Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2015, 05:30 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Orange , Texas
New to Airstreaming need advice!

My husband and I are looking into buying our first Airstream. I would like the input of the group on what year and model of trailer that we could pull with an F150 it would need to be 25-30 feet. We have had other kinds of trailers and trucks but we would really like to stick with a 1/2 ton. We will most likely get one that is between 2005-2010. I'm willing to go older if we can find one that is light, roomy and in great shape. The eighties and nineties models seem to be very heavy. I'm not sure what makes them so heavy as opposed to the older models from the 50 - 60's. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
JaneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
Welcome....your best bet is to use the search function. There are a ton of info about toe vehicles here

You Tube Channel "Airstream Nerds": https://www.youtube.com/airstreamnerds

Find Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AirstreamNerd/
AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:44 PM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Airstreams got wider and taller in several iterations between the 50s and the 90s, plus got a lot more features, bigger tanks and somewhat different structure.

There are 9 people in my WBCCI unit towing various Airstreams with F150s. I have my vintage 24' Argosy, and others range from a shinyTiny '48 WeeWind to an '03 Classic 30'er. My pickup is an '07 with a 5.4, most of the rest are running newish trucks with the 3.5L Ecoboost. There are also a couple of Tundras and RAM 1500s. These are people who travel a fair amount, all across Texas and into The West.

You can expect to receive other opinions, but I'm satisfied with my half-ton experience and am likely to eventually replace it with another half-ton.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote