!
Old 12-23-2014, 03:30 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Hi AraExpress. I envy your decision to acquire a new 27 foot Airstream. Congratulations and I hope to park next to you someday at some park. It is unusual to have two Airstreams parked next to each other by chance. We Airstreamers had good conversations during our stay. You will find these Air Forums very informative and lots of fun. You can read up on all things Airstream while you wait delivery of your new one.

My wife's folks bought a new Airstream in 1986 and traveled all over this country with it. They were WBCCA members and particularily enjoyed the Airstream caravans. They met a lot of fine folks on these trips. Now 28 years later we are using the same Airstream in our retirement and plan on doing some serious traveling. You better plan who might be using your Airstream 30 or 40 years from now because they will last that long. And don't be disappointed when folks don't recognize your trailer as a new one. Airstreams have had roughly the same appearance since the 1980s.

Don't be surprised if you learn of more delays in the manufacture date down the road. Be patient. My tow vehicle was delayed 4 weeks longer than I was told. Airstream is building at a record pace right now and your trailer has thousands of parts in it. Just be patient, it is worth the wait to get the exact trailer you want.

I once toured the Jackson Center factory. It was a lot of fun for me, especially since I spent my career working in factories. The antique, or vintage trailers in their parking lot were quite interesting. And the Service Center is top notch by my experience.

I caught the bug so bad I'm restoring a 1966 Airstream. I believe it will be ready for another 48 years of traveling fun.

Get ready for the adventures that will surly come.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409 Airstream Neighbor at KOA.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	478.7 KB
ID:	229110  
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:25 PM   #8
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AraExpress View Post
Thank you Roy and Marie. We received frustrating news yesterday. Our baby won't be born until early April and we expected her in March.........delays our plans to get on the road early spring....

We did purchase our tow vehicle though (yesterday) so we will have time to get used to it!!!
Sorry to hear about the delay on your delivery. Very frustrating I'm sure. But before you know it you'll be streaming. I haven't purchased an AS yet but getting close.

It sounds as though you ordered you AS directly from the factory. Is that correct?

Just curious which TV you purchased?
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote