Old 08-08-2017, 12:16 PM   #29
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Reminder, vented tanks are not good for carrying inside SUVs. Not even really fine metal vented tanks. Being wider than they are tall, they're not likely to tip over and spill, but it's not the liquid that you need to worry about, it's the gasoline vapor.

Not everyone is aware that breathing gasoline vapor can cause headaches, dizziness, nausea, memory impairment, and loss of motor coordination because the nerves that send signals to your muscles can be affected. If carrying gasoline (or diesel, for that matter) in a space that is also occupied by people or pets, please stick to CARB-approved non-vented cans.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:39 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Seattle , Washington
Well, ultimately the decision's been made not by Eeyore nor Pollyanna, but by our dogsitter, who has cancelled on us.

With the prospects of being unsure what our cooling capabilities will be in 90 degree weather under full sun, we both agree it's too risky to bring our black German Shepherd with us, so our shakedown cruise will have to wait.

I'll be posting elsewhere to sell our spot for the eclipse, but if you see this and are interested, please PM me.

FarFetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:46 PM   #31
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarFetched View Post
Well, ultimately the decision's been made not by Eeyore nor Pollyanna, but by our dogsitter, who has cancelled on us.

With the prospects of being unsure what our cooling capabilities will be in 90 degree weather under full sun, we both agree it's too risky to bring our black German Shepherd with us, so our shakedown cruise will have to wait.

I'll be posting elsewhere to sell our spot for the eclipse, but if you see this and are interested, please PM me.
Hi

As I mentioned in another thread, we use the neighbor kids as dog sitters. It's worked quite well for us. As long as we have lots of water, we bring at least one dog along with us on most trips. They seem to handle the heat pretty well. We do get the Neuf's haircuts in the summer, but that's about it.

Bob
uncle_bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:58 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Seattle , Washington
Send them my way! I couldn't even get the neighbor's kids to move our garbage 20 feet to the curb properly.
FarFetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:28 PM   #33
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Hehehe.. that's gonna be fun!!!
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:43 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2011 19' Flying Cloud
Renton , Washington
We've got dogs, too. So we get it. Enjoy getting to know your new place! See you on the road!

orange kayak is offline   Reply With Quote