Old 02-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Minneapolis , Minnesota
Looking for rentals for a wedding in August

Hi dear Airstreamers,

I am having a wedding just north of Portland over Labor Day weekend in August. My big dream is to have some airstream trailers as accommodations for guests at the farm that is hosting our event. Do any of you rent out your airstreams? Do you know of folks who do? We need up to 8 of them, open to all kinds of configurations. Renting from two to four days. We can put down deposits and all that good stuff so you know that we will take good care of your trailer. It's a wedding that's for mostly older folks, 35+, who will appreciate your beloved Airstream. Thanks for any clues on my foraging trail!

hherrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2012 30' International
Vintage Kin Owner
Bad Axe , Michigan
There are actually places that will rent out Airstreams. Just google Airstream rentals.
I don't know too many folks who would rent out their own Airstreams.
Good luck with your wedding plans!

dkrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Welcome to Airforums, Haven, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Your idea sounds lovely - a ring of silver on a scenic farm, hosting dear family and friends. If you do find people who are willing to rent out their Airstreams, here's a thread to look at to see what concerns they might have about their rig. A bit of advanced reading could give you an idea of what specific fears you might need to be prepared to allay.

As you can see, people tend to get pretty attached to their Airstreams. Repairs can easily run into a lot of time or money or effort since they are specialized pieces of equipment. As mentioned above, you might have better luck looking for a company with rental units rather than individuals willing to give theirs up on Labor Day weekend.
Our travel and renovation blog:
webspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Rivet Master
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
There are several Portlands. It might help to specify which one.
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Rivet Master
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
I like the vision, but the logistics might not be practical. As has already been noted, most of the owners here would rather be dragged ten miles by their teeth - they are very protective of their beloved Airstream.

Secondly, these trailers get very hot in the summer without hook-up to a 30 amp power supply which supports the air conditioner. If you are thinking of parking them in a farmer's field, you could arrange for a power supply. There are many companies that offer utility-support services for special events, but it would add to the cost factor.

If you cannot get enough Airstreams, have you thought of regular vintage trailers? (Non Airstream). They would look equally kewl, and there may be more owners willing to rent. The downside is the fact most of these oldies do not have any air conditioning or full washrooms. Your guests will need access to a shower - you could rig up an outdoor shower!
That would be an experience for your guests. (BTW, I am involved in event planning and it really is all about creating those unique experiences!)

I know of one vintage rental company in Bend, Oregon (if you mean Portland, Oregon) called "Cowgirl Cabins."

Additon: Looks like their website is down (Cowgirl Cabins). They may be out of business. I believe it - there are lots of issues/complications in the vintage trailer rental market.
easily distracted by shiny objects
Fly at Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member
Vintage Kin Owner
Portland , Oregon
We have a 66 Streamline Countess that we might consider renting. Shes 26 feet with twin beds and a full bath. I will contact you offline.

You might also check with the " Rollin Oldies Vintage Trailer" club.

Sounds like a neat idea, where is the wedding?
Ian Lomax
1966 Streamline Countess 26'
JeweloJalopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #7
Minneapolis , Minnesota

ooooooh thank you so much everyone.

It's Portland, OR.
There are RV hookups for power and such.
Bathroom/shower sitch already provided for.

I know that it's a long shot for some folks, but I do see small businesses around the country that do this kind of I totally respect that some people would say nevernomind! but I can be hopeful that somebody would be into it.

I really appreciate all your good advice, which is what make the Airstream community so great!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #8
Minneapolis , Minnesota
Hi Iam --

Thanks for your reply. I will make sure my email is in my personal profile. The wedding is at Coyote Ridge Ranch in La Center, WA. Beautiful place, RV hook ups, not far from Portland. I look forward to hearing from you, and I really appreciate the suggestions too!