Old 06-25-2016, 08:01 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Southlake , Texas
Multiple Airstreams?

We only have one, but quite often the signatures show multiple Airstreams-a 2015 this, a 2012 that and a 2008 some other. What do you do with so many Airstreams?

2016 Flying Cloud 26u
2006 2500HD Duramax 4x4 with all new injectors
Equalizer Hitch
Banks 6-Gun
Southlake, TX
Bgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:06 AM   #2
Overland Adventurer
1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
Shine them up.... look at one while sitting in another!

AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:06 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . insure them, clean them, pay to store them, buy stuff to fix/upgrade them, & worry about them some ! We're down to one new one, so it's pretty quiet around here ! Actually, heading North soon to escape the heat. . . regards, Craig
WBCCI 2851,4CU
RamblinManGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:08 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
If you are referring to the avatar where the member's screen name appears, you will often see several Airstreams listed. Sometimes these are Airstreams that the member has had in the past, but has only one now. In my case, I list the three Airstreams that we have had over the years in my avatar. In my post signature, only the current Lucy is listed.

Also consider that there are members her that have more than one airstream right now. Some have a current and a vintage, Some have a large and a small for different types of camping.

SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:47 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
Multiples? Like this.

So our story is, we wanted a Vintage model and bought the second one we looked at locally for a great price. It has a salvage title and a big dent with no perforation in the right rear top corner. It was rough but what did we care we had Airforums. It is partially furnished. Without a dedicated budget we bumbled along wondering what to do first and in what order. So I was set against dismantling it, probably should have, but I was afraid it would sit disassembled and we'd still be tent camping.

So safety and roadworthiness came first with a general cleaning. We had belly pan removed and gray tanks put on. We're told Axles were good, because they looked good, they were not. Belly pan back on oops. Came off again when we put new Axles on.

So we camped in it. We talked about plans, read lots of Airforums and remembered some of it.

Then as I was perusing the classifieds I saw an add and passed it over due to no pictures, price and not well written. A couple of days later I read the add again and did the math on all the repair items already done. The math added up to a fair price.

We contacted the seller and it went well and lo and behold we drove to CA had a second unit. Why, who knows, didn't need it, weren't done with the first one but here we are. Oh I might add we had no official place to park either. We were temporarily borrowing a friend's side yard due to HOA.

The second unit is empty inside but has had shell off, with tanks, new wiring, windows and nice straight body with the work done by a professional shop. Plus we have all the innards in storage.

Oh and then we bought a new slightly older money pit house with a great big driveway to park them in. And we camp on both. We use camping stoves, futons, and lawn chairs.

We were supposed to sell the first one when we brought home the second one but seems were sentimentally attached to the first one for now. Oh and if a Vintage Bambi becomes available in my birth year for next to nothing there will be three.

Sorry for the long story.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1466914256761.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	265215  

Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:35 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
2007 27' Safari FB SE
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Jonesboro , Arkansas
Multiple Airstreams

We bought our first in 2007, a 25' Safari FB. In 2014 we bought a 30' Flying Cloud Bunk. We were traveling with our 2 daughters and wanted something with a little more room/privacy as they were getting older. We kept our 25' in case, in the future, either of the girls and their families wanted one to use.

ghaag is offline   Reply With Quote