Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2016, 01:10 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member

Palm Desert , California
Internet Buying

After I had decided what model to buy, I started calling all of the dealers within a two day drive. Talked to the internet sales person and made my offer. If they wouldn't play, I'd move on to save both of us our time. Finally reached a sales person who said 'that could work'. After a few days negotiating the add ons (hitch, brake controller, etc), we closed the deal over the phone and I picked it up a few weeks later when convenient.

I would have preferred to buy local but they weren't dealing so move on I did.

Dave
dasams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:53 PM   #62
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Rancho Murieta , California
Well done, Dave! Where did you end up buying?
Ronman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #63
4 Rivet Member

Palm Desert , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronman View Post
Well done, Dave! Where did you end up buying?
Sutton RV in Eugene.
dasams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:10 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I just had some routine maintenance work at Sutton RV, while on the west coast, and found them easy to deal with, straightforward, capable, and honest.

Maggie
Old 10-16-2016, 11:08 PM   #65
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Our AS also came from Sutton. Very good experience according to our son, who was the buyer at the time.

Our 2007 was in super shape and only had one prior owner.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:41 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Los Osos , California
Talk to the dealer's final decision maker, not a salesperson. You should expect at least 12-15% off MSRP.

Talk to Airstream owners about the quality of service at prospective dealerships. This can be huge.

Remember, most trade-ins will be based on NADA wholesale, which is what the banks will loan the dealer to pay you for your Airstream. The dealer will make a bundle on your trade-in. A reputable dealership may give you more, bankrolling the difference itself. You might want to talk trade-in once you have agreed on price to avoid a sliding scale between price and trade-in.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:22 AM   #67
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Williamsburg , Virginia
Looking for Airstream Dealer

Rv One in Florida is who I bought from and had a good experience. Price was great, processing paper was good, as was the walkthrough. Follow up, not so much, but I didn't really need it. I don't plan to drive there for service, so for what I got out of them, a great trailer at a great price, I am happy with the experience.
Ttaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:53 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaugh View Post
I would suggest Haydocy Airstream in Columbus Ohio. Talk to either Eric or Brian.

I can second this, Eric at Haydocy. We picked up our 2017 Classic and when I got her home and double checked everything found an issue. Called them, they apologized, made an after sale concession and asked me to bring the unit back. I was satisfied with the sales process and after sale performance. The tech they have Joe does nice work and even answered a question I had that the factory had a tough time answering.

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:19 PM   #69

2016 27' International
Hempstead , Texas
Looking for Airstream Dealer

Bayer RV in Dublin, Texas was wonderful to us! Our salesman, Steve Woods, was very kind and professional. We were very pleased with the price and the process. We ordered a 2016 27FB International Signature and received it ahead of schedule. Steve even helped us coordinate a visit to the factory in Jackson Center, OH to see our new trailer on the assembly line. We couldn't have been more pleased with this dealership and our salesman. The drive from Houston was totally worth it. Highly recommend!
SilveradoTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:26 PM   #70
Renassiance man

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Simi valley , California
Nick at colonial in New Jersey was great,
Brentsdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:19 AM   #71

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Northport , Colorado
North Trail RV in Fort Myers....BEST price AWESOME Service

Prior to ordering/purchasing my 2017 FC30, I was in Dallas....so went to Vogt... was in San Antonio... so went to Buda.... was in Sevierville TN, so went to Chilhowee...

Prices for both Vogt and CamperClinic were highest priced due to they include a lifetime warranty that they just add into your price.

I spoke with Southland and got their best price.
Spoke with Colonial and got their best price.

Was ready to purchase from one of the two above...but then discovered North Trai RV in Fort Myers was beefing up their Airstream footprint. I spoke with Derek Weakly and and Mike Harlan (formerly of Hadocy) and explained I just want their best price first-shot...I'm not getting into bidding wars... just give me your best price apples-to-apples.

They emailed me with detailed itemized option sheet and they were $1500 lower than anybody else's best price, including Colonial.

I ordered it, they kept me updated, sent me the VIN...sent me pics when she arrived, and their customer service was OUTSTANDING!!!

Highly recommend North Trail RV in Fort Myers... Derek Weakly and Mike Harlan. Can't go wrong, two thumbs up!
RLNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:25 AM   #72
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarpipe View Post
Who has had good luck with their dealer and salesperson and would recommend them? We are currently looking and have not had much success. We live in North Texas, but don't mind to travel for purchase. We had a 2010 International 25FB, traded for a 5th Wheel (If that's in the back of your mind, DON'T DO IT) because we thought we needed more space. We didn't. There is nothing like Airstream. Looking at the Flying Cloud 25FB twin. We know our trade is going to be a challenge, but it seems like most of the dealers have a take it or leave it attitude with the Airstreams right now because they are more popular than ever. We would just like someone we could have an intelligent, honest conversation with that is knowledgeable about the product and can give us some options. Thanks for the input.

Live in Dallas and bought at Leisure Time RV in Oklahoma City from Ken. Easy 3hr drive. Have had service performed at North Dallas RV since then by Randy.

NOT impressed by Vogt. On sales, no negotiation. On service, expensive and bureaucratic. Couldn't even get us in for a month from the date we called for warranty service. Suggest avoiding.
AirDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:43 AM   #73
3 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Granville , Ohio
Funny how people have different experiences. Loved working and negotiating with Vogt. They matched others prices and they are local for me.
Roadhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:55 PM   #74
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Montgomery , Texas
Had the same experience Vogt. They appear to only be concerned with those that actually bought from them. Have had good and not so good experiences with Camper Clinic 2 in Buda. They are quick and don't discriminate against those that didn't buy from there. Best was from Foley RV in Gulfport.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:56 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
When the labor clock will be clicking along at rates between $125 and $150 while the employee gets $15 to $20 max, one has two expectations, the job might be done by somewhat experienced workers and done correctly the first time with no returns to repair the ancillary damage caused while the primary issue was repaired and the trailer is clean.

Sure wish a positive experience had been our result with two different dealerships.

We use a very reputable third party shop Paul Mayeux at A&P Vintage Trailer Works in Paradise, TX) that is an authorized Airstream service and warranty repair facility. While not close, it is worth the drive to get normal and extreme custom work done properly in one trip. They also do lots of amazing restoration work.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:49 AM   #76
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Western MA , Massachusetts
Bought 2 trailer from Colonial

Patrick at Colonial was excellent as was the entire team & their pickup process.
Wild Child is offline   Reply With Quote