Old 11-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #29
Rivet Master
1990 25' Excella
Sisters , Oregon

I actually taunt my OCD sometimes. I restore my cars to a #1 level then drive them to a #2 level. A month before my '67 Porsche Rallye build won best in class in the Concours on the Avenue in Carmel I raced it on the track at Portland International Raceway. You probably know how maniacal they are about *clean* at concours events. That was a fun challenge - they get dirty on the track. As it turns out I'm a better detailer than driver.

John & Vicki
WBCCI #4291

Grown men don't need leaders. ~ Edward Abbey
John&Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #30
Rivet Master
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Hanalei, /Chino Valley , Hawaii / Arizona
Can't speak to your skill as a driver, but your cred as a detailer is certainly Bourne.out by the pics of your cars, especially the polished finned underside of the 356 block WOW NICE. Fanatical, but nice
I'm stoked to hear of your using these pristine cars, as many that nice become trailer queens, good on ya!

I'm also into Porsche cars a bit. Just to the extent of trying to keep two driver 911SCs running well on Kauai , which is mostly a DIY effort.

Are you on the Pelican forums also? That is my other online community.

I have recently joined in here as a new owner of a 345 motorhome, picked up in south Fla. a couple of weeks ago, now in New Mexico on the way to northern AZ. Perhaps we will cross paths in the SouthWest.

I'm sure I won't face the challenges you are wondering about, as looking nice, running well and fun are good enough for me.

There sure is a lot of country out there to explore :-)

Cheers Richard

tevake is offline   Reply With Quote