Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2017, 08:29 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Add to that:
air compressor
air tank
Trailer Aid ramp
tire pressure gauge
booster cables
car wash supplies
bicycles
firewood
lawn chairs
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:41 AM   #22
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Some tings you will have along are campsite specific. You will learn what you need by going to those sites. That stuff will take up space in the AS and maybe in the TV. There is only just so much space and just so much payload you have available. This is a process of balancing this vs that rather than "bring everything every time". Don't go to crazy buying stuff until you have a better idea of how it all will fit in.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Petaluma , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by utahredrock View Post
I highly recommend Rich Luhr's The Newbies Guide to Airstreaming. You can buy it at his website airstreamlife.com.

Rich is the publisher of Airstream Life. I recommend subscribing to that too!

His guide covers tons of basics and is filled with great info. He has a companion book too The Nearly Complete Guide to Airstream Maintenance.

X2 and don't buy too much up front as someone mentioned earlier. Go Camp. if you need something, buy it and keep it in the trailer for next time. The must have is a cork screw! -Brad

- Brad
SuperTrouper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Saint Augustine , Florida
Wow, I now have more lists than "Hair" ! (that doesn't take much). Really, thanks to all for their input. This will all end up on a spread sheet for later consideration.
accordionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:12 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Currently Looking...
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Have been told at check-in. Have seen the requirement in the park rules. Pat

Interesting. I have never been told. Probably will bite me someday but I also never felt the need to read park rules as I try not to do anything out of the ordinary or stupid.

However I'm glad you brought up the topic of formaldehyde free. I have never given it much thought. I have been very pleased with the stuff I buy. Brakes down the TP quickly and has a pleasant long lasting smell. Walex brand. I did check the label and it does not list the ingredients but does say formaldehyde free.

There is also a thread on here somewhere that someone makes their own. I may be wrong but it contains Detergent, Chlorine bleach and Water softener.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #26
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by utahredrock View Post
I highly recommend Rich Luhr's The Newbies Guide to Airstreaming. You can buy it at his website airstreamlife.com.

Rich is the publisher of Airstream Life. I recommend subscribing to that too!

His guide covers tons of basics and is filled with great info. He has a companion book too The Nearly Complete Guide to Airstream Maintenance.
We were very impressed with Rich's Newbies Guide. It was helpful with several issues and easy to understand. If you did not get one from your dealer, order one. If you an RVer with several years of experience, then it may not be much help beyond some laughs. After all, it is for newbies.

We were less impressed with the Nearly complete guide to Airstream maintenance. It is limited in depth and is more helpful to the folks who take their coach to a dealer for maintenance than folks who DIY. Have to admit that I did not purchase it for over a year and read a lot of info on the forum. That may have blunted the value. The info here is fantastic. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:13 AM   #27
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

So far we have been lucky enough to have good data coverage where we have camped. That does push up the data usage on the cell phones a bit. Best to add that (and maybe a cell phone booster) to the budget.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote