Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
New purchase at Colonial Airstream

About three weeks ago I took my 34' Limited to Colonial Airstream in Lakewood NJ for a repair on a leaking vista view window. When I dropped it off, I told them I wasn't using the trailer until march, and I went home to wait for their call. In the meantime my wife and I started looking at the classifieds on the forums for a newer to us used trailer to see what upgrading years would cost.

Well we found several units that we liked, and on a whim I looked at what Colonial had on their web site. I ran across the 2006 34' classic limited with SO and was smitten, and made an appointment to see the trailer. Last Monday I met Patrick at colonial and toured the trailer. I was again smitten and made another appointment for my wife to see it with the slide open. Our appointment was for 11 am last Tuesday. We got there and Patrick had it all ready, even had the heat on and we spent the better part of 90 minutes checking out the unit.

Long and short of it we made an offer plus our trailer as a trade, and we were able to come to terms, and we are the proud owners of a 2006 classic limited 34' SO. I was very happy with attention to detail Patrick Botticelli gave to the whole experience. We are picking up our airstream on Valentines Day, what a great Valentines celebration.

Regards,

Reganzo
Reganzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
Congrats! A happy story, for sure. Of course, you couldn't have had a case of 2'itis, since you already had a 34!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
Congrats on your new 34' SO. I try to avoid stepping in the ones at the dealer and convince myself that the LED upgrade i want to do, is cheaper than buying something newer than the 72.

But a couple of times when sitting inside a 2011 or 2012 Flying Cloud or Classic with both presenting new leather, great views and the floor plan that flows, purchasing a newer one is not only tempting but also about 35 more years of Airstreaming, just like the 1972 has provided in its 41 years of service.

One of these days, I may be posting a very similar post and I quote; "Long and short of it we made an offer plus our trailer as a trade, and we were able to come to terms, and we are the proud owners". Again, congrats and we know you will enjoy it.

SL4BLLT
SL4BLLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2011 34' Classic
Sebring , Florida
We "did it" back in November...the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Traded in our 1982 30' Avion for a 2011 34' Airstream. Same kind of deal....just surfing the sites and came upon this beautiful silver 'stream. Bought it and have not looked back.....in fact, we are looking forward to all the trips we have planned this summer alone.....Bahia Honda, Yellowstone, Disney....etc.

Congratulations.....you'll LOVE it!!!
megandrudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
Thanks for the good thoughts, I am a proud Airstream owner and look forward to the adventures that are ahead of us with the new trailer. I will remember my first Airstream fondly, and the experience forever changed me and my wife for the better. 14 years ago she had a stroke that left her paralyzed on her right side and unable to speak. She didn't let it stop her, and we spent two years in our first 34 footer touring this great country of ours.

My hope is that the new 34 will light the fire and we get to go for another two or three...

Regards,

Reganzo
Old 02-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
2022 Atlas
Homosassa , Florida
Reganzo, that is a great story and sounds familiar as my wife and I did something similar a few months back. On a smaller scale though. I hope you and your wife enjoy the heck out of your new AS and live life to it's fullest.
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Providence , Rhode Island
Congrats to everyone. When & if I am ready to get my Airstream, I am sure ill get it from Colonial. I am on their website all the time & only read & hear great things. Happy travels.
BorninRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Congrats to all the new owners, I did the same brought my 2005 Safari SS in for repairs and walk out with a 2012 (New) International Serenity. Pick her up in 2 weeks. Airstreams get into your blood.

Reganzo, I hope you fire burns bright for many years to come. Airstreams and the lifestyle associated with them can do wonders for people and relationships. We are on our 3rd unit and each one has done something to improve my life and bring about shared family experiences that I know I would of never had had I not decided to buy my first Airstream.

Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB Classic
Clermont , Florida
Congrats to all as well.

Jim Clark -- we went in and dropped our 2006 Safari for service, and ended up buying a new 2013 27FB Classic Limited.

We had called Pat and he had the two models we wanted to look at.

We pulled the trigger knowing that we will get years out of this coach before I retire, and will take the Classic on the road for some extended trips when the time is right.

Got a couple of trips planned already. We pick her up next week.

2013 27 FB Classic Limited
2019 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.7L Diesel
WBCCI 03288 TAC PA-17
tkowalyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
[QUOTE=

Reganzo, I hope you fire burns bright for many years to come. Airstreams and the lifestyle associated with them can do wonders for people and relationships. We are on our 3rd unit and each one has done something to improve my life and bring about shared family experiences that I know I would of never had had I not decided to buy my first Airstream.

Picked up the new to us 34 classic ltd, and the urge to hit the road grows ever stronger. We are happy with our decision to purchase a newer Airstream , and to be able to stay with the 34 foot plus add a slide out is the cherry on top. I booked our first trip for the middle of April to Myrtle Beach, yipeeee!

Jim, our fire has been kindled !!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Reganzo
Old 02-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark View Post
Congrats to all the new owners, I did the same brought my 2005 Safari SS in for repairs and walk out with a 2012 (New) International Serenity. Pick her up in 2 weeks. Airstreams get into your blood.

Jim
Yep, I think that the disease is worst near Valentine's Day ... a new one followed us home, too ...
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Providence , Rhode Island
Congrats to everyone. Thanks for sharing your stories.
BorninRI is offline   Reply With Quote